ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Moscow Idaho Prosecutor, Bill Thompson going to prosecute the case against BK? I hope they bring in someone from Boise who has more experience.
Thompson is the County Prosecutor. I'm not from Idaho, but since he is an elected official, he probably can't be replaced unless he asks to be. This case is his. He can, and most certainly will ask for, and receive, assistance from the State. But I suspect he will remain in control all the way. That is what he is elected to do.

I don't think it's related to his crimes at all. I just think it is something this uni needs to be aware of & look into. If the student's account is correct.
I'd like to know more about the precise timing of this event, because I think it's possible that it could have influenced the timing of the murders. (To be clear, I think he had formed intent to kill and had identified his target(s) before this occurred). However, I can imagine BK would experience acute humiliation in this situation, especially given his prior strong reaction to the intervention by the bar owner in PA. I think it's at least plausible that this could have prompted him to accelerate his timeline.

Now I haven’t gotten all excited about looking at Bryan’s skin so far, but check out his wrist and hand (right) in this picture of TMZ’s pic. Is that just picture shadow?
Well, I did notice he has nice skin in those close up pics. I think it's a shadow in the traffic stop photo.

1672786961177.png

Another thing working against BK. Say he is innocent. He would obviously be well aware of the homicide, esp since he studies this stuff. Then they put out the information on a white Elantra on 12/7, and you happen to drive a white Elantra. Wouldn't most innocent people in their right mind, given they live that close, just touch base with LE and say "hey, I drive a white Elantra, and I'd like to check my name off your list" or whatever.

He was arrested over a month after the murders. Scratches can heal up within that time- assuming his victims were able to do this.

As we know, noone came forward yet to say that they saw BK with scratches on his face in the days after the murders: not his professors, not his students, neighbourghs, the cashier at the corner shop, the cleaner at the uni.

So, that may be a challenge for the prosecutor team.

Would they really be allowed to do that? Hard for me to believe it.

MOO and I am not a lawyer
I am not a lawyer either, but that's exactly what they did with Darlie Routier. She was charged for murder in the deaths of both her sons, but was only tried for the murder of one of them (Damon). She got the death penalty for killing Damon and was never tried at all for killing her other son Devon.

And just like this case the victims were killed at the same time, in the same act. I found it interesting at the time that they handled Routier's case like that because it struck me as a little double jeopardy-ish but it's apparently legal. If they had failed to get the conviction for the murder of Damon they could have brought her right back and tried her for the murder of Devon. Routier has challenged her case every possible way imaginable over the last 25 years and she is still sitting on death row.

It's been about 20 years since I researched the issue but I've never found anything that expressly forbids the court from holding 2 (or 4) separate trials instead of just 1. I don't have the time to go down that rabbit hole again but maybe one of the lawyers here could weigh in on the issue. I'd be interested in the answer to this. My opinions only.

Just speculating.

A professor at DeSales who taught BCK in his master's program is very connected to BTK (wrote a book about/with him, corresponds with him).

Whether BCK has had any contact with BTK is unknown. But the potential is there. Very likely this prof shared her inside knowledge about BTK with her CJ students.

We don't know what we don't know. It could be something. It could be nothing.

But "birds of a feather flock together" so just dismissing any connection is unwise IMO.

Just one article connecting BCK's prof & BTK:

moo
And if IIRC, the professor and BTK co-authored a book. So the ties are strong, and I think this is why the daughter of BTK is so worried that BK may have had interaction with her father.

IMO presumption of innocence ended when LE tracked him from ID to PA and then arrested him with DNA evidence. But then, I'm not a judge or jury so I'm not bound to have any presumption either way. :)

This doesn’t come across as a “coincidental”pull over by police. Something in the officer’s voice leads me to think this was very intentional and that officer was well aware of who was in that car! MOO
Plus, found it strange the body cam footage showed nothing but the side of the car. Footage should have been full frontal with the subjects faces blurred for privacy reasons. JMO

Why would you want someone from another state who is not well versed in Idaho laws and statutes?

Thompson has been in his position for 30+ years and was at the crime scene every day for the first week while CSI was processing the evidence.
JMO he’s more than qualified to handle this case.
Mr. Thompson is experienced and well versed. However, he graduated from Idaho law school and has been local since then. This is a, "top-shelf" case. The killer will bring in the best defense in the USA (if not world) They will create reasonable doubt... they did with O.J. // Cosby walks free after guilty verdict /killer Skakel, the list goes on, as you know. No insult intended to DA Thompson and the amazing Idaho team. Support them 110% In an analogy, IMO, think a surgeon type is needed now, with the local team doctors to back him/them up ! 110% support from this sleuth from Oregon to Idaho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member