ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo a heavily addicted heroine addict has their day & night 100% focused on heroin. Using it, attaining it, rinse repeat. Zero time for anything else.
I work in a Suboxone clinic. IMO and personal experience, if he were still in active addiction when arrested we would have seen him get extremely dope sick. The fact that he looked the way he did in his mugshot(Healthy, not sweating, eyes open all the way) I’m going to guess he was clean.

Haven't looked at the menu, but other employees of Mad Greek have stated they do not recognize BK as a patron, so it's unlikely that he encountered them there.

What occurred to me yesterday is since he has been casing their place since June, he may have had some interaction, saw them, or something way back then. So LE has to go back over 6 months ago to find out if he ever had an encounter with any of them.

Imo Comments about shaving eyebrows and former drug abuse are examples of just turning life events into suspicious actions reflect bias.
Furthermore, they feed into lynch mob mentality.
I would guess many people have been, or been close with someone, who at some point in their lives has struggled with addiction.
The fact that this particular man overcame it and went to college IMO is commendable.

1) Multiple prestige press outlets, including the New York Times have noted multiple close friends stating he was abusing heroin.
2) Opiate/oid abuse (OUD) is listed in the DSM as a mental "disorder."
3) Opiate abuse is shown in the peer reviewed science to have vey long term affects, observed in consequence, self control and other areas of the brain

In people who lead productive lives, prior drug abuse, or prior violent crime, can be argued to be irrelevant. But in people suspected of an irrational and hyper violent act in my view it is not irrelevant.

It isn't a bias if it is associated with higher crime commission rates, increase likelihood he had burgled in the past (which is a fact of people who were heroin addicts), contact with criminal violence as a victim (addicts are often robbed), or potentially used enough to be at higher risk of residual damage to certain self control and consequence areas of brain as observed, even decades later in people who have abused opioids or opiates

I am educated, and I think rationally, yet I smoked cigarettes for a decade. On one hand I very much admire anyone who can quit any addiction. Unless you have been addicted to something, you have no idea as to how powerful it is. But I also know from the science that even prior tobacco abuse has very long term, physiological and psychological effects. And heroin more so.

So I think you are correct in that we need to be cautious. But I do not think we can say multiple friends noting his heroin abuse is out of hand irreverent

I think X stayed in the living room as she had just received a food delivery and was using her phone on Tiktok, and when she heard or spotted the perp possibly making an egress in the kitchen, and may then have said "someone is here" that could be audible to DM, given the location of DM's room adjoining onto the living room. IMO X did not venture upstairs, given the evidence in the PCA.

Indeed: DM does not describe anyone running past her room or up/down stairs so the idea that X went upstairs is not borne out by the evidence, as it is alleged in the PCA.
The evidence alleged in the PCA is that D heard a voice she thought was on the 3rd floor.

There is no evidence in the PCA X was in the living room, or that D heard the voice she thought was K on the same floor as her.

At some point BK likely did pass D's door around about that time, and she didn't hear him. One suggestion is his rubber soled shoes.

All MOO

Stepping in to say, I read this yesterday. Another prisoner gave a long harangue (imo) about BK yelling and exposing himself and lifting his shirt and cursing. Later yesterday, I read an article quoting a guard who said none of that was true and he was well-behaved. IIRC, both articles were in The Daily Mail, so. . .
Absent a restraining order though it is not a crime to follow someone, stalk someone etc. Plenty of people, I image a lot of males and even females in their 20's probably do so without harming the object of their obsession. heck one can find it in literature where the stalker is someone portrayed as a sympathetic unrequited lover, or even that the stalked person eventually falls in love with.

I am not saying it is ok in the least. and of course it is a reach, but I would think that the defense, if they decide to fight it out in court, will say that he was following one or more of them as an obsession, with no evil attached. Is it a reach? maybe, but it is their best course.
Stalking is a crime in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and US territories.

I would imagine there is a psychological assessment of him that needs to be made directed by a court, in order to confirm that he had the requisite intention to kill at the relevant time(s).

I was not saying that he could not be found guilty nor have the intention, but only describing that a defendant must have committed the action of killing and form the intention to kill, to be found guilty in a court of law, is all.
Not sure what you mean. Moving toward a victims with a deadly weapon establishes the intent as dropping it or leaving are an option as a course of action.

Last edited:
Ken eye to spot this. I agree that is odd. I’ve never heard 20!year old, especially in these days, word a sentence like that. Not muscular but athletic. For a description lacking any real description, that statement says a whole lot.

I’m not even sure how that would even look especially under the circumstances. He could have possible used his own description but I would think in a affidavit exact words would have to be provided
I know runners who look like this. Put them in regular clothes and they don't look athletic at all.

X had a Door Dash Delivery at 4:00am. I would be very curious to know if the DD Driver drove a white sedan? The initial 3 passes by the home screams Door Dash Delivery to me, not someone who has "stalked the residence for months" JMO
RSBBM
This contradicts the PCA. Until LE says the PCA is wrong, then no, the DD driver's car was not confused with BK's.
MOO

We'll, if we're "guessing", then it might have been a full on ski mask covering every single part of his face except his eyes and eye brows. Also, he may have had a hood that covered the top of his head and the rest of the ski mask. My point is we can't assume it ONLY covered his nose and mouth, because that hasn't been stated by a verified source. People read one post that says "only his nose and mouth", and then that suddenly becomes facts of the case.

Words, and the CORRECT words, matter.
If BK was wearing a ski mask then I believe the PCA would have stated that. Medical mask vs. ski mask: The ski mask would have been super suspicious and terrifying whereas a medical mask has become the norm since the pandemic. If this happened pre pandemic then it would be bizarre but it's not now.

Absent a restraining order though it is not a crime to follow someone, stalk someone etc. Plenty of people, I image a lot of males and even females in their 20's probably do so without harming the object of their obsession. heck one can find it in literature where the stalker is someone portrayed as a sympathetic unrequited lover, or even that the stalked person eventually falls in love with.

I am not saying it is ok in the least. and of course it is a reach, but I would think that the defense, if they decide to fight it out in court, will say that he was following one or more of them as an obsession, with no evil attached. Is it a reach? maybe, but it is their best course.

Really? Legal scholars seem to disagree with you:

There are federal and state anti-stalking laws. According to the law firm just quoted, stalking is illegal (all by itself) in all 50 US States. Definition of stalking from that article (by a lawyer who specializes in that area of law);

This is not assault and battery. This is a separate crime involving harassment without assault.

At any rate, there have been anti-stalking laws where I live. I know this because I know people who have availed themselves of those laws.

It is a crime, punishable by jail time and fines. No restraining order necessary, especially as it might be hard for many victims to identify their stalker without police help in investigating the crime.

I know runners who look like this. Put them in regular clothes and they don't look athletic at all.
IMOO-Most College/Olympic swimmers have a lean athletically built body. They have plenty of toned muscled, rather than large bulky muscles like boxers, football players etc. Think of US Olympian Michael Phelps.
Yeah I don't really see why her description is causing so much nitpicking. As soon as I read it, I thought it was actually a pretty accurate description of him she was able to recall--he is on the taller side of average (per her height estimate) and he does have a lean, athletic build. He doesn't have a heavyset muscular build, but he's clearly in good shape and I don't think could ever realistically be described as skinny. MOO

I agree.

Matter of fact I think X went upstairs and investigated the noises D heard, and saw BK. I think she said out loud "there's someone here" to warn the others, BK caught up with her just outside her room and she froze into silence or he put his hand over her mouth, which is why D heard nothing when she opened her door. Reason I think this is because D was able to identify when she heard crying from X's room, through her closed door, but she thought it was K on the 3rd floor saying "there's someone here".

I think BK pursued X down the stairs, and he now knew there was another person X had been warning. I think he thought that was E, perhaps E stirred from sleep when X started crying out loud.

When the dog started barking I think BK had one single purpose, to get away before the noise raised other people either inside or from neighboring houses.

All MOO
Yeah, I don’t think you will be far away with that. That’s generally what I am thinking too. The thud heard on the audio could also have been him in X’s room and the kind of end of the attack and he knew then he needed to get out of there asap.

I am not convinced he had the intention of killing all 4 of them. I think this attack went wrong so to speak.

I think the part that is a bit confusing right now is how BK ended up in Xana's room killing her and Ethan.

I am thinking that the reason Xana was found in her room instead of the living room is that she may have seen the killer, then ran back to her room to what felt safe to her - her boyfriend. Just speculation on my part.

Bottom line- she was not able to ID BK
It was dark, he was in black. I don't think DM's observations - or lack thereof - are a linchpin to a conviction.

I understand she's the closest thing we have to a witness but she's a victim.

Conviction of BK does not depend on anything she did or did not do.

Put yourself in her shoes at 18 or 19 in a house where strangers are frequent guests.

V-I-C-T-I-M

Absolutely. And as an adult, there are some weekends where I wish I could order food at 4am.
I frequently get DoorDash orders left at my front door in the 3:00 to 4:00 am time period. Orders which I didn't make, and have no way to return since there is a complete lack of documentation on them. Not great for my diet. :P

Sure, if I have it right, in this scenario they borrowed BKs car, knife, sheath (after getting him to handle the button or whatever of the sheath) and phone at c2.44am 11/13 then they returned all said items to his residence (minus sheath, knife unknown) at 5.25am or whenever it has been ascertained by the PCA that same morning. No, wait, perhaps first they slept over or in BK's car at his residence's car lot until about 9am or whenever it was specified in PCA, and then did a drive by of the crime scene in BK's car whilst carrying his switched on phone before finally returning his phone and car at c 9.30am (see PCA). If this theory is tonstand up, we know that they had returned B.Ks phone and car to him by the time BK left for Albertson on11/13 because phone data and cctv footage definately place BK in the supermarket store that midday/afternoon, footage of him leaving car and phone pinging simultaneously! Is there really anything unreasonable or illogical about this possibilty? (asking for a friend).

ETA: I meant to say, is there anything unreasonable or illogical about this apart from the total lack of evidence and a certain lack of critical credibility
I agree! However, it only takes one juror to not understand what reasonable doubt is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T