IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can undocumented immigrants enroll their children in school in Iowa?
This is from 1982 so it may be outdated.
Undocumented children and young adults right to attend public schools.

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Plyler vs. Doe (457 U.S. 202 (1982)) that undocumented children and young adults have the same right to attend public primary and secondary schools as do U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Like other children, undocumented students are obliged under state law to attend school until they reach a mandated age. As a result of the Plyler ruling, public schools may not:

• Deny admission to a student during initial enrollment or at any other time on the basis of undocumented status.
  • Treat a student differently to determine residency.
  • Engage in any practices to "chill" the right of access to school.
  • Require students or parents to disclose or document their immigration status.
  • Make inquiries of students or parents that may expose their undocumented status.
  • Require social security numbers from all students, as this may expose undocumented status. (Adults without social security numbers who are applying for a free lunch and/or breakfast program on behalf of a student need only indicate on the application that they do not have a social security number.)

A school district may not request a student's or parent's social security number.

He possibly threatened her with a knife to get in the car. He may stabbed her there when she didn’t comply. That would definitely explain any Fitbit data showing distress in her vitals.
I like your comment, however, what would be the point a stabbing her once then throwing her in the trunk. That sounds more like an attack of vengeance, like your avenging a loved one. It doesn't take much to clock a woman in the head, or in the face. Or as Otto said, drove up close behind her flung open his car door knocked her to the ground.

Here are some of my wild speculations about that Nissan:
  • He drove it after the crime while the Malibu's trunk was getting cleaned (by himself or elsewhere)
  • He had access to both cars regularly (they belonged to the farm or his uncle)
  • Evidence was found inside that Nissan (whoever bought MT's phone off CR owned the car?)
  • It was the car described in the 2017 SA cases in neighboring counties and CR was involved
Let the hate posts begin... :)

It could be any. 1 or 2 seems most likely or a combination of the two.

My high school had 1500, and my graduating class had almost 550. Almost all of us knew each other. I would be shocked if everyone didn't know everyone else, at least on some level, at that high school. It has been reported that Mollie and IM were FB friends, which seems yet another indicator, to me anyway, that she probably at least knew something of CR. JMO

If she did, it couldn’t have been to any large extent, because it seems like she was immediately afraid of him and knew the situation was bad. If I had a friend who started following me in a car, I would be casually like, “Hey you, what are you doing, silly friend?” And then if he got out and started jogging with me, I probably still would not realize I was in a bad situation until they began to either talk or act in an aggressive manner. Up until that point, I would assume a friend was just messing around. So if she knew him, it had to have been in passing, like seeing occasional photos on social media, if that. But I’m guessing she really did not recognize him at all, and probably did not even realize she knew his sister.

That would definitely explain why it never powered back up. He probably powered it down and left it with her. But I have a weird feeling, he kept something as a kind of momento.
Interesting, I can't believe you're saying that. Because I have always thought that the earbud or earbuds was a trophy

If she did, it couldn’t have been to any large extent, because it seems like she was immediately afraid of him and knew the situation was bad. If I had a friend who started following me in a car, I would be casually like, “Hey you, what are you doing, silly friend?” And then if he got out and started jogging with me, I probably still would not realize I was in a bad situation until they began to either talk or act in an aggressive manner. Up until that point, I would assume a friend was just messing around. So if she knew him, it had to have been in passing, like seeing occasional photos on social media, if that. But I’m guessing she really did not recognize him at all, and probably did not even realize she knew his sister.

Again, no one is suggesting that they were friends. I know people that I would cross the street to keep from having to say hello to. But I still know them, or maybe BECAUSE I know them. Anyway, it seems that people believe what they believe about whether they knew each other or not, and that is fine. I will say no more on this topic.

This thread is dedicated to discussion of Mollie's case. While we know you are all very interesting people, please stop with the off-topic and anecdotal posts.

Also, the accused in this case has been referred to as an illegal immigrant. PERIOD. This is not a general chit-chat room or the venue to extend that discussion into immigration policies, documented vs undocumented, politics, cultural differences, etc.

Mollie’s heart rate was captured the entire time she was wearing her Fitbit. When her heart stopped, I assume that the declining heart rate was recorded as it went lower stopping at zero bpm. Below is a screen capture of my Fitbit data for heart rate. The first break in the chart is when I’d gone swimming and removed the FitB from my wrist. The second break is when I had removed it so I could charge it. (I wear mine continuously unless I shower, swim, or charge it). NOTICE the breaks. If someone dies while wearing a Fitbit, I assume that the declining rate, bpm, would be recorded to the Fitbit dashboard.
Thank you for this information!!! You are right about heart rate declining.

Someone long ago mentioned this in a post but I haven't seen it talked about much at all. Is it possible the attack, abduction, assault (if there was one), and multiple sharp force trauma injuries happened on 385th Ave. (or somewhere along the way), but MT didn't actually die until she bled to death in the trunk or in the field?

I like your comment, however, what would be the point a stabbing her once then throwing her in the trunk. That sounds more like an attack of vengeance, like your avenging a loved one. It doesn't take much to clock a woman in the head, or in the face. Or as Otto said, drove up close behind her flung open his car door knocked her to the ground.
Something like that. I just do not believe he exited that car for any substantial amount of time like he said. That was his getaway car. I also keep thinking if he was running along her like he said, it would have only taken one home grown Iowa boy to drive by.

I am wondering if CR had any knowledge of how to truly disable a cell phone. Perhaps he thought turning it off would be enough.

Unless one is into crime shows and discussion groups, I doubt if many people know or are even slightly interested in cell phone pings. I doubt if he thought much about it

These things happen so quick. I kept thinking of Holly Bobo during Mollie’s disappearance. I think Holly was dead within an hour of her abduction also. I felt Mollie was a hit and run. Totally got this one wrong but I felt that whatever happened to her was over and done before she was even reported missing.
Yes Holly too was a abduction rape and murder. All in an hour....sad

Well LE was referring to her Fitbit data long before they found her.I don't even know if they have her Fitbit at this time. Haven't seen that posted anywhere. I'm not a Fitbit user, so maybe I'm mistaken. But many posters here have said the phone needed to be within a given (relatively close) distance to enable the Fitbit data to be working.

My fitbit records while I wear it: learning about its use, from my Physio.
When I get home, it loads info to my laptop: as synchronized to laptop, similarly if synchronized to phone.
So phone or laptop, don't require to be near fitbit, for obtaining past records.
Records of the past days can be loaded and viewed.

Yes, especially this high profile case, were LE comments to media carefully decided.
The last two presser were carried out by the same LE Officer. In the first one almost zero body language; the last one a lot more body language, looked uncomfortable throughout.

My fitbit records while I wear it: learning about its use, from my Physio.
When I get home, it loads info to my laptop: as synchronized to laptop, similarly if synchronized to phone.
So phone or laptop, don't require to be near fitbit, for obtaining past records.
Records of the past days can be loaded and viewed.
So could someone track you or locate you if you were running and only wearing a Fitbit? Or would you need to have your phone with you as well?

Going by memory only I believe it’s around 50. My hometown also had a pop of 1,500 and my class was 36.

The school website says there are 300 elementary students in K-6. That included three towns: Guernsey, Malcolm and Brooklyn. So 300 kids in 7 grades (k-6) equals about 43 per class. I think your guess is right on!

BGM Elementary School

"We are at the same campus location as our Jr/Sr High School which allows for a lot of collaboration with students, parents, and staff in grades PK-12."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo