IA - Shooting at Cedar Rapids bar leaves 2 dead, 10+ injured, Apr 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

airportwoman

Reaction score
Wow- thanks for posting. I'm in Iowa City, and it feels unreal to see this stuff in this area- scary. I agree that all the crazy storms and flooding have done a number on us; I sure hope this kind of thing doesn't continue.

Whoa, I've been across the street at The Map Room!

Yes, this is unusual for Cedar Rapids. My grandparents lived there back in the day.

jmho ymmv lrr

Wow- thanks for posting. I'm in Iowa City, and it feels unreal to see this stuff in this area- scary. I agree that all the crazy storms and flooding have done a number on us; I sure hope this kind of thing doesn't continue.

I was a student in Iowa City in 1993, and THAT was no picnic either. I grew up in Des Moines, and THEY lost their water for 12 days. It was not a fun time.

And there were parts of Cedar Rapids that nobody EVER thought would flood, because the river crested 12 feet higher than it had ever been known to do.

I was a student in Iowa City in 1993, and THAT was no picnic either. I grew up in Des Moines, and THEY lost their water for 12 days. It was not a fun time.

And there were parts of Cedar Rapids that nobody EVER thought would flood, because the river crested 12 feet higher than it had ever been known to do.

Oh, yeah, 1993! An entire museum was moved from campus to the Quad Cities.

A marker in our lives that the youngsters will never truly understand. That flood really pushed riparian science ahead, and now the Missouri/Mississippi system has restored marshes & wetlands along the length of the watercourse.

During that flood, the river near Marshall, Missouri was 7 miles wide. 7 miles wide!

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother
Back