ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know everyone's opinions on the August 21 traffic stop when BK was by the Kings Road residence. Did a neighbor call in a suspicious vehicle that was spending a lot of time in the area? Did BK simply draw a patrolling officer's attention? Is it known if he was cited for a violation?

From the affadavit:

One of these occasions, on August 21, 2022, the 8458 phone utilized cellular resources providing coverage to the King Road residence from approximately 10:34 pm to 11:35 pm. At approximately 11:37 pm., Kohberger was stopped by Latah County Sheriff's Deputy CPL Duke as mentioned above. The 8548 phone was utilizing cellular resources consistent with the location of the traffic stop during this time (Farm Road and Pullman Highway).
Can media request the police report for the traffic stop? Not sure how traffic stops work there but do the officers enter the information in their computers? Do they talk to dispatch and tell them that they are stopping a veh and then run the plate?

Agreed. I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if he later decides he wants to represent himself.

Jmo
Goodness I HOPE not. BK could turn that whole trial into a circus. The families and friends don't deserve that. Though I guess there is really not choice if that's what he chooses. It's his right, I suppose. JMO

I think there is a problem with the timeline, car observed at 1604 hrs, trying to park or do 3 point turn, then bailing and driving down to the intersection and making a 3 point turn then disappearing. Then car fleeing at high rate of speed at 1620 hrs, that's 16 minutes and doesn't count ingress or egress.
16 minutes is actually a lot of time (and IMO he did it in even less).

Bought one several years ago. Too heavy and throws you off balance to the side you’re wearing it on. Yes and the leather is very thick. Even the loop that goes around the belt is strong. I would imagine the killers belt would break before the sheath would. The killer may have a different type of sheath than mine though.

I searched pretty hard and can’t find any poorly made Kbar sheaths.

While BK was able to keep the leather part of the sheath free of his DNA, the button snap is more complex, especially where the leather and snaps join, the top of the stud, and the inside of the post. All the careful handling to ensure none of his cells were left at the scene and that single button made the PCA rock solid. MOO

One thing that sort of freaked me out, reading the Probable Cause-when they're tracking the car(towards the end of the document.) was when then mentioned a coffee shop in Clarkston, Washington State. Yesterday, I read police there had reopened an unsolved 1990 knife murder of an 18 yr. old girl, killed while sleeping on her couch. BK would only have been 18 himself in 1990, so it couldn't have been him, or could it?
He's 28 now, 2022.

<modsnip> My original quest was to understand if someone whose aunt and uncle bought new cookware, to accommodate his diet, would eat at someplace like the restaurant where X and K, worked. That's the only reason. Trying to find a link between the two who I believe to be his targets, and himself. Would someone like DK, an irrational person, (to put it lightly) take offense, if he felt he was not taken seriously? That restaurant so far has been a discussion point as a possible point of contact. Remember, he was asked to tone it down at a bar, b/c of his rude comments, and he was very surprised, denied such comments, and never returned. He calls the waitress a curse word when she confronts him, but when the man confronts him, he just never returns.

He said when a female bartender told Kohberger not to talk to people that way, he called her a curse word. The bar owner says after he confronted him, Kohberger never came back.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that sort of freaked me out, reading the Probable Cause-when they're tracking the car(towards the end of the document.) was when then mentioned a coffee shop in Clarkston, Washington State. Yesterday, I read police there had reopened an unsolved 1990 knife murder of an 18 yr. old girl, killed while sleeping on her couch. BK would only have been 18 himself in 1990, so it couldn't have been him, or could it?
He wasn't born yet. :)

1. The PCA is quite clear her body was in her bedroom IMO.

2. My point was not so much to invoke a discussion of sound "in the house" but to point out that if BK knew D was in her room, he should have realized she heard his voice.
I have been pondering his awareness of her presence both before and after the murders. He walked toward her, then right past her.

Her story is eerily reminiscent of Nita Neary's. Ted Bundy walked right past Nita Neary on his way out of the Chi Omega house in strangely similar circumstancs. He even paused at the door as she stared at him, before slinking off into the night.

I haven't been commenting much, but I've been reading along. So thanks everyone for all the links and great information.

I've read through the PCA several times and have formed a bit of a different idea of what happened, including motive. Many people have commented how odd it is that a seemingly regular guy would commit a mass murder like this as his first crime. I agree. Not because I think he is a serial killer of some kind, but because it's possible his intent was not murder at all.

I'm coming to believe the intent was forcible rape and the intended target was M. I believe he knew where M's room was from prior surveillance. I believe he removed the knife from the sheath, which was looped on his belt and entered through the slider in the kitchen and went directly to M's room, finding her asleep. I believe he unbuckled his belt in preparation for a sexual attack at which time three things happened - (1) M awoke and fought back, (2) the sheath slipped off his undone belt, and (3) K heard the commotion and entered the room. At that point, he killed both of them.

I think his intent was to quickly exit the house the way he came, out the kitchen slider. Coming down the stairs he heard X moving around and saying "someone is here". Now he has a problem. Does he leave or does he dispatch a witness who may call 911 in the next few minutes? I believe he decided to kill X, not knowing E was there. I think he saw X as he rounded the corner and attacked her near the doorway or just inside the doorway of her room. Then he saw E and turned his attention to him as the bigger threat. I think X was still alive, injured, and crying. When he finishes with E he turns back to X telling her he will help her, but he finishes killing her instead.

Then he walks back down the hall, passing DM's room, and exits the way he came in through the kitchen slider. He showed no interest in DM's room or the two bedrooms on the first floor. I believe his focus was entirely on M's room on the third floor, he chose the most efficient route to get there, and did not expect K to be on the third floor at all. I think he thought he could rape (not kill) M on the third floor and then slip away.

I think that's why this crime seems so sloppy. He planned to commit a rape, in a college town, which is a fairly common occurrence and does not attract national attention and 50 FBI agents. He wasn't planning a mass murder; he was planning a rape and at most a local investigation by a local detective or two.

This is all my own opinion and my general sense of the case at this time.
This all makes sense regarding the initial desire to rape as opposed to murder, although i do think murder was also a part of his agenda if necessary..
The large trusty knife on his person however, does not let him down and serves as an impressive substitute for whatever fails him.. speculation, imo.

I bet the murder weapon is at the bottom of the Mississippi River!

Was thinking the snake river.

Kohberger was allegedly in Clarkston hours after four students were killed

Bryan Kohberger’s cellphone data indicates he drove his white Hyundai Elantra to the Lewiston-Clarkston Valley on Nov. 13. Court documents say surveillance footage from the Clarkston Albertsons shows Kohberger exiting the vehicle at 12:49 p.m.

Eta 39 minute drive from king rd

Last edited:
Like other inconsistencies we originally heard from LE that now can be explained as a way to not tip off the murderer, the witness statement was not revealed - thus the surviving girls heard nothing
Also LE had to protect the survivors. Had BK known that someone saw him, both surviving roommates would be at risk.

I think there is a problem with the timeline, car observed at 1604 hrs, trying to park or do 3 point turn, then bailing and driving down to the intersection and making a 3 point turn then disappearing. Then car fleeing at high rate of speed at 1620 hrs, that's 16 minutes and doesn't count ingress or egress.
My guess was always that this took under 10 minutes, so seems reasonable to me

Some thoughts after reading the PCA again. I'm really curious what time precisely that DM awoke the first time. It says approx 4 and she was awoken by what she thought was K playing with her dog. We know that at 4 is when the Door Dash driver arrived, so my initial thought was that that could have woken her, but IMO that wouldn't have sounded like someone playing with a dog on the third floor. So I wonder if she woke up later than 4, possibly when BK was already in the house.

When she says a short time later she hears someone say "There's someone here," I do think that was X. The PCA also states it could have been X as data showed she was on TikTok until 4:12. IMO I think M and K were already asleep at this time. There was nothing in the PCA like data from their phones stating that they were awake. We know the phone calls to J stopped by 3. I think they had been hanging out in M's room eating their pasta, drunk dialing, scrolling their phones, etc. and sometime after 3 but before 4 fell asleep in the same bed together. They were lifelong friends and I don't find this odd at all. I also wouldn't find it odd that K's dog was in the other bedroom. Sometimes dogs like to spread out on a bed - and possibly it was used to being in that room from when K lived in the house. I recently had Covid and spent some time sleeping on my recliner in the living room because I was so stuffy I couldn't sleep laying down in bed and my dog chose to still sleep in my bed in the other room so she could sprawl out lol.

My thought is X got the Door Dash food and brought it back to her bedroom for either her and E to eat or E was asleep and she ate it alone. Just ten or so minutes later when the Door Dash guy is long gone, she hears what sounds like someone either opening the sliding door or walking through the kitchen area and says (very possibly to E), "There's someone here." Or possibly she heard someone walking up the stairs or moving around upstairs but knew the two girls upstairs were already asleep. I think he quickly killed both girls upstairs. I agree with the poster who said maybe this was a mission to rape M and he had no idea K would be in bed with her, so he therefore ended up murdering both of them as they both woke up.

He then came back downstairs and possibly X was in her doorway or outside of it checking to see who was in the house and what was going on, so he pushed her back in her room to murder her, and then subsequently discovered E. At this point would be when DM opens the door when she hears crying and the comment "It's OK. I'll help you."

The thing is we don't have definite time stamps of when DM opens her door three times. She may have glanced at a clock once to know it was after 4 but otherwise doesn't know herself. It's possible she also would open her door, lay back down, drift off, then awake again, open the door again, etc. so her timeline is fuzzy as she was unsure how long she'd drift off for between door openings. All IMO only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ptescottsherry