IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just referring to the people who have come forward so far claiming his advances were unwanted and creepy.

I never said his intent with the others indicated murder, obviously they are still alive after refusing him.

But he his apparent approach to meeting females creeped some of them out, that does play into how he approached Mollie that evening, IMO.
Actually, I recall it was CR's actions after they met him that put them off. Initially, they believed him to be well spoken and friendly. (As typical predator behavior to first befriend or groom their target). The creep factor comes after you realize they are not who/what you originally perceived of them. In this case, it was odd staring when in a crowd, or observed he was following. " Instinct" best describes the creep factor. MOO

Yeah, I see that whole thing being an issue with people who are in power taking advantage of their position. Not really anything comparable to guys driving around in cars in small towns trying to pick up women!

Yes, but the MSM storm over sexual harassment and men in power having to answer is sending a message to young women, teens and even girls that they can say no and mean it, that someone will listen when they speak out and that there are people they can speak to. It will take time, but change is happening even as we confab!

Under what circumstances does a young farmhand with a family, job, home, and future in Iowa not care about spending life in a cage?
It was apparently worth the risk. Like I said I’m not sure his plan was to be in jail, not unlike many other killers. I don’t recall any death penalty confessions that read “it sucks I was caught and sent to prison”. I just don’t think he cared either way IMO. He had a seemingly good life for an immigrant....hence the reason I believe for some reason he didn’t care. I can’t say what it was. Just a feeling and MOO. In the grand scheme of things it really doesn’t seem to matter....just thinking out loud!

That's where I'm at, too. If it was planned, there had to be somewhere less inconvenient and where a farmer wouldn't be harvesting in a couple months.
I think he thought that by the time the body was found, there would not be much left. In terms of evidence. If he had not been caught ( by way of the car, which did seem to be pretty lucky) it may have been impossible to link him to the crime. The spot he chose was secluded, they even searched near there and didn't find a thing. I think he knew that, and at the time thought it was the perfect spot. If this was his first kill, it's not surprising to me that he did not have a better plan.

The “me too” thing resulted in public figures and politicians getting called out and employers scrambling to tighten up their conduct policy before they got put on blast. I don’t see that the young men who want say harassing and even downright vulgar things to women they encounter in public are affected by it in the least.

Yes the high level public figures who are made an example of certainly make the news. I have to say I’m somewhat taken by surprise if, in general, it hasn’t made a difference in regard to respect for females. I’d hope it certainly was elevated in and around Iowa, particularly after July 19th.

ChuckMaureen said: ↑
I suppose if you had a lifestyle-threatening event in your life that meant losing everything you had you might have a different perspective.

bbm
The way this sentence is structured, it is taking ALL of the killer's personal responsibility out of the equation. That frustrates me.

The 'lifestyle' that is being threatened is a dishonest, illegal lifestyle. He is relying upon IDENTITY THEFT to live and work here.

I spent years being harassed by the IRS because someone, much like CR, stole my identity and worked in a meat packing plant, using my so sec number. Then I kept getting threatening letters from the IRS, saying I was not declaring all of my income. They wanted to charge me the taxes on that income. And it held back my regular tax returns for being filed for a few years.

So excuse me if I have little sympathy for his worries about his illegal lifestyle. That was all his own doing.

And you call it an 'event?' It is an 'event', that he stalked and brutally killed a beautiful, innocent girl?

It was MURDER, and he carried it out on his own terms.

If he didn't want her to call 911 and 'threaten' his so called 'lifestyle' , all he had to do was walk away and leave her alone. But he couldn't do that because he is a predator and was on a hunt that night.

He is not the victim here. Even though the above sentence tries hard to paint him as one. It is written like she 'threatened' his lifestyle and it was her fault that she forced him to stab her to death and dump her in the corn field. If only she hadn't 'threatened' him by wanting to call for help when he began running at her. She should have known it meant he HAD TO kill her. He is a good guy, a normal guy, but what else could he do?

I tend to keep emotion out of my posts. I attempt to ascertain facts as best as possible, analyze them, chew on them, spin them around and attempt to make sense of it all. I also speculate, expand upon and attempt to piece together various puzzles to see what fits and what doesn't, and so forth.

I resent my posts being categorized as victim-blaming, and/or as shifting blame from the victim to the perp, and/or removing blame from where it should apply.

What happens in our lives is rarely singular and isolated and not without affect from outside or inside of ourselves. Sometimes, many things affect a thought, an outcome, a plan and even spur-of-the-moment decisions.

That I attempt to approach Websleuth cases from multiple angles is not a wrong thing to do. That CR is the killer does not mean I should not attempt to see things from his point of view, why he may have done something or why he is the way he is or what was it that triggered him that day to do what he did. Did CR react to something that MT did, that one of his buddies said or did or something he read about online or watched in a YT video? It matters. We need to know and understand those whys and hows.

That does not mean I am excusing his actions. That does not mean I agree with what he did. That does not mean I blame the victim for what he did.

If you don't like my posts, that's fine, move on, but don't impart meanings to my posts that have no basis in context of my intent.

So please... refrain from categorizing my posts as any of that.

Don't distort her death to advance racist views
Rob Tibbetts, Guest columnistPublished 3:37 p.m. CT Sept. 1, 2018 | Updated 5:12 p.m. CT Sept. 1, 2018

Ten days ago, we learned that Mollie would not be coming home. Shattered, my family set out tocelebrate Mollie’s extraordinary lifeand chose to share our sorrow in private. At the outset, politicians and pundits used Mollie’s death to promote various political agendas. We appealed to them and they graciously stopped. For that, we are grateful.

Sadly, others have ignored our request. They have instead chosen to callously distort and corrupt Mollie’s tragic death to advance a cause she vehemently opposed. I encourage the debate on immigration; there is great merit in its reasonable outcome. But do not appropriate Mollie’s soul in advancing views she believed were profoundly racist. The act grievously extends the crime that stole Mollie from our family and is, to quote Donald Trump Jr.,“heartless" and "despicable.”

Make no mistake, Mollie was my daughter and my best friend. At her eulogy, I said Mollie was nobody’s victim. Nor is she a pawn in others’ debate. She may not be able to speak for herself, but I can and will. Please leave us out of your debate. Allow us to grieve in privacy and with dignity. At long last, show some decency. On behalf of my family and Mollie’s memory, I’m imploring you to stop.

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

[snip]

Instead, let’s turn against racism in all its ugly manifestations both subtle and overt. Let’s turn toward each other with all the compassion we gave Mollie. Let’s listen, not shout. Let’s build bridges, not walls. Let’s celebrate our diversity rather than argue over our differences. I can tell you, when you’ve lost your best friend, differences are petty and meaningless.

[snip]

From Mollie Tibbetts' father: Don't distort her death to advance racist views

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but the MSM storm over sexual harassment and men in power having to answer is sending a message to young women, teens and even girls that they can say no and mean it, that someone will listen when they speak out and that there are people they can speak to. It will take time, but change is happening even as we confab!

I suppose there may also be a difference between the culture in educational institutions including Colleges and Universities than in the general population of smaller communities, as learning institutions are prone to actively promote human rights.

Just an example, my daughters birthday was approaching and I asked my 12 year old grandson what he was going to give her as a gift. He said nothing. I asked why and he said she didn’t want anything. I said well maybe she just said that so you don’t feel obligated but she’d like to be surprised. Very adamantly he blurted out “No means no!” So that ended that.

It was apparently worth the risk. Like I said I’m not sure his plan was to be in jail, not unlike many other killers. I don’t recall any death penalty confessions that read “it sucks I was caught and sent to prison”. I just don’t think he cared either way IMO. He had a seemingly good life for an immigrant....hence the reason I believe for some reason he didn’t care. I can’t say what it was. Just a feeling and MOO. In the grand scheme of things it really doesn’t seem to matter....just thinking out loud!

It literally is a fruition of the old sage "living like there is no tomorrow". CR was in the moment, and acted without concern for the consequences. Which tends to make me think that his acts were much more spontaneous, and made up as he went along. He approached her, she rejected his advances, he lost his temper, and things went downhill from there.

And I suspect 'etiology' changes over time. Certainly the introduction of 'social media' alters behavior.

Even biological factors change. There are more hormones in the water supply. There are more outlets for *advertiser censored*. And even the epigenetic factors change expressions of DNA.

I tend to be a geneticist in terms of etiology, but one cannot deny the effects of culture and society and abuse.
Are there really more hormones in the water supply? I've always said that the reason people are so weird ( where I live) is that there must be something in the water.

If he is deported to Mexico, he doesn't have to live in a cage or risk gang murder. He could be a farmer in Mexico.
CR committed a crime that ensures he won't be deported. If he had assaulted Mollie and left it at that, he would be sent to prison and then deported. There are Mexican gangs targeting and killing people who have been deported from the U.S. including a DACA young man in Des Moines deported the month prior to Mollie's murder. He was murdered in Mexico two weeks later. I don't pretend to know what was going on in CR's head but it wouldn't surprise me if he truly did panic.

bbm

I tend to keep emotion out of my posts. I attempt to ascertain facts as best as possible, analyze them, chew on them, spin them around and attempt to make sense of it all. I also speculate, expand upon and attempt to piece together various puzzles to see what fits and what doesn't, and so forth.

I resent my posts being categorized as victim-blaming, and/or as shifting blame from the victim to the perp, and/or removing blame from where it should apply.

What happens in our lives is rarely singular and isolated and not without affect from outside or inside of ourselves. Sometimes, many things affect a thought, an outcome, a plan and even spur-of-the-moment decisions.

That I attempt to approach Websleuth cases from multiple angles is not a wrong thing to do. That CR is the killer does not mean I should not attempt to see things from his point of view, why he may have done something or why he is the way he is or what was it that triggered him that day to do what he did. Did CR react to something that MT did, that one of his buddies said or did or something he read about online or watched in a YT video? It matters. We need to know and understand those whys and hows.

That does not mean I am excusing his actions. That does not mean I agree with what he did. That does not mean I blame the victim for what he did.

If you don't like my posts, that's fine, move on, but don't impart meanings to my posts that have no basis in context of my intent.

So please... refrain from categorizing my posts as any of that.

Good points, I know exactly what you mean. To my way of thinking, CR doesn’t know me and I don’t know him so it’s a waste of my emotional energy to invest to try to get too deep inside his head. Especially when it’d obviously involves negative energy. I save that for situations which I’m directly involved in but try to avoid as much as possible.

It’s somewhat ironic that people who view tragedies such as this in an objective manner face allegations of sympathy toward the perp. That’s totally untrue because sympathy is an example of an emotional reaction.

Are there really more hormones in the water supply? I've always said that the reason people are so weird ( where I live) is that there must be something in the water.

They are even finding measurable levels of antidepressants and other pharmaceuticals in fish because of clean, treated water discharge from sewerage treatment plants. If you flush it, it has to wind up somewhere. And yes, there are even observed sex changes in aquatic species from birth control hormones in the water.

One must live in an parallel universe to posit that nice, hard-working farm-hands cruise the streets looking to hook up.

It's like assuming the growling dog is just begging for a treat. o_O

However at some point, you know something is not right. Women have a sixth sense if they listen to it. If you report someone there is no guarantee that they will leave you alone, my didn't. Plus you have to have proof, everybody has rights. Also often you are told you invited it, your wearing revealing clothes, you smiled at him, why didn't you tell sooner, people don't like this type of claims, why are you walking alone, etc. etc. Also you have to worry about retaliation. If your husband or boyfriend or dad or brother beats the crap out of them then they can have charges brought aginst them.
It never hurts to report an incident that makes you uneasy or uncomfortable so that it is at least on file with the police department should something happen in the future. Start the paper trail.

CR committed a crime that ensures he won't be deported. If he had assaulted Mollie and left it at that, he would be sent to prison and then deported. There are Mexican gangs targeting and killing people who have been deported from the U.S. including a DACA young man in Des Moines deported the month prior to Mollie's murder. He was murdered in Mexico two weeks later. I don't pretend to know what was going on in CR's head but it wouldn't surprise me if he truly did panic.
I don’t buy the panic over fear of deportation theory. You don’t follow a woman in your car, approach her, and then kidnap her and stab her to death. I absolutely believe this was sexual, and that a sexual assault occurred. He wasn’t looking for a date, he was looking for sexual gratification. Time will tell, but I think it’s far more likely that the latter is true, than true panic over being sent back to Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB