ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know about DNA from the knife, since he could have easily wrapped it up in something and /or placed it in a backpack. However, I do think they will find DNA and DOG hairs.....mulitple attempts at *cleaning* notwithstanding. MOO.

Luminol could find blood that then leads to a DNA match to a victim. In my opinion there is no possible way he did not get the victims' blood on him. Thus, he was cleaning his car like crazy.

I think he planned this enough to have plastic on his seats so there would be no transfer.
But what about on the gas and brake pedals? He stepped in blood and tracked it. I don't see him coving the pedals with plastic. Although who knows with someone who takes the garbage out at 4am with gloves on and places the trash in the neighbors can.

Iirc, when reading the AA yesterday I noticed BK’s last name was typed as Kohberg, which is missing -er at the end. I know typos and mistakes happen, it just stood out to me because my brain is annoying and I notice little stuff sometimes.
Ugh....really? I'm the furthest thing from a grammar anything, but I wish they had proof readers! So important for legal documents!

NewsNation Interview w/Former FBI Agent - Basically, he was book smart but probably lacked common sense. Drives his own car to the murder scene, was not anticipating things that went wrong, leaves behind sheath, etc...

If BCK bought the kbar knife recently that would be premeditation IMO
I would guess they checked kabar company's sales, amazon and reasonable by close bricks and mortar retail outlets. Maybe the Pennsylvania investigators are checking there as well. But he could have had it for years and years.

Who knows, heroin addict's are responsible for a lot of burglaries too, so he may never have bought it but sole it long ago
I have to admit that on first reading of the AA I thought she was in the hallway in front of the bedroom door because of the mention of the bathroom door immediately before the description of the officer seeing the body. I read the next paragraph that started "Also in the bedroom..." but failed to connect it with the previous paragraph. On second reading, I agree, her body was found on the floor of the bedroom but I can see how someone could be confused based on the construct of para. 3.
Paragaph 3, with and without the parenetical als sindicates he saw body in in bedroom

Can that be explained away as them being in X’s room with the door closed so he passed it and didn’t return til he came back down to that door again? Though if X was in the bathroom, he’d likely see the light on under the closed door, so that’d be a risk knowing someone is wide awake … if he didn’t know about the doordash that had just happened though I suspect he did….
I'm inclined to think he knew nothing about the Door Dash guy. They missed each other by about 4 minutes. My theory is he drove around 4 times in the course of about 30 minutes because he was waiting to make sure the inhabitants of the house seemed to be asleep. I think if he saw a Door Dasher it might have spooked him. MOO

Ugh....really? I'm the furthest thing from a grammar anything, but I wish they had proof readers!
I thought the same, personally whenever typing something important I read it once or twice before sending, though it was so many pages it’s easy to overlook.

I also noticed yesterday (I think?) a court document was stamped with the time - 8:13am but it was only 8am Moscow time when it was posted on Twitter. Got me wondering if Moscow ever goes with daylight savings (assuming not since it’s PT?) and if whatever they use to stamp it was set with that timing…

Some of those details are so sad.
What a small world.

The private driver who dropped Kaylee Goncalves and Maddie Mogen off at their home near the University of Idaho campus just hours before they were stabbed to death in the early morning hours of Nov. 13, is “exceptionally glad” an arrest has been made

and

He was somewhat stunned to learn that Kohberger — who maintains he did not commit the murders — lived near him in Pullman, Washington.

“He lived 1,200 feet from my front door.
I spent six weeks trying to convince my wife there was not a threat and I was wrong,” the driver said

Whodathunk????

Snipped by me:

It is unclear why the surviving roommates did not call 911 until around noon. Goncalves' father described to TODAY the roommates' emotional state during the 911 call.

"You got to remember these two girls were so upset that when they went outside after seeing this ... one passed out," he said. "And the other one was so hyperventilating that the message wasn’t clear enough for the operator."

Link: Father of Idaho slayings victim says Bryan Kohberger wouldn’t look at him in court

Do I have this right? He returned to the area of the crime scene between 9a.m. and 9:30a.m. the next day? Is it possible he was returning to get that knife sheath? Or was he a looky loo? He just had to see all the commotion he'd created?

But what about on the gas and brake pedals? He stepped in blood and tracked it. I don't see him coving the pedals with plastic. Although who knows with someone who takes the garbage out at 4am with gloves on and places the trash in the neighbors can.
If he had any common sense he would strip down to his underwear and redress before getting back into his car with new gloves and fresh mask. Taking all of his worn materials and disposing of them. Common sense would also dictate not bringing a cellphone along so..I doubt he did the stripping either.

NewsNation Interview w/Former FBI Agent - Basically, he was book smart but probably lacked common sense.
Not just about academic study vs book smart, but also simply lacking in experience with physical crime scenes. A cop with a a bachelors degree, or less, but who has scene a lot of crime scenes, or dealt with a pool of potential suspects knows 100x more than kohberger would know.
Even though the DNA is what will cook his goose, even without it he left a trail of clues. so without DNA they would simply have a prime suspect they could sweat and eventually get making more mistakes.

No comma. Which lends further support to the interpretation that both were found in the bedroom.
It’s slightly ambiguous. I pondered over this far too long today. He prefaced the bedroom part talking about the bathroom as he approached. That could lead one to believe this was where X was found. Because why else mention the bathroom and the approach?

However, I agree that “also in the room…” infers that X was in the bedroom.

If there’s a trial, or maybe before, the facts will come out.

But it’s not completely clear.

DM mentions hearing crying from X's room two times. I kind of wonder if maybe he started with X, but then suddenly had to deal with E, which was the 4:17 thud, and then he came back to injured and crying X with the "it's okay, I'm going to help you" line. He left very soon after. Jmo.
I hadn't considered that, but I think it is quite possible! MOO

I feel terrible for all the victims, but I felt absolutely horrible for poor X while reading that affidavit. She seems to have been wide awake and very aware of what was going on the whole time. I think there's a good chance the others were initially asleep, and maybe were spared fully knowing what was happening if they were attacked while sound asleep even if it did wake them since you can still be pretty disoriented in that state. But I can only imagine how terrifying the final minutes of her life was.

I don’t think that entire blank second page in the original PDF was ever a separate redacted page that had content. It was the back of page 1 that whoever scanned it had scanned by accident. You can tell because of the reversed “Redacted” stamp from page 1 that’s bleeding through, the fact that the page numbers at the bottom were always consecutive, and the text from page 1 to page 2 reads completely and not like there was any omitted text.
It’s likely that whoever scanned it was using a commercial automatic duplex scanner. They are usually set to duplex jobs, so they automatically scan both sides of a page and print (whether physical copy or PDF print, which is what I’m assuming this is) all pages with something on them. Likely either the ink from the stamp bled through to the back side of page 1 or the stamp was really dark and the printer sensed it as a page that had something on it that needed to be duplicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990