ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this what you're looking for?

Stinchfield said his professor allowed the students to argue for better grades at one point in the semester to get a "courtroom experience."

"He brought in Bryan, and he was like, 'alright, go at him,'" Stinchfield said. "And he had Bryan stand up. And a few people were on his side because they wanted to keep their high grades... but for the most part, it was like half of a 150-person class just asking these real critical questions."

Thank you.

Regarding court ordered gag put on case in the state of Idaho.....

Will reporters tweets be released via live steam daily as the trial commences? A little confused about the gag order and its duration.
Gag orders never apply to journalists, not in the United States. What will happen will be an order stipulating how reporters can cover the case from inside the courtroom. Sometimes they’re allowed to live tweet, and other times they have to tweet from outside the courtroom. Typically they can’t come back in until a break, so it’s inconvenient and leads to massive gaps in coverage.

Anyone know where I can find story of Bryan and his boss in front of all the students about grading problems. Please threads moving to fast. Thank you.
"The criminal justice PhD student worked as a teaching assistant at the Pullman campus of WSU, where he had a reputation as a tough grader.

“He’d be grading you on what he ended up calling a ‘higher standard,'” Stinchfield told the outlet. “But what it really felt like to us was he was grading us like he would have graded himself as a PhD student … We were all annoyed by him.”

He said his professor “brought in Bryan, and he was like, ‘All right, go at him.’ And he had Bryan stand up. And a few people were on his side because they wanted to keep their high grades … but for the most part, it was like half of a 150-person class just asking these real critical questions.

Stinchfield added: “It wasn’t like yelling or anything, but it was certainly conflict.”

But Kohberger’s demeanor took an abrupt turn and his appearance changed after the shocking murders, the student said.”
"

Bryan Kohberger ‘seemed preoccupied’ after Idaho murders: former student

Honestly, from all aspects - both efficiency and security - the way they're doing this makes no sense to me. MOO.
Perhaps they have more experience dealing with individuals who have murdered four people, moved interstate, and have every news media in the country and beyond scrutinizing them. Not to mention a possible vigilante who would love to kill the alleged murderer.

If they wanted to charter a jet, I imagine they'd have to go to an airport (on both ends) whose runway is long enough to accommodate a larger plane. It's possible that he would have to be transported out of JFK and into Boise with a larger plane, which adds a HUGE amount of security concern. This is the best option. JMO
I agree. It's boring for us to watch. I really don't care about him. LE gets paid. They've been at three small airports and that's the most secure for this type of transfer.

You don't just bring prisoners on public transportation if that's what you're suggesting. From a pure liability perspective, no commercial airplane is going to just accept him as a passenger.

Friends, this isn't the mastermind of an accounting fraud. This is someone accused of murdering 4 people with a knife at close range stabbing them all multiple times. He's not going to sit in the exit row chatting with grandma about his PhD thesis, complaining about babies crying on the plane.

I hate to break it to everyone, but law enforcement is not the most efficient group around and sometimes they just have to put an arrested allegedly violent and dangerous person on a dinky little plane that needs an occasional pitstop.

But they do. Here's something from Cornell Law School on how's it's laid out in the law.

Moscow suspect Bryan Kohberger changed title of Hyundai Elantra five days after murders​

According to a public records request, Kohberger transferred a Pennsylvania title to a Washington title on Nov. 18.

WHITMAN COUNTY, Wash. — Bryan C. Kohberger, a suspect in the murders of four University of Idaho students, changed his title of his white 2015 Hyundai Elantra five days after the stabbings took place.
According to a public records request filed by KTVB, Kohberger, 28, transferred the title of the Elantra from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, which was registered on April 20, 2022, to Whitman County, Washington, on Nov. 18, 2022. Registering a vehicle in another state requires new plates.

Very interesting! Parents signed it over to him???

Moscow suspect Bryan Kohberger changed title of Hyundai Elantra five days after murders​

According to a public records request, Kohberger transferred a Pennsylvania title to a Washington title on Nov. 18.

WHITMAN COUNTY, Wash. — Bryan C. Kohberger, a suspect in the murders of four University of Idaho students, changed his title of his white 2015 Hyundai Elantra five days after the stabbings took place.
According to a public records request filed by KTVB, Kohberger, 28, transferred the title of the Elantra from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, which was registered on April 20, 2022, to Whitman County, Washington, on Nov. 18, 2022. Registering a vehicle in another state requires new plates.

Why did he bother?

Honestly, from all aspects - both efficiency and security - the way they're doing this makes no sense to me. MOO.

I get where you are coming from, but not sure how it could be any quicker. A commercial flight would likely be Newark to Boise and takes about 8-10 hours (quick search on expedia), but then you have 2+ hours driving from PA to Newark and then 5+hours Boise to Moscow, so that's likely longer.

Flying in and out of the regional airports to avoid the driving requires accounting for the connections, so more wasted time, plus more risk of having to deal with the accused in multiple layovers.

The only possible quicker way would be to have a private jet follow a similar route to today's flight, faster flying and maybe less refueling stops, however, you need to have a private jet available in PA, presumably hiring one on a day's notice is hard, planes need to be flying to make money, not hanging around hoping someone hires them.

So, they used a PA LE plane, which was obviously available and right in PA, and then can control their own stops/layovers.
And could fly out asap after extradition was granted.

Why did he bother?
I think because he wanted new plates; he would have been worried about the car being caught by a license plate reader or camera, and was willing to bite the bullet and put that vehicle on their radar by being located near to the crime scene.

I’m convinced that’s how they initially found him.

The moscow/pullman airport has a runway of 7,000 feet. I'm not sure about the airport he departed from, but I imagine it's even smaller. Larger jets require much more runway length to land and takeoff. They most likely did not want to move BK through a major metro area.
Ouch. The length at the airport I use is about 5500ft and they are pretty harsh landings. Hope everyone is wearing a seatbelt..

Eta the planes used at my airport are 737s so that might make it worse… not sure.

Doesn't look like it caters to fussy vegans to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling vegans fussy... I'm calling BK fussy for requesting family to use special pans to cook his vegan food in.
It doesn’t matter if he is fussy. He threw away his “”rights”. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

I hope this doesn’t come across as dumb, but how is this damning evidence against him? I can’t see why it would help him evade police.
He’s not changing the colour, he’s not selling the car. Changing the plate from PA to Washington. How does that help him?

I hope this doesn’t come across as dumb, but how is this damning evidence against him? I can’t see why it would help him evade police.
He’s not changing the colour, he’s not selling the car. Changing the plate from PA to Washington. How does that help him?
I answered above, but I think maybe this was some flawed logic that they couldn’t find him if he changed his plates from ones that law enforcement potentially captured.

Maybe BK told his parents he wanted to sell the car, so they transferred the title, and he updated the registration? He probably thought changing the plate would help evade police.

Then, he tells his parents that he is having trouble selling the car in WA, and wants to bring it back to PA to sell to a dealership/family friend/etc, so his dad agrees to fly out and bring the car back?

He might have been worried it was caught on film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717