IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back to Maps Media and Timeline. I want to go back to a couple things that have nagged at me for some time.

1. "... he dragged Tibbetts on foot from his vehicle to a secluded location in a cornfield,"

Who was on foot? CR? This makes no sense. How else was he going to drag her out of the trunk....on roller skates?? Naturally he was on foot.

Unless...he is partially lying partially telling the truth. Could it have been....just hear me out.... That she was fighting him but yet was drug on foot to a secluded location in a cornfield???

2. "...came to at an intersection.” Rivera told police he “then made a U-turn, drove back..."
Again he is probably partially lying partially telling the truth. Could it be that "made a u turn and drove back tot he cornfield? Then this would be the time frame he would "throw her over his shoulder and take her 20 feet into the cornfield and cover with with corn stalks?

I have more to add, but I would like others take on this first.
Just reread your post and wanted to address the lying bit, you are right, I think, he is doing both. It's easier for a habitual liar to include as much as the truth as possible, where it fits, that way it's easier to remember the lie. I wasn't sure if you saw my post so sorry if redundant but you reminded me that I wanted to add that. He lies about the parts he needs to lie about. And he doesn't have to even make up much of a story because he has his black out story.

I don’t discount that blackouts or “block outs” happen, but it’s such a common tactic among offenders (to claim memory loss), that I treat it with a great deal of skepticism. Regardless, as you say, he is completely responsible for his actions in Mollie’s murder.
I would like to hear what his aunt and uncle, friends, and ex girlfriend have to say about witnessing these black outs, since he has them so often when he gets upset.

Do you know if kidnapping would result in federal charges?

The suspect is never going home if he is convicted. Even if he managed to slip back to Mexico before arrest, the USA has an extradition treaty with our neighbor.

There are circumstances where kidnapng can be elevated to the Federal level, but I don't think that applies in this case. However, the Feds can be very creative with filing charges and linking them to get where they want to go. I'm from Louisiana, and I've seen them do this a number of times, as has at least one past multi-term governor.

I am wondering why they impounded two cars? we knew about the black one, I do think I see damage as if something had fallen on it on the passanger front, but why the Nissan...you know they didn't go to get the black car and just happen to hook a Nissan up to the back on the way. it must be related to the crime in some way.
Good question, I assume it’s connected to CR in some way and they were able to take it if he also has permission to drive it. Maybe he tried to drive the Nissan more in the aftermath of the murder.

"He noticed there was an earpiece from the headphones in his lap and that is how he realized he put her in the trunk. He went to get her out of the truck and he noticed blood on the side of her head. The Defendant Rivera describe the female's clothing that she was wearing including an ear phone or head phone set."

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/082118+DCI+Arrest.pdf

It's weird how he mentions the earpieces before and after the trunk placement. It's like the earpieces hold significance. I wonder if they were the separate type or the kind held together with a wire hanging from her neck. I think the latter.

I am wondering if there are two separate situations. One where he drug her out of the backseat, (or trunk). She was fighting him so he was dragging her on foot. Then the second situation where she was taken out of the trunk and thrown over his shoulder 20 feet into the cornfield.....
Or maybe he slung her over his shoulder when he was tired from dragging her

There are circumstances where kidnapng can be elevated to the Federal level, but I don't think that applies in this case. However, the Feds can be very creative with filing charges and linking them to get where they want to go. I'm from Louisiana, and I've seen them do this a number of times, as has at least one past multi-term governor.

1034. Kidnapping—Federal Jurisdiction

When is kidnapping a federal crime? | Joseph S. Friedberg Chartered
According to the U.S. Department of Justice, kidnapping becomes a federal crime in six different situations. If a child under the age of 16 is taken by a non-custodial parent outside of the country, the feds will handle the case. Federal law enforcement also retain the rights if the person kidnapped is a foreign official or otherwise has international protection. If the victim is transported over state lines, it becomes a federal case. Any kidnapping in maritime or aircraft jurisdiction areas are also federal. Finally, the kidnapping of a federal employee comes under the federal jurisdiction.

I wonder what could the Feds come up with that would apply to this case. Would it have to involve CR's illegal status?

"He noticed there was an earpiece from the headphones in his lap and that is how he realized he put her in the trunk. He went to get her out of the truck and he noticed blood on the side of her head. The Defendant Rivera describe the female's clothing that she was wearing including an ear phone or head phone set."

It's weird how he mentions the earpieces before and after the trunk placement. It's like the earpieces hold significance. I wonder if they were the separate type or the kind held together with a wire hanging from her neck. I think the latter.

It makes me wonder if CR's intention was only to rob MT of her phone and ear buds and it escalated to murder when she fought back... noting that CR came out of his memory block to find ear buds in his lap. Far-fetched, but possible. As of yet, we are not privy to motive.

I think we talked about this before, about it being possible the ear bud came loose in the struggle and the rest of it was partially still on her.

I too wondered about that too. There's an earbud on his lap, and she's wearing an earbud with the wire? Maybe police included this information to demonstrate that the suspect's story is not entirely believable.

It makes me wonder if CR's intention was only to rob MT of her phone and ear buds and it escalated to murder when she fought back... noting that CR came out of his memory block to find ear buds in his lap. Far-fetched, but possible. As of yet, we are not privy to motive.
I think he fully intended to rape, assault and kill her. He may want people to believe that he just snapped, but I highly doubt that's possible.

This article says that she used wireless ear buds

Iowa college student Mollie Tibbetts went for a jog last week – and hasn’t been seen since

"She ran with her Fitbit on her wrist, and with her cellphone connected to wireless headphones."

Edited to add: But yeah, mentioning the headphones is strangely specific, especially if they were wireless. Did she take one out to talk to him/(or tell him to p*ss off? Did she drop it during an altercation and then he picked it up?

What? He may only get 90 days?!! Is that what you are trying to say? Or is it only in the event that someone who only gets 90 days for a minor crime can be deported? Can you state in one or two sentences what you are saying?.... ... Very tired so it just sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo right now. I'll check for my answer tomorrow... thank you

I don’t think there’s a snowballs chance in hell of him being deported period. To turn loose someone who visciously murders a young college student in the manner which he did would be irresponsible.

There’s lots of “far-fetched” theories that are possible, but the simplest, most logical, is that this was a sexually motivated homicide.

I think he fully intended to rape, assault and kill her. He may want people to believe that he just snapped, but I highly doubt that's possible.

Results of LE's researching CR's history might confirm if it includes information of similar assaults/attempts but I'm not sure they'll find anything; not to say there ins't a history but it might be difficult to assemble.

There’s lots of “far-fetched” theories that are possible, but the simplest, most logical, is that this was a sexually motivated homicide.

I agree with that assumption, I was simply floating another possibility.

This article says that she used wireless ear buds

Iowa college student Mollie Tibbetts went for a jog last week – and hasn’t been seen since

"She ran with her Fitbit on her wrist, and with her cellphone connected to wireless headphones."

Edited to add: But yeah, mentioning the headphones is strangely specific, especially if they were wireless. Did she take one out to talk to him/(or tell him to p*ss off? Did she drop it during an altercation and then he picked it up?

Bluetooth wireless earbuds:

61dKU8yVU9L._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you, AH, for your thoroughly informative post. I am glad you clarified the situation and corrected my assumptions and incorrect interpretations of the policies.

I must add, some might expect a "Verified ********" would have been as forthcoming with such an informative response instead of flying off with denigration.

Again, thank you, AH!

Happy to be of service!

I think at least one verified attorney has pretty much said the same tonight, as have some other folks that I suspect are of a legal persuasion, but I wanted to clarify that I was the one who had been talking about CR possibly being tried outside of Iowa.

Hey, they're your assumptions and you're entitled to them, but I don't have to drink your Kool-Aid, nor do you have to drink mine; and denigration is in the eye of the beholder Chuck.

Also, I was on the ground in New Orleans after Katrina, and had a chance to see FEMA and Homeland Security overstep their bounds. I don't ever want to see the Feds, or local LE, that out of control in a US city ever again! I guess I'm just funny that way.

MOO

NO, I did not suggest CR will only be sentenced to serve 90 days. The reinstated policies indicate a convicted I.I. must have served at least 90 days after a conviction before DHS may proceed with deportation. It does not spell out that a release from incarceration must have occurred although that might be assumed.
So you are saying he does not necessarily have to be released in order to be deported? But there wouldn't be a chance of release anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans