Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange that this guy would work so hard on a trial knowing what he did was wrong... You would think he would want to be an honorable human being, and plead guilty to his crime, just as fast as he decided to commit it.
Unfortunately I don't think it's strange that CR won't plead. We all would love for that to be the case, to see the Tibbetts family and Mollie's loved ones spared the emotional and heartbreaking details, but CR in his statement to LE that he "blocked out" during the actual assault shows he was already distancing himself from the responsibility of the crime even as he led them to her remains. IMO

He'll probably sit in court, enjoy getting out of a cell for the day(s), seeing his family from afar and putting off as much time as possible until he hits prison and is on lock down 23/7.
CR will sit there stoically and take it all in without showing an ounce of remorse or emotion because I don't think he has any. Again, this is just my prediction.

Centerville man now missing for one year
Tuesday, Jan. 22 marked the one year anniversary of the day that Ty went missing after going to work in Lineville, Missouri. Now his family is working with Mollie’s Movement: Finding Others to keep his story in the public eye.

Mollie’s Movement was created when Mollie Tibbetts from Brooklyn, Iowa disappeared last year. The volunteers who worked to help bring her home wanted to continue helping other families looking for missing persons. With the blessing of Mollie’s family, they have begun to branch out and one of the first cases they chose to work on was Ty’s.

“They’ve been great,” said Iesha Husted, Ty’s sister. “The lady who runs it and the people that work for her are super nice and you can tell that they care about what they’re doing.”

Centerville man now missing for one year
Tuesday, Jan. 22 marked the one year anniversary of the day that Ty went missing after going to work in Lineville, Missouri. Now his family is working with Mollie’s Movement: Finding Others to keep his story in the public eye.

Mollie’s Movement was created when Mollie Tibbetts from Brooklyn, Iowa disappeared last year. The volunteers who worked to help bring her home wanted to continue helping other families looking for missing persons. With the blessing of Mollie’s family, they have begun to branch out and one of the first cases they chose to work on was Ty’s.

“They’ve been great,” said Iesha Husted, Ty’s sister. “The lady who runs it and the people that work for her are super nice and you can tell that they care about what they’re doing.”
What a great legacy in Mollie's name. Good people doing good things for others!

I wonder how many people will be summoned for jury duty. That’s going to be an interesting voir dire process. Everybody’s heard something about this case.
You’d be surprised, at least I am. I live in a neighboring county and often discuss developments over lunch with coworkers - I’m truly shocked at how many people do not recall the name Mollie Tibbetts and remember absolutely nothing about the case.

It might be a challenge to round up untainted jurors in Poweshiek County, but I don’t think they’ll have much trouble if they get a change of venue. It might be a bigger challenge finding jurors that aren’t biased one way or the other about undocumented immigrants.

Explosion levels home of man wrongly linked to Tibbetts case
WC Home Explosion.jpg
A farmer was taken to a hospital Thursday after a suspected gas explosion leveled his home in rural Poweshiek County, authorities said.

Cheney was falsely linked to University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance and murder. Investigators performed searches around Poweshiek County, including Cheney's farm, but they found nothing related to the case.

Poweshiek County Sheriff Tom Kriegel said Cheney was sent to an Iowa City hospital with burns and was conscious when first responders reached him. He is expected to survive.

Kriegel said Cheney told firefighters he was trying to light a space heater when the home exploded. Investigators believe gas had filled the house.

The incident remains under investigation.

Advertisement
Cheney was falsely linked to University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance and murder. Investigators performed searches around Poweshiek County, including Cheney's farm, but they found nothing related to the case.

Video and 19 photos
Man falsely connected to Mollie Tibbetts disappearance injured when explosion levels home
WC Home Explosion 2.jpg
The Poweshiek County farmer whose name gained notoriety during the search for Mollie Tibbetts was injured Thursday morning when a suspected gas explosion leveled his home.

Firefighters responded to the explosion at 9:45 a.m. on the 70-acre farm of Wayne Cheney, who was interviewed by the FBI and said he took a polygraph exam during the weekslong search for Tibbetts.

Social media chatter gave prominence to the FBI's search of Cheney's property and his repeated interactions with authorities, but investigators never named him as a suspect or a person of interest in the case. Cheney's farm sits about 13 miles to the southeast of Brooklyn, Tibbetts' hometown.

Cheney repeatedly denied ever meeting Tibbetts or her family.

Trial reset to September for man charged with fatally stabbing Mollie Tibbetts
A judge last week reset the trial for the man accused of fatally stabbing Mollie Tibbetts to Sept. 3 in Poweshiek County District Court.

Cristhian Bahena Rivera, 24, is charged with first-degree murder. His attorneys asked for a continuance in January, saying they hadn’t received all the discovery or evidence from the prosecution and needed more time to consult experts.

Assistant Attorney General Scott Brown, in a motion, said the prosecution didn’t resist resetting the trial. The material in discovery is “voluminous,” and there may be additional evidence provided to the defense as the case moves forward, he added.

Brown said the trial is expected to last six to eight days.

Trial reset to September for man charged with fatally stabbing Mollie Tibbetts
A judge last week reset the trial for the man accused of fatally stabbing Mollie Tibbetts to Sept. 3 in Poweshiek County District Court.

Cristhian Bahena Rivera, 24, is charged with first-degree murder. His attorneys asked for a continuance in January, saying they hadn’t received all the discovery or evidence from the prosecution and needed more time to consult experts.

Assistant Attorney General Scott Brown, in a motion, said the prosecution didn’t resist resetting the trial. The material in discovery is “voluminous,” and there may be additional evidence provided to the defense as the case moves forward, he added.

Brown said the trial is expected to last six to eight days.
Not surprising again, but disappointing. Curious that they are predicting 6-8 day trial.....

Not surprising again, but disappointing. Curious that they are predicting 6-8 day trial.....
I can’t imagine what could possibly take 6-8 days. Surely not establishing that he did it? I guess I expect arguing between First and Second Degree to be the main event, maybe that’s what is projected to take so long?

I can’t imagine what could possibly take 6-8 days. Surely not establishing that he did it? I guess I expect arguing between First and Second Degree to be the main event, maybe that’s what is projected to take so long?
I imagine a lot of video, forensics, and teaching about the fitbit information/tracking.

I thought only 6-8 days scheduled for the trial was quite brief considering material in discovery was said to be “voluminous”. But perhaps their definition of voluminous is only typical to what a guilty verdict requires.

Oh this makes me want to *gag*. CR is lucky to be afforded a trial considering his illegal immigration status, but these great United States take our criminal justice system process reverently.

CR will be tried in a venue by a jury of his peers as decided by the Judge and his lawyers during the jury selection process. Please CR shut your mouth and spare the real innocent victims, Mollie and her family, of further emotional duress and turmoil.

What rights did CR afford Dear Mollie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member