IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I also really want to know is how in the world did she not notice anything if she was living with him! I don't get it. She must have seen something. Blood, scratches, and all those other things LE told the public to look for.
Not if he knocked her out from behind and then put her in his truck. The cornfield was the secondary location, that's where any assault happened, and by then she was most likely incapacitated. No scratches, no bruises, because there was no fight. Less than 30 seconds to pull over, pop the trunk, and sucker punch or otherwise incapacitate a victim. I don't believe a single word passed between them.

The owners of the farm where he worked said they have had over 100 threatening phone calls, some threatening to burn the farm down, some threatening to kill them and one call even told him he was going to kill his dog. OMG.

This does nothing at all to help and is awful, not to mention illegal. Work to change the system legally if you are upset with current laws.

I don't think it is departmentalizing to avoid "internal" responsibility - I believe he knew he was responsible for her abduction and death (and whatever happened in between) and he just is floating something to try to wiggle free publicly and legally.
It’s a bit of all of the above. There’s a legal strategy, a strategy concerned by appearance, and a psychological one that allows him to let himself off the hook.
“She made me do it.”
“Bad me did it.”
“I blacked out”
BS

Just a question for long time posters. After following little Lucas Hernandez and now sweet Mollie, do any cases have happy (or acceptable) endings? Do sad for everyone.......

Occasionally we have good endings. The Ohio girls captured by Ariel Castro; Jaycee Duggard; Elizabeth Smart.... a few runaways had threads deleted when they were found quickly.

With the witch hunt now focusing on the farm, I'm not sure why anyone is surprised.

I made my peace yesterday on naming the farm like this. Hopefully a dog doesn't get shot because others insisted on publicizing it and blaming the owner of the farm.

But who knows, maybe the dog liked him and so deserves to be punished?

No no please don't kill the dog...….:mad:

So his target audience is illegal immigrants or murderers or sexual deviants right? If he thinks he is winning any points with the good people of Poweshiek county I think he is as delusional as his client!

And honestly I truly want to know if he approached CR or if someone in the family or LE or Courts reached out to him? Is there a way to know? Any contract he has with CR is a private contract.

Here is something I believe should be - if a person can afford a private attorney, then any expenses for that defense should be the burden of the defense. I don't want this guy to take a case pro bono and then submit request after request to the court for the court to pay for the part of the defense.

Could hat happen here?

Why should it matter if he approached the family or the family or court approached him? CR is entitled to a good defense and if I were a resident I would absolutely want him to have the best possible attorney so that his conviction sticks. I can’t imagine that at this point anyone would hold it against him... someone has to represent CR, right? Now if he started throwing Mollie under the bus THEN I could see him being public enemy #1 in that county.

Was she currently living with him? According to this, she was an ex-girlfriend. (FWIW, I take Daily Mail with a grain of salt)

Friend of murdered Mollie Tibbetts reveals chilling texts with Cristhian Rivera, Mollie's killer | Daily Mail Online
In the past, he told her he split up from his ex-girlfriend, the mother of his daughter, because she cheated on him.
He is pictured with his ex-girlfriend I.M., who was friend with Mollie on Facebook, and their young daughter
Could be. Or at least she is now.

“'Everything was normal except for when we brought Mollie up. He didn’t seem to want to talk about her, just changed the subject.

'I was panicked and was asking everyone if they knew anything. So I brought it up again and asked what he thought happened.

''All he said was “Probably what her parents think, she took off with someone and doesn’t know what to do.”

'Thinking back on it now, he did seem pretty uncomfortable talking about her, but other than that he seemed normal,' she said.

From their conversation, she said it did not seem like the pair knew each other well. “

Friend of murdered Mollie Tibbetts reveals chilling texts with Cristhian Rivera, Mollie's killer | Daily Mail Online

-So, the FBI was correct about this profile aspect (not wanting to talk about it, which also conversely exists the profile aspect of having an increased interest in the case.

I wonder if their conversation was in English. In court, CR had two translators.

The owners of the farm where he worked said they have had over 100 threatening phone calls, some threatening to burn the farm down, some threatening to kill them and one call even told him he was going to kill his dog. OMG.
On the one hand, actions have consequences. On the other hand I think punishments have to fit crimes. People are upset right now, their safety has been threatened and the world they lived in has changed forever. I would think a town wide candle vigil for Mollie would be much more productive and a group of people to create a memorial for her, perhaps a scholarship fund for someone who wants to pursue what Mollie had hoped to do, find some way to allow Mollie's hope for a better world to still happen.

People do realize that a lot of employers are aware that they employ illegal immigrants, right? They pay them below minimum wage and mistreat them because they know none of them will be able to complain. My partner works at a machine shop and their boss warned everyone to "figure out a way to get legal" when Trump became president. They know what they're doing.

That's my belief. He came upon her quickly. No dialogue that he claims IMO
And remember, it's only his word about what happened; he's had a month to think about things, and of course he's going to spin things in a way that gives him (in his mind) the best advantage. Hopefully the autopsy will give us a somewhat clearer picture of what went down.

Well, I watched the video of the proceedings. I don't know if could do what Mr. Richards was doing. That would be tough for me.

As a side note, I felt like there was much tension in there - as one should expect. Yet the accused didn't appear to "blackout" amid all that stress. But then I am not a medical expert.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3