Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am following both cases. And while I cannot argue whether or not JL is involved with Xavior’s disappearance because he may be involved, but I 100% do not think he has anything to do with Mollie. And if JL is involved with Xavior’s disappearance, I would hope someone is trying to get a gag order against these two brainiacs!
THIS^^^^...Thank You. Well said!

You know, we have nothing to indicate, at this time, that there was anything to do with human trafficking in Xavior's disappearance," Mortvedt said.

“The vast majority of them are runaway situations and are often returned or come back home with just a matter of a few hours," said Mortvedt. "Usually within the same day.”

However, Harrelson is not believed to be a runaway.

“At this point, I would say no," Mortvedt said. "Again, we are open to any and all possibilities, but being gone this long, probably not.”
--------------------------

So, we are looking at probably not trafficking or runaway. Thats a start.

I am totally open to the possibility that James Lowe is involved in X's disappearance. There is a connection because he had been dating X's mother.

But the other part of the 'new evidence' ---claiming he was responsible for Mollie's death is absolutely false info. So it makes me less confident in the overall story as well.
The good news is that investigators know exactly where he is and he was taken into custody very shortly after XH was reported missing. If he knows anything, I hope he talks very soon!

He has a lot of loose ends he'll be tying up for a while. A month after he got the 1/27/2020 pretrial release on the burglary/controlled substance charge, he got a 5th degree theft complaint through the Grinnell Police Dept.

They didn't have an address for him, so they issued a warrant on 7/08/2020. They had already issued one for the burglary charge on 4/21/2020.

He was caught with drug paraphernalia in Iowa Co on 5/29/2021; he paid his fine and was gone.

They finally served the warrants a whole year later on 6/11/2021. It appears he plea bargained the burglary case down to 3 years probation on 6/28, to be served in community corrections, which he evidently walked away from and got the gun charge on July 8, 2021.

So, he'll have Violation of Probation to deal with on the first case, the second one is just beginning and who knows what will happen with the gun charge.

You know, we have nothing to indicate, at this time, that there was anything to do with human trafficking in Xavior's disappearance," Mortvedt said.

“The vast majority of them are runaway situations and are often returned or come back home with just a matter of a few hours," said Mortvedt. "Usually within the same day.”

However, Harrelson is not believed to be a runaway.

“At this point, I would say no," Mortvedt said. "Again, we are open to any and all possibilities, but being gone this long, probably not.”
--------------------------

So, we are looking at probably not trafficking or runaway. Thats a start.
What the heck? He did not run away! He was most likely taken ..whether trafficking or some other nefarious reason he is gone! Someone he trusted snatched him! Up the reward money and get someone to talk! Bring him home!

JUL 21, 2021
Investigators: no connection between Mollie Tibbetts murder, Xavior Harrelson’s disappearance (kcrg.com)
[...]

Mortvedt said the only thing in common between the two cases is that both victims lived in Poweshiek County.

“That’s the only thing that we have come up with at this point,” Mortvedt said. “You know, we have nothing to indicate, at this time, that there was anything to do with human trafficking in Xavior’s disappearance.”

[...]

Mortvedt said the DCI does not want to jump to conclusions on whether Harrelson is alive. But he says the investigation remains very active.

[...]

In all the Indiana cases I've followed, no one has ever been caught with a sawed-off shotgun. I wonder what JL's intentions were to make it worth the price to pay if he got caught.

Anyone who unlawfully makes, transfers or possesses a short-barreled shotgun or short-barreled rifle without legal authority is guilty of a felony punishable by a fine up to $10,000.00, or up to 10 years in federal prison, or both. 26 U.S.C.

Investigators say there is no link between Mollie Tibbetts' murder and the disappearance of boy, 11 | Daily Mail Online

"Investigators have said there is no connection between Mollie Tibbetts' murder and the disappearance of an 11-year-old boy, after the convicted killer's defense claimed the child's mom's ex-boyfriend could be tied to her 2018 stabbing.

Xavior Harrelson, 11, disappeared on May 27 from his home at a trailer park in Montezuma, Poweshiek County - the same rural Iowa county where Tibbetts was abducted and killed while out for a run back on July 2018.

Assistant Director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation Mitch Mortvedt on Wednesday denied there is any evidence linking the two cases and said investigators do not have any reason to believe Harrelson may have been sex trafficked.

Mortvedt said the only similarity is that both victims lived in Poweshiek County.

'That's the only thing that we have come up with at this point,' Mortvedt told KCRG.

'You know, we have nothing to indicate, at this time, that there was anything to do with human trafficking in Xavior's disappearance.'

Mortvedt said investigators are keeping an open mind regarding their search for the missing boy and do not want to jump to any conclusions on whether or not he is alive.

He said the investigation is still very much active."

JUL 22, 2021
Xavior’s mother puts out plea ahead of vigil (kyoutv.com)

UIZTF4OVHZGTTPACPMPYYNJ3A4.jpg

SH, Xavior’s mother, is putting out a plea to help bring her son home. She said in a statement to KYOU, “I just want everyone to keep looking for Xavior. Thank you to everyone who has been involved this far. Please attend the prayer vigil to help bring him home.”

[...]

The reward fund currently sits at $34,268.06.

The reward fund needs serious expansion! I will contribute but it has to be made easier! The current process thru pay pal or check is not effective? Maybe a go fund me reward fund for his safe return? Not to his dad or mom but to his safe recovery?make it easier to contribute?I don’t have a PayPal account so don’t know how to help.

The reward fund needs serious expansion! I will contribute but it has to be made easier! The current process thru pay pal or check is not effective? Maybe a go fund me reward fund for his safe return? Not to his dad or mom but to his safe recovery?make it easier to contribute?I don’t have a PayPal account so don’t know how to help.

Donations to the reward fund can be made by contacting Montezuma State Bank at 641-623-5766.

I'm personally in favor of rewards for information on missing residents from small-towns such as Monte held at the local, hometown bank.

Unlike a third party such as GF, etc., there are no service or transaction fees charged and 100% of your donation typically goes to the reward fund. I believe they did the same for Mollie Tibbetts reward (reached nearly $400k) and the money raised was refunded or directed to other worthy programs in town.

After two months, it's doubtful that any reward will lead to the safe recovery of Xavior but rewards are most effective to keep the story in the news. Statistically, it's actually very rare for rewards to be claimed/paid.

Do Cash Rewards For Crime Tips Work?
Xavior Harrelson reward fund surpasses $22,000

JUL 22, 2021
Xavior’s mother puts out plea ahead of vigil (kyoutv.com)

UIZTF4OVHZGTTPACPMPYYNJ3A4.jpg

SH, Xavior’s mother, is putting out a plea to help bring her son home. She said in a statement to KYOU, “I just want everyone to keep looking for Xavior. Thank you to everyone who has been involved this far. Please attend the prayer vigil to help bring him home.”

[...]

The reward fund currently sits at $34,268.06.
Such a sweet picture of Xavior.

What the heck? He did not run away! He was most likely taken ..whether trafficking or some other nefarious reason he is gone! Someone he trusted snatched him! Up the reward money and get someone to talk! Bring him home!

I didn't read this response as the director suggesting Xavior had run away, instead he's saying that most victims of trafficking - which they do not believe Xavior is - begin as runaways.

The intersection between running away and then falling into either sexual exploitation or labor trafficking is well-documented: The Overlap of Human Trafficking and Runaway and Homeless Youth

He's actually contrasting the circumstances of Xavior's disappearance with the ones that tend to lead to trafficking.

And, not to be negative but I doubt that a larger reward will do much good in Xavior's case, since it hasn't led to any known movement in the case so far. I agree that someone needs to start talking but studies have shown that larger rewards do not make much of a difference in whether people report useful tips (larger rewards DO increase the number of useless tips, however): Do Cash Rewards For Crime Tips Work?

Barb Bergin, chairwoman of Crime Stoppers USA, says the prospect of higher rewards for cases that receive more publicity may increase the number of tips or calls. That doesn't necessarily mean those tips help solve the case or lead to higher rewards being paid out.

"Nationally we are seeing programs who are paying out as little as 15 to 20% of their available rewards," Bergin says.

What this tells me is that a person who knows real information is often motivated by fear (fear of angering the person they accuse; fear of losing friends, partners, or family; fear of being wrong; fear of their life changing in immeasurable ways) more than by any amount of money. And it also tells me that a person who is motivated to put their fear aside is likely to do what's right anyway, regardless of monetary amount. From the article: "Our studies showed that it was getting an award that mattered, not so much the exact award figure," Lurigio says.

I think LE needs to canvass the neighborhood again or at least go back to the information that they learned in the first week of the case. There may be someone who saw something important who hasn't yet realized the importance of what they observed or know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214