ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
will portions of the PCA be redacted?
This will depend on the length and content of the PCA.

Also, in the event the defense protests and files a motion requesting the court NOT immediately release the PCA, typically, arguments for and against will have to be heard prior to the court's decision to release the PCA to the public.

I'm way behind the rest of you folks and am just starting to try to catch up. Is there a discussion somewhere about the roommates telling 911 that someone was "unconscious"? Did they make that determination from outside a closed bedroom door? Does anyone have any info about that part of the case? Thanks!

There’s probably about 50 to 150 pages of discussion about that. Personally, I believe that, no matter what the 911 caller said, the ‘unconscious’ wording came from the 911 dispatcher—who shouldn’t let anyone but an authorized person make the determination that someone is ‘dead.’ They’re going to be ‘unconscious’ or ‘unresponsive,’ I believe.

MOO

Why does everyone seem to be fixated on heroin use by BK? Is there a reliable source in MSM that I've missed?
I believe there was a mention by a friend about a rehab stay earlier in these threads. And an Aunt spoke about his diet and being particular about not using pans that had not been used to cook meat. Also someone made an Incel speculation which has been shut down by the Moderator. Until we get more information, people will take a quote or something from earlier and talk about it endlessly. No offense intended. I am eager for the court appearance in Idaho where we will get probable cause information and hopefully something meaty to chew on. I don't post much but have been here since the Laci Peterson case and there is always lots of distraction while waiting for more substantive information.

I think the heroin use is a thing of the past. His good friend's sister said that in 2017 he appeared to be clean. If that is the case, it has been 5 years since he appeared to be clean.

People can recover from heroin use with no ill effects. It is also not stated if he was an addict, or a casual/recreational user.

Yes people can stop use, for short, long or even lifetime. But many are also extremely susceptible to return to opioid or opiate use as well as crime.

Brain imaging of addicts who are abstinent showy long term physical changes when it comes to receptors, and also long term neuro-biological effects on areas of brain governing decision making, impulse, and judgement

I'm way behind the rest of you folks and am just starting to try to catch up. Is there a discussion somewhere about the roommates telling 911 that someone was "unconscious"? Did they make that determination from outside a closed bedroom door? Does anyone have any info about that part of the case? Thanks!
might have been an "is she breathing?" "um!!! I don't think so" 911 operator tags as "unconscious"

I don't know how to rank the "hardness" of a drug (fentanyl is worse than heroin, IMO). A Harvard professor admitted 7 professionals into a study, in which he oversaw their heroin use. While meth or cocaine (which was still prescribable when I was in grad school) are often preferred by academics, heroin is the drug of choice of others. IME, people who are doctors, lawyers, psychologists (etc) are not immune from drug addiction, but it's often a stimulant. However, I personally know someone who used heroin during his undergrad years, got clean, eventually return to school, was about to get a master's when he started using again (and died of an overdose, after a personal tragedy sent him spiraling - we who know him believe he miscalculated his dose, after so many years of being clean).

I have a very good friend (an MD) who runs an evening methadone clinic about 5 miles from my house. These former heroin addicts come from all walks of life, including the professions. I also know people who never used heroin who are on methadone for its pain relief and anti-depressant qualities. There's a big body of literature on this. Naturally, these are medically supervised uses. In nations who decide to take that approach to heroin, IMO, things go better and addicts are less likely to commit crime.

Of course, the crime they usually commit (as mentioned already) is armed robbery or some other kind of theft.

Thanks @10ofRods insightful as always.

I’m basing my “hardness” factor on my own interpretation of public image of different drugs and happily admit I’m likely incorrect.

I find it fascinating people can function at such levels on drugs such as heroin. The last thing I want to do is give this guy any credit, but to go from a heavy drug (as in type, not amount as I get we don’t know that information) to clean, working and studying is an achievement, regardless of WHERE he got into College - I know there’s a lot of talk about how good/poor the Criminology program is regarded where he was studying, but the fact he was doing it at all is something.

Don’t everyone @ me now either… I already said I don’t want to give him any credit, but I’m recognising it for what it is IMO.

For anyone seeking information on the court procedures that will follow the suspects arrival in Idaho, the following link from the 4th Judicial District Court spells it out and is worth reading Criminal Case Process.

This link from the Idaho Supreme Court speaks to arraignment on indictment or information and is also worth reading Criminal Rule 10.

I have not found if the suspect has to be arrested by the MPD when he is returned in order to start the official process that will get him to the first appearance as stated in the first linked document so they can then set the arraignment hearing. I will keep looking and if anyone finds that information please post it.

"We hope ... they picked the right guy"

Moscow Police, ID State Police, and the FBI got a lot of criticism but have done a fabulous job. I bet they spent no time with their own families during the holiday because of working this case. Admire the dedication and praising LE for the work they did and will continue to do going forward.

Moreover, IMO, the press conference provided clear explanation and gave the public as much as they possibly could and layperson could understand. Affidavit is always sealed until initial appearance, when charges will be read to BK.
MOO

Is there a possibility he went in front of Judge today and is already headed back to Idaho? Just to throw off media?
No, court happenings are on public record. The record is very important (date, time, things said) in the event of any appeals and they can't "fake" it. I believe they could have denied media cameras/live coverage - but why bother, this is a procedural/paperwork type hearing and he is not fighting it.

Also today is a public holiday (NYD observance)

EXCLUSIVE: 'You come in here and I'll cut you.' Accused Idaho murderer Bryan Kohberger taunts guards, exposes himself and sings violent rap lyrics as he sits in jail awaiting extradition​

EXCLUSIVE: 'You come in here and I'll cut you.' Accused Idaho murderer Bryan Kohberger taunts guards, exposes himself and sings violent rap lyrics as he sits in jail awaiting extradition​

I'm not too sure about this one. They housed him in the same block with female detainees?

Even thought there is no evidence whatsoever that a survivor or one of the people who came over fainted, that has become a strange repeated rumor.
This I think is a reflection of "hindsight fallacy." We know the people not answering the two doors being knocked on were victims of a gruesome mass murder, but, think about it: how high would that scenario have been on on the list of what the surviving roommates thought was the reason their knocks were not being answered? They may have assumed the victims were alcohol poisoned, (a profoundly more likely scenario according to the stats). And even if seeing some hints of more, say a few bloody footprints, or handprint, they would I think more likely surmise someone drunk had hurt themselves, than leap to a conclusion of foul play. So it makes perfect sense that they might answer "yes" when 911 dispatcher, on a script, asked if who they were referring to was unconscious, or unresponsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop