ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know if BK was still carrying the knife when we was approaching DM.
Trying to remind myself that LE would have been very selective when determining which details to include in the PCA. So it's entirely possible that BK said something to DM while approaching her, yet this was not reflected in the PCA.

Just finished reading the document, and although I have a pretty strong stomach, I feel like throwing up. The absolute terror of it all. Those poor kids. And DM will probably live with what she heard and saw for the rest of her life.

I will say that, to have likely thought he was smarter than those rural cops, and to have thought he would get away with the slaughters, the killer was not just sloppy and careless, but he was very sloppy and careless. His DNA on the knife sheath left beside MM's body alone will be more than enough to insure he never draws another breath as a free man, but LE clearly has sooo much more than just that. And yes, I definitely think this is a case that calls for the death penalty.

My heart goes out anew for the families of these lost souls, who now will learn that whatever they probably feared for their loved ones' final moments, it was that bad, or even worse. May God hold and comfort them. JMO

Does BK still have time to enter a plea? I imagine after this he might just plead guilty to avoid death penalty...
It will likely be that he will plead not guilty, have his team do some investigating, get more evidence from the DA etc... and if they believe there's no way they can cast reasonable doubt, have him change his plea.

I can't believe the surviving roommate didn't call 911 when she saw a masked man leaving the house after hearing what sounded like crying and a man (presumably not Ethan, as I'm assuming she would have recognized his voice) saying "it's ok, I'm going to help you." Perhaps she assumed it was some kind of late-night rendezvous and wanted to mind her own business, but it seemed like she was startled when she saw the man leaving, so I'm confused as to why she waited to call the police.

It's also curious that a security camera outside of the house picked up whimpering and a "thud" followed by a dog barking loudly, but yet the surviving roommate didn't hear the thud or the dog barking (at least it wasn't mentioned in the affidavit)?

I'm not blaming the surviving victim at all as we don't know the full story nor do we know what the dynamics were in the house regarding spur-of-the-moment guests, <modsnip: disparaging toward surviving victim>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if he was already in the house when everyone got back home
I don't think so. They have footage of him circling the house in the car at least 3 times before the murders. It doesn't seem he actually entered the house until approximately 4:15 am, in between Xana's phone records showing her on TikTok and cameras near the house recording what sounds like the murder. MOO

He had to have known that he left that sheath behind somewhere. I imagine he tore his car apart hoping and praying that it fell off in there somehow and not on the way in the house, in the house or on the way out of the house. Can you imagine his panic. You have to hate yourself. What a dumb mistake. Ka Bar needs a better way to fasten the sheaths to clothing?

This is just a thought that has crossed my mind
(along with many others)

Sometimes I wonder if his passion for, and interest in, criminology and the criminal mind allowed his own mind to create a desire for, an immersive experience

It's so hard to understand a mind that doesn't work the way we think it should

Just one of my thoughts/ponderings at this time

Does BK still have time to enter a plea? I imagine after this he might just plead guilty to avoid death penalty...
He might get offered a Chris Watts type deal. Plead guilty and get life w/o parole and forfeit your ability to ever appeal or go to trial and LE will seek death.

I feel terrible for Dylan. I may mat not understand the wait to call 911 or her thinking her roommates were just passed out, but I’m sure she was traumatized, in shock, in fear, maybe/probably intoxicated and not thinking clearly - who knows, but that poor girl has to live with this for her entire life.
| imagine she will be testifying at trial.

Knowing what we do now in regards to one of the surviving roommates hearing and seeing what she did I would really like to understand the delay in calling the police. At the very least I wonder if she tried to text anyone else in the house to inquire about the sounds, person, etc. I would imagine as roommates they would’ve had an ongoing group chat.

This is not to blame her for any inaction whatsoever. I’m just trying to understand.

Ultimately she played an important part in aiding the investigation and her info helped lead LE to an arrest for which I am thankful.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members