ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh...so far behind.

He reported to be a late night runner. Wonder if he had caches set up where he dumped weapon and clothing right after the crimes?
If they're able to get his phone and/or its data, he might have fitness tracking/mapping apps that could narrow down weapon/evidence search locations for LE.

For those wondering about Idaho's program for death penalty certified public defenders, there's information at this link:

It also includes a roster of those qualified in the state.

The county of the trial (Latah?) doesn't need to have their own DP certified public defender. Murder is covered by state statutes, so attorneys can probably be assigned from anywhere in the state. At least that's the way it works in OH.

So will we be able to access the PCA by then too? I hope so.

I think that the only thing that would be likely to delay it would be if BK’s attorney fought releasing it.

Chief Fry said in Friday’s press conference that they could release it as soon as BK had his first hearing in an Idaho court. And the hearing seems to be mandated to be within 24 hours of his arrest. (Not counting weekends or holidays.)

"But what about all the reports of heroin use being the reason, or contributing to, the extreme weight loss? Has that been discounted? I thought it was AFTER he lost the weight is when he changed 180° with his attitude and started doing the running, boxing, and even the bullying, no?"

This^^^ question was brought over from closed thread ....

From my understanding, he lost the weight during summer before his senior year. He did so by running and boxing and so I doubt he was doing heroin at that time.

And he did well with grades in his senior year and continued with running and boxing and was very aggressive towards others. I would suspect the use of meth or similar drugs as opposed to heroin at that time.

But he apparently told others it was heroin---but I am not convinced

[I will go find that article and link it here]

For those wondering about Idaho's program for death penalty certified public defenders, there's information at this link:

It also includes a roster of those qualified in the state.

The county of the trial (Latah?) doesn't need to have their own DP certified public defender. Murder is covered by state statutes, so attorneys can probably be assigned from anywhere in the state. At least that's the way it works in OH.
Great post, thanks - have been wondering about this part.

Question for those familiar - in this situation would they assign a public defender based on proximity, or is the whole state fair game? I imagine this will be a very long trial prep and trial process, would be unfortunate for a PD team from far away to have to stay in hotels that whole time.

I believe if I were being hauled off from my parents' home in the dead of night by LE out of the clear blue and I had done nothing wrong, I would say things like, "Whaaaat?!?!?" "What is this about?" "What's going on?" "I haven't done anything!" "You've got the wrong person!"

I might even say that same stuff if I were guilty. Lots of people do.

What I wouldn't say is something like (allegedly), "Has anyone else been taken into custody?"

What that sounds like to my prejudiced ear is 'Yeah, I did it, I participated, I sure did, but I want you to think, true or not, that I might not be the only one involved. I'm casual; I'm cool. What else you guys got?'

BK didn't scream you've got the wrong person; he asked do you have all the right people (including me)? At least that's how I hear it, but, again, my ear is not objective.

BK may have an enviable IQ but that doesn't mean he can't also be a dodo head at the same time. Or maybe that was a good thing to say strategy-wise, and I just need help to understand why.

However, to me, it appeared he wasn't all that invested in being seen as innocent, and his question came off a bit like an unintentional confession.

Why does everyone seem to be fixated on heroin use by BK? Is there a reliable source in MSM that I've missed?

Reliable source? Or just MSM? It has been reported and the links are near the end of the media thread by the following news organizations:

MSN, CNN, DM, NYP, Independent.co.uk, Yahoo news and others (NewsNation is another).

So yeah, it's reported, base on more than one interview/source - and one of those sources is NOT anonymous. No one in his family has denied it. It appears to be an open secret in his home peer group.

Up to you to decide whether those news organizations are misleading the public or not. It's a pretty serious thing for them to do (well the DM doesn't care, but I'd think CNN/MSN would want accuracy).

Anyway, I think the discussion is an interesting one. The choice of heroin as a drug is fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m00n_g0ddess