Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to be bumping this case..been following and very concerned for this young boy, but there is a case of a missing 15 yr. old girl out of Davenport, IA, I'm concerned about and I don't know how to post a link (gotta learn that). If you go to Davenport IA police department facebook page the info is there. So concerned about this young teen :eek:. Again, sorry to post in this thread; I'm in no way trying to make light of Xavior..pray for his safe return.

I'm sorry to be bumping this case..been following and very concerned for this young boy, but there is a case of a missing 15 yr. old girl out of Davenport, IA, I'm concerned about and I don't know how to post a link (gotta learn that). If you go to Davenport IA police department facebook page the info is there. So concerned about this young teen :eek:. Again, sorry to post in this thread; I'm in no way trying to make light of Xavior..pray for his safe return.
Alivia Beeding? I will start a thread

MAY 29, 2021
Search expands for missing Iowa boy (kcci.com)
About 100 law enforcement officials arrived in Montezuma Saturday, and the search for missing 10-year-old Xavior Harrelson intensified, both on the ground and in the air.

The FBI worked alongside state and local law enforcement, searching around Spruce Village Mobile Home Park where the boy was last seen Thursday to nearby Diamond Lake County Park.

Officers used all-terrain vehicles and a drone as the search area expanded, but officials did not disclose any new information about the nature of the boy's disappearance.

[...]

MAY 30, 2021
Xavior Harrelson: Public search Sunday in Montezuma for missing 10-year-old boy (press-citizen.com)
[...]

DCI Assistant Director Mitch Mortvedt said areas around the family's home would be searched Sunday. About 375 volunteers and 125 law enforcement officers and first responders gathered at the school around 9 a.m. Sunday and were being bussed to the search locations.

65de88f2-c3b1-4efb-84e4-239842e8e45a-search_01.jpg

Hundreds join search for Xavior Harrelson Sunday | Local News | oskaloosa.com
[...]

The search area has expanded from a half-mile from Harrelson's home to a one-mile radius on Sunday. Law enforcement spent the first three days of their investigation searching areas around town as well as Diamond Lake.

Investigators have located “nothing of value” so far in their search efforts which led them to expand the search area, said Mitch Mortvedt, the assistant director of the Iowa DCI.

“We’re going to systematically search in a grid pattern with all of these volunteers,” Mortvedt said.

[...]

Mortvedt said law enforcement is limited to information it can release, but he told media on Sunday the law enforcement don't have "solid information" whether Harrelson left his home on a bike. He said there are not currently any persons of interest in the disappearance.

[...]

Search continues for Xavior Harrelson, missing since Thursday (video at link)

[...]

“We’re going through ditches and timber and the park area, we also felt we should check the lake as well,” said Mitch Mortvedt, Assistant Director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

Mortvedt said the park is close to Harrelson’s home and a place he might come to play. But the search now moves on to day three after not being able to find him.

[...]

More than 350 volunteers and 125 officers are mobilized in the search for missing 10-year old boy

[...]

Iowa DIC Assistant Director, Mitch Mortvedt, says they are holding out hope of finding Harrelson alive.

"We're holding out hope, but we have nothing to indicate anything other than that, you know, we're letting the information that we're getting lead us in the investigation. So yes, we're certainly hoping," Director Mortvedt said.

[...]

Today is Xavior's 11th birthday.

Xavior is considered endangered because of his age. As of now, investigators said they do not think an abduction is at play and the situation does not fit the criteria for an amber alert to be sent.

“Amber alert is meant more for criminal abduction. We just don't have information one way or another that fits in the criteria of amber alert at this point,' said [Assistant director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, Mitch] Mortvedt.

On Sunday, the radius was expanded to a mile and the Poweshiek County Sheriff's office called out for help from the community.

[...]

Over 370 volunteers continue the search for Xavior Harrelson in Montezuma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads