ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022 ****Media Thread**** NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN Nov 22, 2022 PM
Updates- Police Response, Statements of LE and public confidence and safety
”targeted and isolated” “crime of passion” public rumors
Aaron Snell interview, FBI Experts weigh in re calming public
36 person police force, 7 years since last murder

Updated: 5:46 PM PST November 22, 2022

MOSCOW, Idaho — The Moscow Police Department (MPD) will hold a press conference on Wednesday to update the public on the investigation into the four University of Idaho students who were found dead in a home near campus on Nov. 13.

Wednesday's press conference will take place at 1 p.m. PST at the U of I Alumni Lounge of the Idaho Central Credit Union (ICCU) Arena, located at 900 Stadium Drive, in Moscow, Idaho.

KREM 2 will be attending the conference to bring you the latest updates on the case. You can watch the conference live on KREM.com, KREM 2+ and on the KREM YouTube.com channel.

Nov 23, 2022 Daily Mail article

Blueprints of the home with locations of deceased
PIctures of home, students, investigation
Interview with JV (big guy in brown cap and coat in video) who was at Corner Club and GrubTruckers
“dark four door sedan drove up and a guy got out and said Hurry Up!”

Last edited:

11/24/22

In the absence of any obvious culprit, law enforcement has turned to the public for help. Moscow police have repeatedly asked for anyone with any potentially relevant information, videos or photos to contact them.

“No bit of information is too small and every tip will be pursued,” Moscow police Chief James Fry said.

Reasons why information does not get released

"Mauro said Saturday evening that in addition to protecting the integrity of the investigation, the scarcity of key details that have been released to the public could lead investigators to swiftly find a suspect.

"‘If and when they get a suspect, and are able to question them, then the police can ask them questions and see if they know details that have not been released to the public," Mauro said."

Updated Nov. 27, 2022 at 8:13 pm

MOUNT VERNON — A group of Ethan Chapin’s friends gathered Wednesday to plant the first “Ethan’s Smile” garden.

The idea of a memorial tulip garden to honor Chapin, one of four University of Idaho students killed Nov. 13, was that of friend Chase Gardner.

Gardner said that although those planting the tulips knew each other from school, they really became friends while working in the tulip fields.

The first garden is located near the “MV” under the southbound Interstate 5 onramp at Kincaid Street.

The tulips planted will bloom yellow and white. Gardner said they will be known as “Ethan’s Smile.”

“It means a lot to me to have something to remember him by,” Gardner said. “You can see the beauty of his smile in the tulips.”

The group of Chapin’s friends from both school and the tulip fields came together to plant the tulips with the help of Tulip Valley Farms co-founder Andrew Miller.

When instructing the group on how to plant the tulips, Miller told them, “It doesn’t have to be perfect because there’s no way Ethan would have done it perfect.”

Isaac Donovan said Chapin’s work at Tulip Town was something Chapin took pride in, so planting tulips was the perfect way to memorialize him.

“I feel like Ethan as a person would have put down anything he was doing to come do something like this,” Donovan said. “It’s only right we do it for him.”

Ariah Macagba worked with Chapin at Tulip Town.

“I just think that Ethan played a really big part in how we all met,” Macagba said. “Where he was was always a really positive place to be. It was like, ‘Oh, Ethan’s going to be at work today, then so will I.'”

King 5 news video at link below:

11/28/22

Idaho Quadruple Murders: Everything We Know So Far​

ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022 ****Media Thread**** NO DISCUSSION​

Brian Entin talks with prosecutor.

Videos from twitter combined.

Link

Brian - Do you know, inside the house whether the victims doors were locked in to their individual rooms?.

Prosecutor - I don't know that.

Brian - Were any of the victims found outside of their beds?. Like is it possible some of the victims were not sleeping?.

Prosecutor - As far as the victims who are deceased, I can't say for sure and that would be one of the details that the investigators would want to protect, because very few people would know the exact location of the victims in the house.

Brian - Do you know, were any messages left behind in the house, like almost symbols from the killer?. Because sometimes, in other cases, you know, if it was like a fetish killing, they would leave something on the body or write something on the wall. Is there anything like that?.

Prosecutor - I'm not aware of anything like that.

Brian - Could drugs be involved in all of this?.

Prosecutor - I've not heard that there's any suspicion that drugs played a role in the killings.

Brian - So, not like a drug deal gone bad or something like that?.

Prosecutor - I'm not aware of anything like that, no.

Link

Brian - One thing that we've been told is that this was targeted, that's one word that's come up, targeted. Can you shed anymore light on that because even with the students and some of the victims families, they've almost been frustrated by that. Not really knowing what what that means.

Prosecutor - It seems like the word targeted has had different understandings for different people who are listening and perhaps isn't the best word to use. The bottom line is, whoever is responsible for this is still at large. That can't be changed. My understanding is the investigators believe that whoever's responsible was specifically looking at this particular residence. But that's all that they can offer at this point.

Brian - Can they say whether they were looking at a particular.. whether the person responsible was looking at a particular individual?.

Prosecutor - I don't think they can say that at this point. They're still.. that's part of the investigation, is trying to determine who might have been the target.

Link

Brian - Are there persons of interest of people that the investigators are looking at?.

Prosecutor - I think it's fair to say that there have been people of interest to the investigators and everyone that they've identified so far they've been able to exonerate. Perhaps exonerate isn't the best word, but they've been able to eliminate them as being an actual suspect. And we do not have a name of a person or persons who are actual suspects. That's what they're focusing on still.

Brian - So, there's not someone behind the scenes that you secretly know about that you're just waiting on one more piece of evidence or one more piece of DNA and then boom, this will be settled?

Prosecutor - I can tell you that we don't.. I'm not aware of any single person with a name that we're focusing on, the investigators are focusing on.

Brian - Okay, so it could be a while?.

Prosecutor - It could be, or it could break open anytime.

(Brian talking to viewers)

That is obviously not what people in this community and what the victims families want to hear right now. There has been this hope that behind the scenes police were making a lot of progress and that perhaps they had seen a suspect on surveillance video, something that just wasn't released to the public. I'm told that is not the case. The prosecutor telling me they have no video of the suspect that he knows of.
A couple of new nuggets I got from law enforcement today - they say there's no evidence at this point that drugs were involved at all in the killings and you've heard them say that this was a targeted murder. I am told by the prosecutor that they don't have any evidence of which victim was specifically targeted. They just feel the house in general was targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member