Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a case full of profoundly strange circumstances, the strangest of all to me is that seemingly everybody knew that Mollie was expected to be at work early that morning, but somehow nobody seems to know how she was supposed to get there.

THIS! agree completely.

add to that the coincidence (or not) that all three residents had overnight jobs of some sort which no stranger could predict when those began & ended...given that the BF was only two hours away and the brothers were only one hour away in ames. that's why i'm leaning towards inside info and if a perp is involved, it's someone she or one in her circle clearly know.

when i'm in a sports bra and a friend (or stranger) walks into the house, i grab a shirt to go over it. maybe this happened and why the red one's missing...

No-No! NG is saying she was jogging through the corn field in-between the rows of corn! No one is correcting her...
New Video Shows Killed Jogger on Day She Went Missing

SBM: WTH with that headline?????? Killed? Ummm... I hate Nancy Grace.

ETA: I'm sorry - I did not click the NG link (for obvious reasons) but it is apparently about Karina Vetrano's case, not Mollie's. Sorry for this confusion.

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere here, maybe a few pages back that the the POLICE had dogs out? Does anyone know if they were scent dogs or cadaver dogs? They are 2 different types of trained work dogs.... any word on what/if they picked up any smells?

Hoping this nightmare comes to a close soon for this family/community.
There was a photo of a dog at the beginning of all this on the 20th. My guess would be tracking that early on, but I don't know that for sure.

No-No! NG is saying she was jogging through the corn field in-between the rows of corn! No one is correcting her. She talked about a corn maze she was at with her twins, the place was closing and she was still inside.

She has Phil Vetrano on as a guest. His daughter Karina was murdered while jogging in Queens, NY. (2016) She is discussing facts of this case with Phil.

New Video Shows Killed Jogger on Day She Went Missing
Based on the mess she created and rumors she spread in the Lucas Hernandez case, I don’t listen to her bs anymore.

In my opinion, NG is no longer a reliable source.

sorry carbuff didn't see your post before i posted the same.

That's because it wasn't there. We were posting at the same time :D (Busy thread).

I was wondering also if she had a small hydration pack with her, those often have a small pouch where she could have stuffed a shirt if she wasn't planning to go straight home for some reason. I do that sometimes when I need to stop at the convenience store.

Newbie here and following. I have a teenage daughter and this bothered me from that last article linked:

Morning: Jack sent Tibbetts a message, but he said he didn't notice it went unread.

My daughter ALWAYS notices if her message to her boyfriend goes unread.

Also, no one mentions whether the contacts are disposables or not. Could she have put on a new pair and left the old one in the case. Mine are one month wear. Sometimes I put a new pair in and leave the old ones sitting in the solution by mistake. Just some thoughts.

I kept wondering about this too but then considered..
It could well be that maybe only her Mom and/or boyfriend (or whoever) knew.. and they are keeping it quiet to see if someone else might reveal this information somewhere. That could easily lead to a person of interest.

Right, but if mom/boyfriend/whoever knew about it, whoever was supposed to transport should immediately be considered a person of interest, without information being revealed elsewhere, until proven otherwise.

I haven't seen anyone saying "I went to pick Mollie up at 5:30am and it was so weird she wasn't there". So, as you said, I can only hope that this has already been determined and cops are doing their due diligence on whoever that person was.

Do I remember correctly that her brother attempted to contact her to see if she needed the car that morning? If so, what was her response (if any?)

Could she have been planning on biking to work? That's the ONLY thing I can think of that wouldn't require transportation, and if that's the case it would obviously be known if her bike (whatever bike she'd be using) was still at the house, which would narrow down the disappearance timeline a lot.

I think it would be interesting to see what mollie and her bf’s daily habit of contacting each other was. If their normal routine was to Snapchat and text each other all day long and then thursday was radio silent that should have concerned her bf. We know he had his phone on him that day and could answer it because he answered the phone for the person who called him and told him mollie didn’t show up for work.

Thanks.
it also says she "disappeared on Wednesday. Search crews began searching for her on Thursday and on Friday the search efforts focused on the fields between her house and where she was staying when she disappeared"
IIRC it hasn't been determined that she "disappeared" Wednesday night or early Thursday?

Honestly I think focusing search efforts here is because there’s just not a whole lot of places in this town to search. 20 minutes to walk between these two houses, probably less if you cut across the fields. Doesn’t make sense to look elsewhere until they’re sure she’s not somewhere in the area and specifically between these two locations.

Newbie here and following. I have a teenage daughter and this bothered me from that last article linked:

Morning: Jack sent Tibbetts a message, but he said he didn't notice it went unread.

My daughter ALWAYS notices if her message to her boyfriend goes unread.

Also, no one mentions whether the contacts are disposables or not. Could she have put on a new pair and left the old one in the case. Mine are one month wear. Sometimes I put a new pair in and leave the old ones sitting in the solution by mistake. Just some thoughts.
Welcome!!!!!

Though volunteer searchers were asked to stand down over the weekend, Mortvedt said investigators are continuing to search and re-search areas in and around Brooklyn.

Moreover, Mortvedt said investigators are “fielding any leads that come in from the public, as well as reviewing leads and intelligence already gathered during the course of the investigation.”
State and federal investigators join in search for Mollie Tibbetts

I'm happy to hear them say they are searching!! But still no pressor? I'm peeking in while at work, so I can sort of stay caught up!

I haven't seen anyone saying "I went to pick Mollie up at 5:30am and it was so weird she wasn't there". So, as you said, I can only hope that this has already been determined and cops are doing their due diligence on whoever that person was.

Do I remember correctly that her brother attempted to contact her to see if she needed the car that morning? If so, what was her response (if any?)

RSBM. if she and her brother share the car, I could see it being as simple as him forgetting that she needed it that day, realizing it later and figuring that she probably grabbed a ride from someone else otherwise he would have heard from her but still calling to double-check. If I remember correctly, he tried calling but she did not answer.

regarding what she was wearing. I can see there being some confusion about the red shirt because she could have tossed it in a bag, left it at work, it could be at her house but parents missed it, etc.

it should be a little easier to figure out if she returned from the jog or not. If she did, her running clothes should be in a hamper, in a pile on the floor somewhere or wherever she put her dirty clothes when she stayed at her boyfriend's house. It's not like it is her own house where she is likely to have a lot more close to sort through, if that makes sense.

The lack of information on some of the little details (did she return from the run??) makes me think that the police know a heck of a lot more than what they are letting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15