ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. Just read exhibit A (PC Affidavit).

So it wasn't ancestry site or anything which led to the DNA match with BK for the evidence found at crime scene. BTW how stupid was he to leave the knife's sheath on the bed next to his victims?? Even if he wore gloves while committing the murders how could he possibly think his prints or DNA wouldn't be on the sheath and knife from previous handling??

Good old trash led to a close familial match with his father, which led to BK and this PC affidavit. the DNA was literally icing on the cake.

The phone records and mapping out where and when was the meat and potatoes that got us to the DNA dessert.

LE has built a good case for him as the sole perpetrator of these murders MOO

If you saw my posts about my feeling of his innocence, no you didn't :oops:
Why wouldn't you at least contemplate the possibility? He looks like an average person and he's loved by his family. It's sooo weird to me, to people like us, that someone would ruin his own life (and his family's life, in a way) like this, being a young man with a whole life ahead of him. Mindboggling, so, I understand why you'd feel he was innocent at first, it would have been only natural.

What he did, THAT was unnatural.

DM not calling 911 baffles me as it does many however we’ve just now found out what an incredible job LE have done here, if they had any reason to believe DM done anything criminal or negligent that evening, she would also be in custody. It’s easy to assume what we would or wouldn’t do but we aren’t her, we don’t know how she interpreted what she saw or heard and given the friendships she appeared to have with the victims, I highly doubt she knew they’d been harmed and opted not to call 911. JMO.

It's very possible that she had no idea what had just happened to the victims and thought, "Must be a friend of one of the other roommates" and locked her door and went to sleep. I honestly cannot think of another scenario that would fit this behavior. If it was fear, seems she would have dialed 911 immediately after locking her door.
They said she stood there frozen….

Amazing that everything was kept under wraps for so long. D never leaked she saw him. Cops never leaked they knew who it was. With so much press and so many involved, great work keeping it all secret
It was an early rumor. I saw photos that first day that I believe included her (MOO) outside the house with other young people, some wrapped in blankets. Those photos were scrubbed from the internet. Unfindable.

The fact that it appears he was driving around in the vicinity of the house that morning says to me he had lots of time to pull himself together and decide not to go through with it.
That's what makes these senseless murders even more tragic.
ETA: Still sitting with my mouth open in disbelief. Can't remember another case that did this to me for this amount of time.

Waiting to see if he has any reaction on his face in court after this damning PC (imo) has been released
I hope the LE travelling with him yesterday read the affidavit to him slowly word by word over the many hours they were flying, staring at him after each sentence. (I don't think they would really do this -- it was sealed, etc., but to torture him with the level of detail that LE has on him and the utter depravity of his actions.) How does pure evil respond when confronted with their actions?

I don't understand why DM didn't call the police and why he let her go after he had just killed 4 people she said he just walked out. Bizarre

Can he claim he touched the knife sheath in a store, how long does DNA last?

Sure, he can claim that. But with no one else's DNA found, and the sheath traveling from a store to the house where his CAR traveled that night is pretty damning. DNA lasts a long time. But presumably, they found no other DNA on the knife sheath.

How they would establish that at trial without putting him on the stand admitting he went shopping for a Ka-Bar knife, I don't know.

His phone traveled with the car, and somehow, some other person is responsible?

I'm watching Court TV and they just stated the affidavit is "Rich with juicy details"... why can't some of these reporters have some sense of decency/be more professional, what a thing to say. I may have to find a better source for Live updates, any recommendations?
Agree! They are so tacky and disrespectful sometimes.

It doesn’t add up with what we were told in the beginning. That the surviving room Mates slept through it (clearly at least one of them didn’t) and that the next day at 12pm they received a 911 call reporting a unconscious person.

Why wouldn’t she ring the police? I don’t understand it at all. Wouldn’t she call kaylee or maddie to tell them she’s just seen a random stranger in a mask in their house? What is going on
Is it possible the police just said they slept through it, so Bryan wouldn't realize a witness saw him? To stop him from fleeing?

He had to have known that he left that sheath behind somewhere. I imagine he tore his car apart hoping and praying that it fell off in there somehow and not on the way in the house, in the house or on the way out of the house. Can you imagine his panic. You have to hate yourself. What a dumb mistake. Ka Bar needs a better way to fasten the sheaths to clothing?
The sheath has a closed loop for a belt to go through. Once on the belt, it's there. It has to be taken off the belt by the person wearing it unless the belt or the leather of the sheath rips. If he was stupid enough to be carrying it by hand into the house, he's a complete idiot

Also, the affidavit says DM heard something to the effect of "It's okay, I'm going to help you."

In the shock and confusion of encountering someone in the house at that hour and not wanting to believe he could have been a danger, she may have convinced herself - based on having heard the offer of help - that it must have been a friend who'd been invited, maybe a friend of EC's.
That makes sense.

I had to read the PCA 2 times and all I can saw is that I am blown away by all the evidence against BK. They don't just have some random DNA, they've got a mountain. That makes me feel so much more confident that he is going all the way down.

The surviving roommates, I can't even begin to imagine the mental anguish, especially DB, must be feeling right now. She literally encountered walking, breathing EVIL and survived. I hope they are receiving all the support and counseling possible.

Reading this has disturbed me greatly. I must process for awhile, but I'm glad to see some of the evidence they have against BK. He certainly wasn't the smartest guy in the room, only in his own mind.

MOO

Do we think that BK saw doordash deliver to the house? I’ll have to pull up the affidavit to check his movement again. IF he saw the delivery, still decided to enter, that’s bold.
In reading this , did you all get a sense if he went up first or last? Not trying to be insensitive for the moment. But based on D’a sound account, I was thinking upstairs second? thoughts on this? That’s if anyone is ready for that?

Oh wow who guessed that the sheath was left behind? Yall were right and his dna was on it.
Likely already posted, this thread moves like wildfire. In any case, massive shoutout to @Tealgrove who accurately speculated on a possible knife sheath left behind in this post here ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

"I wonder if the killer had a sheath for the knife? Could it have been unknowingly left behind in the struggle?"

I don't understand why DM didn't call the police and why he let her go after he had just killed 4 people she said he just walked out. Bizarre

Can he claim he touched the knife sheath in a store, how long does DNA last?
However, taken together with his cell phone activity placing him in the area and the car on camera traveling back and forth in the area, they got him. Also disturbing is the fact that his cell phone showed activity around the residence at least 12 times before the murders and late at night or early morning (he was stalking someone at that house for sure). Once they are finished with the car I imagine there will be more evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member