Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

Take notice folks ... Websleuths will not tolerate disparaging comments about other members.

If you engage in rude personal attacks against another member, you will receive a minimum 1 week Time Out. Depending on the consequences of such attacks, there may be a permanent loss of posting privileges.

Sillybilly
WS Admin

ADMIN NOTE:

The true crime community is inundated with discussion of the Daily Mail article about the Reddit posts by Pappa Rodger and InsideLooking possibly having been made by BK. That is still speculation with no confirmation from official sources. As there is a gag order in place, there is no new ‘official’ information for discussion.

Websleuths would not normally allow discussion of any Reddit posts UNLESS the social media account is known to belong to a victim or a POI/suspect. After discussion with Tricia, Websleuths is making a thread specific exception in this instance to allow discussion of those 2 accounts because it is being covered by MSM and our WS approved sources (Jennifer Coffindaffer and Hidden True Crime).

At all times members must remember that, although suspected to be BK, those accounts are NOT CONFIRMED to be made by him and information must be taken with a very large grain of salt.

For example ... the DM article indicates that PR’s posts stopped after BK’s arrest. There is a screenshot in the DM article where a Reddit Admin specifically states the PR account had been removed by Reddit the day before BK’s arrest.

This will give our members something to discuss and speculate about but please remember to take it all with that big grain of salt.

Any questions, please do not ask them on the thread. Just jump off any post to Report and ask and a Mod or Admin will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks !!

ADMIN REMINDERS:

If this keeps up, we're going to need a separate thread just for reminders ;)

WS doesn’t tolerate rudeness. Unless you are a WS verified expert, the opinions of other members are just as valid as yours. If you disagree with an opinion you can either respond respectfully or scroll and roll without comment.

We don’t allow posts promoting fundraising. If we did it for one, we would be expected to do it for all, and with the thousands of threads we have, that’s just not possible.

Oh, and please stop telling others what to do, say, or think. Post respectfully toward other members or Report it if you have an issue.

Thanks !!

ADMIN NOTE:

The only mental health conditions that are now allowed for discussion are those referenced in MSM and other WS approved sources (which includes those mentioned in the unconfirmed accounts of BK himself.)

Otherwise it's like Bartholomew hats with members speculating from A to Z in the DSM.

Suspect’s DNA found at the scene, police say​

• The killer left a tan leather knife sheath on Mogen’s bed next to her butchered body, according to the court documents.
  • Mr Kohberger’s DNA was found on the sheath which features the “Ka-Bar” “USMC” and the United States Marine Corps eagle globe and anchor insignia stamped on the outside of it,” the documents state.
  • “The Idaho state lab later located a single source of male DNA (suspect Profile) left on the button snap of the knife sheath.”
  • Investigators were able to trace the DNA evidence to Mr Kohberger by matching it to DNA found on trash recovered from his family home in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania.
  • The knife itself has still yet to be found.

Here's a good link for newcomers, it's about Websleuths lingo and acronyms (won't help you with the name acronyms, but is very helpful otherwise):

In answer to a couple of questions from the closed thread.....

WIFI Touch allows you to connect to password protected wi-fi without having to ask for a key or enter a password. Most new phones have this technology built in and it is also available as a downloadable app. When Touch is turned on, your device connects automatically to the password protected network but only if you have already connected to that network before and that network password hasn't changed.

If BK had a juvenile record, can it become public now? Or made public during trial?
If he had one and depending on what it was for, it might perhaps be unsealed and used in the sentencing phase but in a trial, usually prior bad acts are not admissible as evidence to the crime for which the defendant is being tried.

jmo

I am curious about the photo on the ID badge he is wearing in this photo but can’t clearly distinguish if he has sun glasses on or if it is similar to his Visual Snow avatar?
Has anyone else seen that photo ID clearly?
As SillyBilly mentioned, I too had and have big doubts about the veracity of his supposed symptoms and wonder if he didn’t choose that obscure forum to begin exploring another kind of effects of possible depersonalization. I have also entertained the thought that he was looking to understand another close family member’s mindset and behavior.
He was in the LE club as a Sophmore in 2011, thinking about becoming an Army Ranger at the time he did the VS posting. He graduated in 2013? Had supposedly been into Heroin between Jr and Sr high school year? Enrilled in CC in 2016?9
Do we know when he dropped out of the Vocational training program or true date date range of his employment as a Security Guard?
Why would such a bright person be in high school classes only half a day? Would he have been placed there for behavioral issues?
It doesn’t all add up IMO.

Wishbone said:
What could be in that apartment search that if disclosed before Mar 1 could end the investigation? Huge threat right now but gone on by Mar 1?

snipped
“The document states: 'Premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create serious and imminent threat to effective law enforcement and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety.”
The search warrant, which is shrouded in mystery, won't be sealed forever - the documents going on to say they'll only be 'enforceable for a limited time,' investigation pending.
'For these reasons, the information contained in the application and the nature of this investigation must be kept secret for a limited period of time,' it states.
'It is estimated the investigation will likely be concluded within two months from this date [Dec 30], so an order sealing the file for that period of time is appropriate and necessary.'
www.dailymail.co.uk

Idaho judge seals search warrant for Bryan Kohberger's apartment

Authorities have temporarily sealed the search warrant for University of Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger's Washington home claiming its release could end the investigation 'prematurely.'
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.dailymail.co.uk
'Premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create serious and imminent threat to effective law enforcement and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety."
translates to me as "If we have to end this investigation before we get all our ducks in a row, then this guy could go free and that is a threat to public safety".

If all they had was what was in the PCA, that would not be enough to convict, IMO. I believe they are trying (maybe desperately) to get something that is irrefutable. Knife with his prints and/or DNA and one or more of the victim's DNA or bundle of bloody clothing comes to mind. What if someone had information from those docs that would send them out in search of the knife, etc? If some person who is NOT LE picks up that knife, bundle of clothing, whatever, and hauls it into the police station or WORSE calls the Daily Mail, it taints the evidence. Also, if they release what they are looking for, if BK has anyone who would do so that person could hide/destroy evidence.

That was just the first thing that came to my mind, anyway. IMO, JMO, MOO, etc.

In the previous thread, @10ofRods said:

"I can sort of tell a little bit about which house goes with which router name (very little) because some of the routers have clearly been named by an age group or a language group that gives those hints. One neighbor uses a version of his car license plate number and another makes a reference to her dog's name, etc. There's also someone who changes the name on their router frequently and I'm pretty sure I know who he is (IT guy I used to work with, signal is strongest when I walk by his house)."

Which reminded me of the fellow I read about who (jokingly, I assume) talked about naming his wifi network "FBI Undercover Van #1" and then watching to see which neighbors looked up and down the street nervously...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025