IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he think she was in the trunk unless he remembered putting her there?

If he was blocked out and the last thing he remembered was her threatening to call the police then his last memory was that.

So what made him think she was in the trunk and not still jogging somewhere?

Even if he found her earbud, what made him think “oh she’s in the trunk” unless he recalled putting her there and not just racing away from the scene to avoid LE?
As far as I recall, it was stated that when he came to and saw the earbud, he remembered there was a body in the trunk. I could be wrong, but I don't think the statement was that he remembered "putting a body in the trunk." Maybe someone can find LE' s statement, but that's what I remember from the time we first heard it.

I think that's more like fainting. It's confusing because a black out is commonly associated with everything going black and passing out. I don't think that's what he means, however. I think he is describing exactly what Jodi Arias claimed, as she was driving, she saw blood on her hands, and realized she must have "done something."
Yeah, sounds more like 'the fog' a la Jodie Arias.

I've been out of town...did they ever find the weapon he used on Mollie?

I think you mean prove the truth, but sometimes it is the very fact that the " narcississt" is so " full of himself ", that he will slip up. Some will eagerly tell their story to LE, gory details and all, it gives them a rush, and helps them to " relive the crime" jmo
Thank you. I just can’t wrap my head around lies.

Thanks. Ashley was a sweet kid. I think she and Mollie will get along famously.

Education gives us knowledge, failure gives us wisdom.

I can’t imagine what your family has gone through

Recently a relative of my sister in law was shot and killed at the Santa Fe school shooting in Texas

It really changes your world when tragedy strikes

Yes, it's detailed information that only he would know.
I was thinking the question is really whether Mollie being left face up holds any psychological clues as to the killers mindset. I've read some killers will not leave their victims face up, but I haven't read anything regarding those that do.

If he was blocked out and the last thing he remembered was her threatening to call the police then his last memory was that.

Even if he found her earbud, what made him think “oh she’s in the trunk” unless he recalled putting her there and not just racing away from the scene to avoid LE?
Also I think he knew perfectly well how she got in the trunk, but made up the story of not remembering because he did not want LE to know what he did. No One ever said he was a good liar.

As far as I recall, it was stated that when he came to and saw the earbud, he remembered there was a body in the trunk. I could be wrong, but I don't think the statement was that he remembered "putting a body in the trunk." Maybe someone can find LE' s statement, but that's what I remember from the time we first heard it.

No you are correct, I’m playing devils advocate

We have to ask why he would ever think there was a body in the trunk if he blocked out when she threatened to call the police.

He would have to remember that part when he saw the earbud.....does that make any sense?

Not yet, that we know of, but LE appears to be looking. According to the official record (up post) there appears to have have been a warrant issued in this case today. A lot of buzz as to why and for what. Stayed tuned...

I was thinking the question is really whether Mollie being left face up holds any psychological clues as to the killers mindset. I've read some killers will not leave their victims face up, but I haven't read anything regarding those that do.

If thought about this as well, But the conclusion I have come to is. That it was probably more about simple logistics, CR has MT on his shoulder to carry her and probably its just as simple as thats the way he laid her down on the ground. I think he was in a rush and probably placed her there that way bc of the way he was carrying her. Grabbed some leaves to cover her and got out of there as quickly as he could. Just typing this makes me physically Ill !!!!!!!!!!!!

Not yet, that we know of, but LE appears to be looking. According to the official record (up post) there appears to have have been a warrant issued in this case today. A lot of buzz as to why and for what. Stayed tuned...

Is this the warrant issued yesterday or today? The one at the beginning of the thread? Thanks!

if they are robbing a store I think you are right. is assumed every store has them. and again I agree the cctv cant stop the act unless it is being live real time viewed. I think in a home setting is different. I think a home with cctv is a less target than one without. I also think that in a look back way they are very valuable. apparently cctv went a long way to helping locate the person in this case.
They didn't stop these people:
package thieves try to steal - YouTube

I have 4 IP cameras that record to dvr. Two of my neighbors also have cameras but I had never noticed them before a couple of weeks ago. One house looks like they installed them awhile ago and the other fairly recently but for some reason they just blend in. On mine it has a blue light shining right at you so impossible to not notice.

I can’t imagine what your family has gone through

Recently a relative of my sister in law was shot and killed at the Santa Fe school shooting in Texas

It really changes your world when tragedy strikes

Very sorry for you and yours loss. Like I said, it makes you wiser. Good luck and best wishes to your SIL and RT.

No, but you probably know cause of death was sharp force injury, they don't know what type of weapon was used at all.

Could he have passed out from too much adrenaline? Is that a thing?

And all these posts today about reasonable doubt and whatnot makes me think the defense would be kinda smart to anonymously post some theories around the Internet to see what things might give folks cause to experience some reasonable doubt? Not saying any one is doing that here necessarily, but it seems like it could be a helpful strategy. Post something, see how it goes, try something else, etc.

Attorneys can hire firms to check out all the potential jurors which is usually registered voters in a county. Obvious "problem jurors" are eliminated ie. Bubba , who considers trying to pick up random ladies a pleasurable pass time. And it goes both ways, prosecution and defense both use these services.

Is It Ethical to Research Jurors Online during Jury Selection?

No you are correct, I’m playing devils advocate

We have to ask why he would ever think there was a body in the trunk if he blocked out when she threatened to call the police.

He would have to remember that part when he saw the earbud.....does that make any sense?
Yes, I think I know exactly what you mean. If the earbud triggered his memory, he must have had some recollection that he did something terrible to her to recall that her body was in the trunk. Is that right?

Excellent point! What’s the connection between his seeing the earbud and then remembering he put her in the trunk? The only thing I can think of is at this point, LE had enough to lay murder #1 charges and limited the information written on the arrest warrant, prior to further questioning.

“He noticed there was an ear piece from headphones in his lap and that is how he realized he put her in the trunk”.
http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744