Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blake Bernstein’s case. They called off the search and also the same thing happened with the Facebook page.
It's interesting that you mentioned Blaze's case because it has many similarities. He was abducted and killed by someone with whom he went to high school.

Bernstein's parents reported him missing Jan. 3 after he missed a dental appointment and they found his wallet and eyeglasses in his room. He had been visiting his parents in Lake Forest on winter break from the University of Pennsylvania.
Newport Beach man charged in stabbing death of Blaze Bernstein described as quiet, serious and 'violent'

It's interesting that you mentioned Blaze's case because it has many similarities. He was abducted and killed by someone with whom he went to high school.

Bernstein's parents reported him missing Jan. 3 after he missed a dental appointment and they found his wallet and eyeglasses in his room. He had been visiting his parents in Lake Forest on winter break from the University of Pennsylvania.
Newport Beach man charged in stabbing death of Blaze Bernstein described as quiet, serious and 'violent'

Very similar indeed. Praying for her safe return

If her disappearance occurred that morning...
I’m assuming she had to take dogs out in morning. Possibly she saw someone that she was familiar with since she likely has been at the boyfriends many times before. Somehow seeing or knowing she didn’t have her car, this person offered her a ride to work and she accepted. Then things didn’t go as she expected.

Praying for this poor girl. The longer time goes by I feel like LE knows more than they are letting on. Big question from me is about the dogs?? Were they with her running? If so, and they were in the house then she didn’t disappear running. Were the dogs found hungry and soiled? This would help establish when they were last fed and walked.
If she shows up 6 weeks later on the side road near a church with a story about 2 Hispanic ladies... I swear!

This case reminds me of Sierra Joughin.

Was Mollie dog sitting at a house or apartment? Do we have an address? I'm trying to catch up on the details. Did I see that she wears glasses/contacts and that they were found in the home? Cell phone, is it missing with her?

This case reminds me of Sierra Joughin.

Was Mollie dog sitting at a house or apartment? Do we have an address? I'm trying to catch up on the details. Did I see that she wears glasses/contacts and that they were found in the home? Cell phone, is it missing with her?
She does wear glasses/contacts-found in home and yes cellphone is with her

I can't seem to stop thinking about her today, I agree that LE knows more. I want to think of cases like N. Francisco, but w o her contacts and glasses? I end up at an Abduction. Because it's the brothers house, all his friends should be inside the net of this investigation. All of the girlfriend/wife's friends as well. I wonder what they found on her devices.
Yes. I think that is where LE is probably looking. The timing of calling off searches coincides with law enforcement obtaining warrants/subpoenas for her social media accounts/e-mail and forensically processing her laptop.

I feel like law enforcement are waiting for someone to make a move that is involved. If they thought it was a random abduction they would have released a statement of what they know already. These are just my thoughts...

Interesting, this really sticks out to me - from the article:

“Everything’s on the table, unfortunately,” Poweshiek County Sheriff Thomas Kriegel told KCCI-TV on July 21. “We’re hoping that she’s somewhere with a friend and she’ll show up Monday or Tuesday and everything will get back to normal.”

Maybe he is thinking she was just gone for the weekend? Anyways, this statement was haunting to me. She doesn't seem the type to take off for a long weekend without telling anyone and blowing off work, so why Monday or Tuesday?

I've followed a few cases where people think being out of town is a good alibi. They usually don't get away with that. Easy to figure out with math and time and retracing routes, etc.

“Everything’s on the table, unfortunately,” Poweshiek County Sheriff Thomas Kriegel told KCCI-TV on July 21. “We’re hoping that she’s somewhere with a friend and she’ll show up Monday or Tuesday and everything will get back to normal.”

Maybe he is thinking she was just gone for the weekend? Anyways, this statement was haunting to me. She doesn't seem the type to take off for a long weekend without telling anyone and blowing off work, so why Monday or Tuesday?

I missed this statement. Yes. Very strange. With friends??

I don't think the boyfriend is acting weird at all. He's just directly providing information to the public, straight forward as can be, and is likely also in shock and desperately trying not to even consider the worst case scenario for the woman he loves. You never know how you'll act until you're IN the situation. Everyone reacts outwardly to their internal emotions differently.
Exactly! When it’s a loved one, you always have hope in your heart that they are fine and everything is ok.

I've followed a few cases where people think being out of town is a good alibi. They usually don't get away with that. Easy to figure out with math and time and retracing routes, etc.

I think this scenario is extremely unlikely from what Mollie’s loved ones and friends are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo