IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know maybe he never really cared either way if he was caught. Seems to me he was vain evident in his attention to detail in appearance. Sense of entitlement? Constant rejection from American women possibly? Stuck in a dead end job working 12 hr. days 7 days a week? Little money if he indeed was sending some back to Mexico? Points I ponder. IMO

I have wondered if CR’s term “blocking out” he could mean “blind anger”. I am not sure if anyone has had an episode of “blind anger”.

I say this because 4 months ago I became “blind with anger”. I was not aware of anything around me not even where I was. I don’t have a good recall if this today.

I remember the persons face but everything around it was dark.

I do not know what would have happened if my son had not observed the situation and taken me to an area to talk to me.

It was so overwhelming that I was dizzy and light headed for a couple days. I even went to my doctor because I had never ever had anything like that happen to me.

He was not concerned after talking with me. And he did not say it was blind anger. He left it alone.

I am not some random “nut-job”. I am a retired professional I come with excellent references. No one would ever not trust me in any life skill.

Yeah, it's also called a "red out" and can be as you describe with spotty recollection, or razor sharp recall of the oddest detail. It's part of the tachypsychia phenomena associated with adreneralin release. Stuff slows down, like in a bad kung fu movie. Been there, seen that myself (The tachypsychia part).

My father retired from a major, urban PD when he had a episode, like you described, when dealing with a prisoner on the tiers. He realized it was time to walk away after 25+ years before he really lost it! And he had 19 years as a beat (foot patrol) cop. God bless him.

Glad your son was there to pull your coat tail, stuff happens. I too have thought that CR's "block out" could be a "red out"' associated with something like intermittent anger disorder.

But, yeah you're right.

MOO

If Mollie had the chance to fight him off, there could also be DNA under her fingernails. Would that last in those conditions for that amount of time longer than DNA on other parts of her body? TIA experts here
During the 3-4 week of decomposition the fingernails fall off, I think. It may be very difficult trying to retrieve evidence under fingernails.

I used to work extracting DNA from hair. I don't know anything about forensics, but I do know when an animal dies in a field, there is oftentimes hair scattered around the decomposing body. Does hair have a slower rate of decomposition? I do know under the right conditions, hair follicles are an excellent source of DNA.
Hair follicles can be a good source of DNA. But hair itself isn't. Hair itself has DNA, but it's missing a component called nuclear DNA which makes it really difficult and almost impossible to glean any genetic identification. When hair grows it's essentially dead skin cells, so the shaft is already degraded. There have been instances of fragments nuclear DNA being present in the shaft of some individuals, and it's a long process to explain, and they are able to extract DNA from those hair shafts, but it's not common.

The root or follicle has to be present, which means the hair has to have been pulled out. That can happen with pubic hairs during sexual intercourse or when fighting off an attacker. In an instance where the follicle is present, then yes, the hair can be a good source of DNA.

For all we know maybe he never really cared either way if he was caught. Seems to me he was vain evident in his attention to detail in appearance. Sense of entitlement? Constant rejection from American women possibly? Stuck in a dead end job working 12 hr. days 7 days a week? Little money if he indeed was sending some back to Mexico? Points I ponder. IMO
I think he cared. He was sending money back to his parents, according to the father. Even if he sent 20 dollars a week that's still two days work for someone in Mexico, at least. I also don't think he would have thought of his job that way. The money he was paid was a fortune to him. It will be interesting if we knew if he was saving some and planning to return. I just don't see him not caring. He must have taken steps not to get caught. They haven't found the weapon or clothing that we know of. But he must have been very careful after the crime since no one seemed to notice anything.

Oh I certainly see he took some steps to cover up his crime but I was throwing it out there that if he was ever caught did he really care? LE stated he did not put up a fight and was co-operative. Then again maybe he felt he could charm LE with his calm demeanor and block out lie IMO I just pray he pleads guilty and spares Mollie's loved one's further agony.

A couple of articles for you.
Persistence of spermatozoa and prostatic acid phosphatase in specimens from deceased individuals during varied postmortem intervals. - PubMed - NCBI
The recovery of seminal components and DNA from the vagina of a homicide victim 34 days postmortem. - PubMed - NCBI
The second is a case study from Maine where they were able to recover both seminal components and DNA from a female 34 days postmortem.
and lastly this one:
[The forensic expertise of cadavers of females suspected to be victims of sexually motivated homicide]. - PubMed - NCBI

It's why DNA has become an intriguing field. Even with touch DNA there is conflict on how long that DNA lasts. Let's say you're being tried for a murder, your DNA was found at the crime scene. You could argue, and win, that your DNA was left there long before the crime occurred, possibly even years earlier, because there is no "set" time for the degradation of DNA. In a corpse, on the soil, under corn leaves, there is a difference in the rate of degradation of the corpse itself, but interior areas, for lack of a better term, hold on to things like seminal and epithelial DNA. The putrification process makes "pockets" for preservation of DNA, much like teeth (in older cadavers) and the inner ear (in less degraded cadavers).
Wow, cool stuff. If you're into that kind of thing, I mean.

His employer stated he had no issues with his work. His co-workers may feel differently but pretty amazing he never had a block out while at work. So nothing ever cheesed him off at work? What a liar. IMO

His employer stated he had no issues with his work. His co-workers may feel differently but pretty amazing he never had a block out while at work. So nothing ever cheesed him off at work? What a liar. IMO
That's what I'm waiting for. An actual witness that has noticed these blackouts, red outs, block outs, or whatever they may be. I bet they don't find one.

That is strange. Is it all your replies that the quote shows up in the wrong place? Are you hitting the reply located in the actual post?

Yes, and actually the material that I am replying to shows up right above my reply, but another post then shows up on the screen. Had a lot of trouble with that yesterday. Thanks.

It's in the affidavit that he used his phone to determine the route he traveled (to the cornfield). And according to CR, he came to (from his blackout) at an intersection and he did a u-turn and drove to a driveway to a cornfield and pulled in to park. That's when he claims to see the earbud and remember her in the trunk. So he drags and carries her into the cornfield.
If thats the case, why was he in that area in the first place?

Yes, and actually the material that I am replying to shows up right above my reply, but another post then shows up on the screen. Had a lot of trouble with that yesterday. Thanks.
I don't know how long you have been a member, but in the beginning I had alot of trouble. I got caught up in a "broken quote" and was convinced it was all my fault.

JMO, I feel the video footage of the Malibu was discovered after LE released that map.

And I'm not convinced it will take an expert to debunk his "block out." He very well, somewhere along the way, might screw that up for himself.

Chevy Malibu's have the OnStar navigation system. It records gps locations of everywhere the car goes. Even if you don't subscribe to the OnStar program, the car still records it all. Once LE found the right Malibu, they could supoena GMC for past gps locations. Similar to a plane's black box. CR's goose was cooked even without cell phone geolocation info.

OnStar Tracks Your Car Even When You Cancel Service

"Navigation-and-emergency-services company OnStar is notifying its six million account holders that it will keep a complete accounting of the speed and location of OnStar-equipped vehicles, even for drivers who discontinue monthly service."

"Collecting location and speed data via GPS might also create a treasure trove of data that could be used in criminal and civil cases."

I don't know how long you have been a member, but in the beginning I had alot of trouble. I got caught up in a "broken quote" and was convinced it was all my fault.

Since Hannah Graham and I think it was 2014.
Before yesterday my replies were working fine and now they are again.

Likely a server glitch Mercedes. It's been happening randomly since we went to new server. I have trouble with my like button. Have to hit it 3 or 4 times. So I sometimes just don't like.
ETA- you can report your issues here
Welcome To Websleuths # 4

Thank you. Yesterday I thought I saw (heard) you say your
Quote button was not working.

Adding here: the blood everywhere, after stabbing Mollie, did not remind him, of what happened, but the earbud, caused him to check the boot.
Who would believe this rubbish!!
I was thinking maybe he didn't stab her until she was already in the cornfield. Like, maybe he knocked her out, stuffed her in his trunk, then drove around trying to figure out where he was going to finish his business. If he took time to stab her in the street, that might have gotten some attention, but if he already had her in the cornfield in about the position she was found in, he would have spared most of the blood from getting on him and have been more likely to avoid detection with the corn concealing everything that he was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l