Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they believe him? If they don't believe him do they still have to defend him? If they know for a fact that his story isn't true, are they allowed to let him testify to it? I just really can't believe anyone believes that story without there actually being 2 men that had a motive to do this that would randomly pick him to be the scapegoat and not a single other person can say they saw 2 strange men on the road walking, at his house, after the fact on the road, nothing.

I don't think they believe them. There is honestly not much worse than learning your client had a dead body in the trunk of their car. The issue is the burden is on the state to prove guilt on all counts beyond a reasonable doubt using admissible evidence. Sometimes in cases even when it is "obvious" who did it, the state may not have the evidence to prove it sufficiently to take the defendants life and liberty away. It is a high bar that protects all of us from spurious prosecutions.

So sure he has a right to have someone appear on his behalf and challenge the state. But I personally do not think that includes coming up with alternative theories that you state as fact for a jury. I don't think that is part of the job.

Courtney Crowder on Twitter
DCI, Homeland Security, FBI, all these people were in town, Frese said, and they had nothing. "Imagine the pressure to close this case." "That's the context in which this arrest and this charge happened."
11:10 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

"Some of the investigation was sloppy, but it really got sloppy when Cristhian Bahena Rivera was targeted."
11:10 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

They agree that CBR was in the Malibu and that the car was on the security footage near/around Mollie. They agree that Mollie's blood was in the trunk. Tho they point out that others' blood is in the trunk, too.
11:12 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Says within days, local law enforcement, federal agencies, Homeland Security, national news orgs, etc. was in Brooklyn, Iowa "a town of 1,400 people." "It was a circus," Frese says. "For a missing 20-year-old jogger. And we didn't even know if she was dead yet...

So is Frese saying she didnt deserve all that attention?

Says within days, local law enforcement, federal agencies, Homeland Security, national news orgs, etc. was in Brooklyn, Iowa "a town of 1,400 people." "It was a circus," Frese says. "For a missing 20-year-old jogger. And we didn't even know if she was dead yet...

So is Frese saying she didnt deserve all that attention?

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese calls the finding of the surveillance video "was good police work." Says they won't deny that's CBR's car and that's him in the video. But says prosecution didn't mention that blood found in CBR's car had a mixture of DNA.

** I want to add here that a mixture of DNA in that blood stain DOES NOT MEAN a mixture of blood. I've seen that confused in a few online comments. It just means that the major contributor was Mollie and they believe it's her blood, but that other DNA was present.
11:13 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

"A loaded pistol in the little hanging cabinet on the wall with several knives, hunting-style knives. Bet you if they would've looked, they would've found one w/camouflage handle. But they didn't bother to look."
11:14 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese brings up picture of Cristhian Bahena Rivera at 17 w/his cousins. Says Mollie deserves justice but so does Bahena Rivera.
11:06 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

"Mollie Tibbetts deserves justice, so too does Cristhian Bahena," Frese says.
11:06 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Frese mentions that since July 2018 we've lived through a pandemic, tornadoes, derechos.
11:07 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brooklyn, Iowa, was a "circus" after Mollie disappears, he says.
11:08 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App
If emotions aren't to be in the delib room, why the pictures of Rivera and cousins etc...? Ugh...

Frese is talking about the media attention there was when #MollieTibbetts went missing. "Imagine the pressure to close this case. Imagine the pressure to put this case to bed.” Says Bahena Rivera was "targeted" and the investigation was "sloppy."
@KCRG

He was targeted? Was that because his Malibu was on video circling her 6 times?

Is he suggesting they should have tested all knives in town for blood? A knife with a cammo handle might have been in Dalton’s house. Notice he said they might have found one. Why would they look for such a specific knife? Dalton was already cleared by that time.

What is missing? We don't have a murder weapon. They are pointing out that the Jack house had hunting style knives and a loaded gun. "If they looked they may have found one with a camouflage handle." <-- CBR said this at yesterday.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese brings up homes and traffic on 385th St. where it's believed Mollie was killed. Says a lot of blood wasn't found there. "Oh I forgot - it rained. [...] They have an excuse for every piece of evidence they don't have."
11:15 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

"They'll find an excuse for everything. That's not Mr. Bahena's problem. [...] They had resources from the federal government. They had a drone up in the air. [...] They had unlimited resources." "And they can't even tell you where she was killed."
11:17 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese calls the finding of the surveillance video "was good police work." Says they won't deny that's CBR's car and that's him in the video. But says prosecution didn't mention that blood found in CBR's car had a mixture of DNA.

** I want to add here that a mixture of DNA in that blood stain DOES NOT MEAN a mixture of blood. I've seen that confused in a few online comments. It just means that the major contributor was Mollie and they believe it's her blood, but that other DNA was present.
11:13 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

"A loaded pistol in the little hanging cabinet on the wall with several knives, hunting-style knives. Bet you if they would've looked, they would've found one w/camouflage handle. But they didn't bother to look."

"I just want to point out it was NOT just the victims blood in my client's car. He also had blood from plenty of other victims back there too." Great lol

He says that we dont have a primary crime scene - was it the side of the road where she was running or was it in the cornfield.
11:16 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Also says where is all the blood? She was stabbed so violently that there should be blood all over.
11:16 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

"No evidence came off that stand as to where she was killed."
11:17 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

There are no eyewitnesses. None.
11:18 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Is he suggesting they should have tested all knives in town for blood? A knife with a cammo handle might have been in Dalton’s house. Notice he said they might have found one. Why would they look for such a specific knife? Dalton was already cleared by that time.
Well. We are screwed. We own not one, not two but THREE different knives with cammo handles.

I'm off to go turn myself in.

Chad attacking the motive: "This man, right here, 5'7" 120 pound illegal immigrant, undocumented immigrant, gets angry at Mollie Tibbetts...and resorts to killing her."
11:19 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

"The only evidence we do have about Cristhian is that he is not an angry man, that he is not violent."
11:19 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

That is true. Court TV at one point talked about witness(es) that the state had who were going to talk about CBR's anger. We never got those witnesses.
11:20 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

"The concept that he got angry, killed a woman who he had just met deifies any logic."
11:20 AM · May 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member