ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 65

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can be convinced that he really did create the survey earlier than June for his class project, but apparently he didn't have enough data to use it.
This seems realistic to me. I don’t know how many murderers would even know about or have access to a Reddit survey; and if they did, would be eager to fill it out.

I’ve only personally known one murderer, so I don’t have an ample supply to query, but I can tell you about this one.

I’ve known her since she was born. The genuinely prettiest little girl I’ve ever seen.
I met the person who would become her mother when I was 14 and the eventual mother was 16. I knew the whole family very well and at 23 my sister married into it. (Later divorced him).
Fast forward decades. The prettiest little baby was in her 40s, the mother mid-60s and the grandmother late 80s.
This little girl’s father had been a NYC cop who died young. She cherished his nightstick that she kept.

One day, a few summers ago, she took that nightstick and beat her mother and grandmother to death. All by herself. Yes, a family murder, so different motives come into play than in BK’s case. But she won’t give a motive.

She killed them, left them together in her grandmother’s house, stole their wallets and went to Atlantic City to gamble.
She was caught in NYC and is in prison.

Never ever ever would she sit down to answer a random survey and give descriptive and narrative details as to how she felt and how she planned and why she killed her own mom and grandma. She has no interest at all in some cogent explication of her thought process.

How did she have the strength to murder two older women at once? Why would she? This was a female, wealthy grandparents, father a cop, had two children of her own. Not the typical profile.

And still no one knows why.

I cannot see Bryan getting many answers to his survey and I think his quest was to satiate a desire to feel what murderers feel, rather than a serious scholastic effort into research.

I also don’t expect him to ever give a straight answer as to why he destroyed these four lives.

JMO and experience.

I mean BK does ask if anyone else was arrested. This seems to be glazed over just cuz LE said only 1 suspect. We know LE lies about facts. They said 3-4am for the longest knowing it was much later by X's TikTok and Doordash which they prolly have Nov13th -14th moo
It is interesting to think of this scenario, especially given the 5 guys (some of thought they were undercover) who went in and out the house in December without gathering anything we could see. If they don't want the search warrant seen right now, it is possible there is a continued undercover investigation they want to protect. I do wonder if the 12 times he was in the area had to do with maybe dealing in the area to make a little extra money. There were a LOT of mentions in MSM that this was the place to buy drugs. Perhaps he's the easiest screw to turn to break a bigger case.

Or, it could be that the general public has been so crazy and intrusive that they don't feel like they can adequately protect all the innocent parties involved unless they control the flow of information going public.

I agree he was likely waiting for lights out. I think he wanted the advantage of a sneak attack without confrontation, and imo, he used the darkness and a giant knife to achieve this. I don't find his 3:29 - 4:04 back and forth odd considering that we know at least X was awake and had ordered DD. I doubt she was sitting in the dark waiting for them to arrive, and I don't think BK was going to enter through the sliding glass door into a lit kitchen/house. I'm also wondering if X had the porch light on for DD. If anything, I think his half-hour of driving back and forth by the house before the murders suggests his resolution to carry through with it that morning.

What I find most odd about his circling around the neighborhood some 3-4x, parading in front of various cameras, is that most people who are suddenly seized with an uncontrollable emotion find that the feeling disappears, usually over half an hour. He left home just before 3 am and still hasn't simmered down by 4 am?

This is no ordinary rage event, IMO. He was doing something very high risk for which he seems to have prepared, at least somewhat.

I agree completely that his resolve was to carry out this deed, that morning. He had resolved to do it. For me, this is a kind of cold emotion (resolve; devotion to an abstract high risk plan included).

It's as if it was a personal point of honor or a self-prescribed assignment that he had to carry out, regardless of whether he was caught (which he didn't wish to be, but of course he blew that part of it pretty well).

IMO, is it possible that BK was looking for somebody other than the roommates?

What difference would it make? He is being charged with breaking into a home and killing 4 people so even if he found himself in the wrong home, there was no need to kill them.

It doesn't seem like anybody was threatening him so I wuold suggest that all he had to do was aplogize for breaking in through a sliding door and exit promptly.

I lived in a large condo building and my youngest walked into the unit next to mine and the nice folks having supper gave him a puzzled look, he apologized, explained where he should have been and assured them it would never happen again but at no time did he feel that he needed to kill anybody in the condo to ease his public embarrassment.

I am curious why you are so eager to believe that BK is somehow not responsible. Can you speak to his character in some way?

It always concerns me when we take something mentioned in passing as fact and it evolves to become a given fact. I realize that a distant family member claimed that BK was a vegan a number of years ago but I don't believe that there has been any documented verification that he is still vegan or that it was anything more than a passing phase.

I have wondered whether or not the humiliation of the students confronting him about his grades (facilitated by the professor) was the spark moment that moved him from stalking to killing (MSM reports early on after his arrest with students from his class interviewed.) After the murders everyone got 100s, no more tough grades, and he seemed less uptight.

He was an outsider. He didn't have friends. He was playing the part of the high expectations TA. He was humiliated by all of these college students who partied and seemed to have the life he was stalking at the U of I Moscow. With these murders he scared them all---terrified them. Finally, he was in power again but for a different action.
I agree, don't think he planned murder as an intellectual exercise, It feels more like the exploding pressure cooker. Once the countdown began, he was powerless to stop it.
I don’t think he was worried about it at all. I think we’re going to find he already has an explanation for being there and for multiple trips there. It may even be that his earlier trips to that area had nothing to do with the murder victims, at least at first - it could be how he ‘found’ them.

I think he was completely focused on not leaving any DNA/fingerprint evidence or living witnesses knowing that without that, it would be difficult to make a case against him. If there’s not more DNA evidence or if the existing gets thrown out for any reason, and he has a plausible reason for being there that he can prove…combined with no cuts or bruises on him…then the case against him is much weaker, in my opinion.
I think given the activity level/energy output required to butcher 4 people, there's likely a lot more dna the prosecutor has that will incriminate Mr. Kohberger. The jumping around he must have done to grasp his victim, stumbling in the dark; there are many scenarios I see him leaving dna during his murders.

The PCA says BK was spotted on the cameras at Albertsons around 1 am the night/morning of the murders, and that he walked through the store and purchased unknown items.

By watching on survelliance cameras, I'm surprised they can't figure out -- with a good deal of certainty -- just what he bought in the store that night.
I thought he drove to the Albertson’s in Lewiston the day after the murders

Wouldn't it make more sense for him to park somewhere nearby but off the actual street, walk to the shelter of the trees behind the house, sit down and chill whilst waiting for the lights to go out though? Easier to review his plans and nurse his resolution whilst not also navigating those neighbourhood streets, with the added bonus of lessening the chance of turning up on CCtv?

Well, yes.

With just this one detail, we see the way his thought processes/personality are pulling him into a certain path. He would have been *much* better off figuring out how to use trails and the wood line to hide his approach to the house (as opposed to driving his car in circles around the neighborhood 4 times, getting got on multiple cameras and then pulling into the actual parking lot of the house - which, even though invisible to cameras - was the only place he could be without reappearing on a camera. again).

So he didn't suss out his trail into the house. The ways in which he could have improved his crime, just around this one issue, are mindblowing to me. He should have left his phone at home. Then, he should have parked any number of places (earlier in the evening) than right outside the house and walked to the house.

But he didn't. So, I think that car is his little personal shell. I don't know how long he has had the car, but it is his portable personal (psychological) armor and he could not manage, somehow, without driving it right up to the murder scene. He didn't think to disguise the lack of a front plate (easily done). He needed that car to keep him less anxious, somehow.

And THEN, he turns his phone back on some 20 minutes later, heading south out of Moscow. Why?? He turns it off as he approaches Moscow, then turns it back on as he leaves after murdering 4 people, which is very suspicious.

Something compelled him to do this crime in this particular way. I almost want to say he did the best he could do, but he couldn't function with that phone and that car. Basically, he was very dependent upon them, they are practically part of him.

Ssshhh!! Let's Keep PAPER MAPS to Ourselves.
[/QUOTE]
... I feel this dude couldn't navigate around Idaho without a smart phone. Definitely JMO.
snipped for focus @10ofRods
I hope info like this does not leak to the criminally minded:
"PRINTED ROAD MAPS* commonly include an index of cities and other destinations found on the map; smaller-scale maps often include indexes of streets and other routes..."

If criminals knew they could navigate to and from crime scenes w The Way of The Ancients, printed maps, who knows how many would evade suspicion, detection, prosecution, & conviction. imo

I thought he drove to the Albertson’s in Lewiston the day after the murders

Clarkston, I believe.

IMO, yet another reason (set of reasons) BK could have decided to commit the murders in Idaho -- likely to escape the death penalty if he got caught. JMOO

He won't necessarily escape the penalty, Idaho is working very hard to get hold of the means to do their executions and I think the means of execution is not strictly a matter of law. Other states, finding the same problem as Idaho, are modifying their mode of execution (all modes of execution so far have been approved by the Supreme Court, btw).

Washington has no DP. If he wanted to avoid it, that would have been a better option. I personally think he wants to be a Death Row inmate (at some level in his psyche).

The TapATalk messages are actually helpful here. He describes himself as "mean" to his family and says at one point he was "violent" and "unjustified" in his treatment of his well-meaning father. He says everyone hates him and he has no friends, as he is irritable and obnoxious. He says he's basically the worst "advertiser censored"-hole. He says he looks at his family and feels nothing. That they look like "bags of meat" (or sacks of meat, can't remember exactly). He has no feelings towards himself and thinks there's something profoundly wrong with his brain.

There are several youtubes you can find that have scrolling visuals of most of these posts, as obviously, they are striking.

While he says he has no feelings, my interpretation is that irritability is a feeling, aggressive obnoxiousness involves feelings, and cold disdain toward others is, in fact, a feeling (part of the limbic system). I think he was taught that "feelings" must encompass such things as love, joy or happiness (which he does not feel).

At any rate, there's a lot to be known about BK if one chooses to look into his copious past writings (including Pappa Rodger and InsideLooking and Criminology_Student, all of which have been mentioned in MSM and the contents of which can be found multiple places around the web).
ITA, for someone who is 'dead', feels nothing.....he surely does talk a lot about it. Hah

I think he's tried to play a part of some deep, dark SK or bad. bad man. I don't believe it's his true feelings of himself, hell I doubt BK truly even knows who he is or what he feels, a chameleon.

The one thing I do know, he is an accused defendant in the murder of 4 innocent victims and that makes him a coward, bully, killer, hater and all of the things he endlessly pontificates upon.

Go away BK, go away and be forgotten, you've left nothing of significance to be remembered by, only destruction and pain.

MOO

#Justice4E,X,M,K

A lot of speculation on here about the vegan diet linking BK to the house, if he is guilty. Really, that is not the only link they might have had. In fact, it is probably the weakest of all of them (IMO)

However, there are a lot of other things they may have had in common:
Bars
Drugs (he sells to them, or he goes to their neighborhood to buy, or many other scenarios here)
Gyms
Friends of friends
Getting cars serviced and waiting endlessly in the waiting room, chatting
Dogs (did he ever walk a dog, volunteer to walk dogs, hang out at dog parks?)
Jogging
Coffee (Dutch Bros has plenty of plant based milks).
A hiking club or some other outdoor meetup

The list is actually endless. Think of how many people you know and how you came to know them and you will see how easily they may have come across each other. They might have actually known each other on several levels without being in each other's phones.

Whenever I read someone saying this poor young man is the victim of a rush to judgement, I want to remind them the events leading to his arrest included hundreds of hours work by the most highly skilled members of law enforcement . He wasn't arrested on a whim. There was solid evidence saying he is the murderer. If he says he's not, a trial gives him a chance to be exonerated.

I mean, I'm following the Ana Walshe case, and her husband literally searched for "how to dispose of a 115-pound woman's body" and went to Home Depot for the murder pack (bleach, mops, buckets, tarps) after she disappeared. BK is more book smart than street smart, but after reading about Walshe's husband, while BK might not be a criminal mastermind, he's not a blithering idiot.
Thank God for Home Depot and Walmart store surveillance, they've single handedly put away more killers than I can count.

What I find most odd about his circling around the neighborhood some 3-4x, parading in front of various cameras, is that most people who are suddenly seized with an uncontrollable emotion find that the feeling disappears, usually over half an hour. He left home just before 3 am and still hasn't simmered down by 4 am?

This is no ordinary rage event, IMO. He was doing something very high risk for which he seems to have prepared, at least somewhat.

I agree completely that his resolve was to carry out this deed, that morning. He had resolved to do it. For me, this is a kind of cold emotion (resolve; devotion to an abstract high risk plan included).

It's as if it was a personal point of honor or a self-prescribed assignment that he had to carry out, regardless of whether he was caught (which he didn't wish to be, but of course he blew that part of it pretty well).

Might have been to get to KG since she was back in town? Just a guess.....

Ssshhh!! Let's Keep PAPER MAPS to Ourselves.
snipped for focus @10ofRods
I hope info like this does not leak to the criminally minded:
"PRINTED ROAD MAPS* commonly include an index of cities and other destinations found on the map; smaller-scale maps often include indexes of streets and other routes..."

If criminals knew they could navigate to and from crime scenes w The Way of The Ancients, printed maps, who knows how many would evade suspicion, detection, prosecution, & conviction. imo

I teach a lab class that has a unit on using maps. It is like pulling teeth. I end up having to project a Google map of our campus in order to show them that maps typically put the orientation as North by default (they don't know this) and that the opposite direction is always South (half of them do not know this). And so on. I point out that the actual size of each building is accurately to scale, so their own maps must be accurate as possible (etc).

We do a campus "scavenger hunt" using a paper map. Oh my. Well, after that assignment everyone realizes that teamwork is important and that the 5-6 excellent map readers should be split up and assigned to different teams.

All that being said, some people just really suck at navigation and others seem naturally gifted in that area. Some people tell me they get lost very easily. Some of my students are still being dropped off at campus by grandma or another family member. If I choose several well known locales near campus and ask them to map them onto a properly oriented map, it's almost impossible for them to do from memory. What's the closest way to get to the beach? They don't know, they would usually just consult Google. How many miles is it to the beach, approximately? Some know, most are wild guesses. If I ask everyone to stand up and face the direction they believe to be South, there will be varied responses, with people guessing who is right and then mimicking that person (who is often wrong). It doesn't help that the local freeway onramp that's closest labels the directions "northbound and southbound" when in fact, right where that offramp is, it's actually East/West traffic for a few miles.

I am thinking BK is not one of the navigationally gifted. I don't think he knew better than to tailgate. I don't think he's spatially aware. Or temporally aware (aware of how many times he made the same mistake in an hour, for example).

View attachment 395730

What was BK doing over on the 700 block of Indian Hills Drive at 3:26 a.m? It looks like a residential neighborhood.

It’s a scary thought he was casing another home :/.

Or, he was psyching himself up to do the killing, talking to himself, a pep talk, ugh.

Solitary confinement is isolation without human contact for 22-23 hours per day. That's not going to produce "loneliness"; solitary can have devastating psychological and emotional consequences.
As far as solitary , actually I was thinking for his own protection !

He should have thought about consequences when he allegedly committed these crimes.
Sounds tough to say ... but my comment is directed at the perp only.

There are families of four young people who will never hear their voices again.
This was a brutal crime, and I do not know how the families can get out of bed each day and go on with their lives.
The grief must be paralyzing.

Tbh, BK actually has a life, even if limited.
He should be grateful --if convicted-- no matter what happens.
Even if he gets the ultimate punishment, he'll still most likely die when he's an old man.
It doesn't seem fair.
M00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads