ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t recognize the name so looked it up. Loved Mindhunter. Kinda on the fence about profiling. Seems a lot like stereotyping. Anyway, here’s the Wikipedia entry.

He’s the guy who developed the profiling process, ran the FBI division….kinda nice to read something factual.

Something I noticed and it probably doesn't mean a thing, but E's obituary does not mention X at all. Usually, a girlfriend that someone is serious about, or living with would be mentioned?
I don't think it's that unusual .. they were just kids. Barely adults and iirc it's not like they were dating for a long time. Besides obituaries last forever, that's why it is typical to only include immediate family members.

LE Has repeadtly Stated This was targeted, I still feel like it was one of the girls, Am leaning toward K, She and her ex bf were on A mutual break, maybe She showed A little interest in someone knowing full well it wouldn’t go anywhere as her heart was committed to Her ex b.f The potential suitor figured this out in short time And felt used And slighted, in no way Am I blaming K, I think it’s normal for a young adult to be flirtatious toward someone else after a break up… I still think the answer to all this lyes with K And some unstable person who felt used and or slighted and struggles with rejection… I’m curious does anyone know How long K And Her ex b. f. Had been on a so called break from each other??

So ,I am having a really hard time with ,one motive being strong enough for murdering 4 people in the night like a ninja. I mean as examples in history of the large scale murders....like the recent wal mart shooting, or the Mcstay family murders, I know we all know the cases and this case is like the murder of Sharon tate by the manson family ,or the Ted Bundy fla murders. I am not calling it that but comparity it looks more like a serial killing type of thing than not. KWIM? I dont rely on this historical facts but family murders are the last example soo.. I am kinda waiting for something to tip one way or the other.
I agree, or the Danny Rolling murders in Gainesville in the 1990’s.
There was a mild mannered shy guy in Napa CA, Eric Copple, who stabbed two women to death on Halloween night and a third roommate heard a scream and ran outside and hid in the bushes. She actually saw him coming down the stairs but it was dark and couldn’t identify him.
They were friends with his girlfriend and he felt they were coming between them, which is just bizarre. To top it off, one of the murdered girls mother spoke at his wedding.
It took a year to solve which happened quickly when they finally revealed his limited edition brand of cigarette left at the scene.
CBS covers it in “Nightmare in Napa”.

You just never know about people.

I was berated when i brought up how intoxicated i thought they were and i was "victim blaming. Scoffs, i guess you have to black out drunk to get refused in a licensed premises for some.

Maybe they dog was running round doing zoomies and they wanted to call J?

But yes alcohol will play a big part in how someone will sleep but also some people could have a train drive through their room and not wake up. I'm a light sleeper so i wouldn't know...
I think they may have forgotten to lock the sliding door. Or if they didn't forget, they're attitude was, "Nothing happens here and that sliding door is pain to lock". I hate sliding doors and they are pain. If it was me, I could see myself leaving them unlocked....

I think they may have forgotten to lock the sliding door. Or if they didn't forget, they're attitude was, "Nothing happens here and that sliding door is pain to lock". I hate sliding doors and they are pain. If it was me, I could see myself leaving them unlocked....
I Should be more careful I seldom even lock my front Door, I Do have A friendly pit And He hears everything

Some homeless shelters… free food… but freaking cold
Homeless shelters and free food - not enough reason to try an international border, even if on the run from the law imho. And yeah it's cold in most of Canada this time of year.

MOO

My gut feeling is that the stabbing of the wife and husband last year is related to this case. It is an extremely rare murder for someone to come in the dead of night just to stab people to death, then leave With no motive, such as robbery. I think this person hunts and stalks his victims, then moves on To other victims. I don’t think this person is associated with the campus community, but has blended well to stalk and learn their habits. He might of even been at one of their house parties because he blends in so well.

People sometimes sleep with fans on to drown out any other noise in the house. With that many people in one house it could be something some of them did. Or they might watch netflix/youtube/tiktok on the phone to fall asleep to like my partner does.
For many years I slept to the sound of a white noise machine, because my wife breathed so loudly that I found it impossible to sleep otherwise. One of my greatest fears was that some emergency would happen while I was asleep (such as an intruder breaking in) and I wouldn't hear it.

I was berated when i brought up how intoxicated i thought they were and i was "victim blaming. Scoffs, i guess you have to black out drunk to get refused in a licensed premises for some.

Maybe they dog was running round doing zoomies and they wanted to call J?

But yes alcohol will play a big part in how someone will sleep but also some people could have a train drive through their room and not wake up. I'm a light sleeper so i wouldn't know...
yes the idea of victim shaming can “r e t a r d” (had to add spaces because this word can’t be used) the progress of any investigative work since it is 100% subjective. In this case there are several vialable avenues that will probably reveal the killer but we simply can’t talk about it. Now that is a shame.

I think many of us understand the families’ frustration with the police not telling them much about the investigation but agree that they shouldn’t share many details. I was surprised to learn from the FBI agent in Brian Entin’s Twitter Spaces that usually the officers and detectives that liaise with the families of the victims aren’t told a lot about the investigation so they don’t inadvertently tell them something they want to keep to themselves. Same with police spokespeople - they don’t have much information beyond generalities of the crime. Maybe everyone knew this, but I didn’t and thought it was interesting!
Wow I never knew/heard this before. That’s really interesting, I guess it does make some sense, too.

the weirdest thing about the dog to me, if it was preent, is that the killer left it alive; killer killed 4 humans no problem... but killer likes cute little dogs? IMO

Like Chris Watts, his whole family except their dog. I have no explination.

The dog being left alive isn’t unusual, IMO - especially if this someone who hasn’t done this before.

Most cases that involve a dog being killed along with its owner are those that are gang/cartel related. And that’s only because the person committing the crime views the dog as an obstacle or unknown variable that might slow them down or prevent them from achieving their ultimate goal. Of course, it also sends a message.

But again, that’s just my opinion.

I think many of us understand the families’ frustration with the police not telling them much about the investigation but agree that they shouldn’t share many details. I was surprised to learn from the FBI agent in Brian Entin’s Twitter Spaces that usually the officers and detectives that liaise with the families of the victims aren’t told a lot about the investigation so they don’t inadvertently tell them something they want to keep to themselves. Same with police spokespeople - they don’t have much information beyond generalities of the crime. Maybe everyone knew this, but I didn’t and thought it was interesting!
I'd double check. Just sayin'.

I don't know, but it bothers me that the FBI would be on this case. As consultants it's no problem, but being actively involved is something else.
Chief Fry is supervising the case, he has four MPD homicide detectives on it.
30 MPD officers responded to the scene after the 911 call, MPD has a total of 36 officers.
Moscow has a population of a bit over 25,000.
Besides the FBI, Chief Fry also brought in detectives from the Latah County Sheriff’s office and the Idaho State Police.

BBM
“Although the FBI is best known for investigating interstate and federal crimes, it is often brought in to assist smaller police forces when a crime of magnitude happens, as it has access to resources and technology a local force may not.”

FBI joins investigation into murder of University of Idaho students

*edited for clarity

Last edited:
some allude here that they were so drunk that they could not notice anything and make noise...

...but half an hour - an hour after they returned home k.g. called her ex-boyfriend several times from her cell phone and from her friend's cell phone.

Why the need to use a second phone to call the friend? Did KG's phone battery suddenly die? Did KG then use MM's phone because her phone died or was she thinking friend was not taking calls from her so KG called from MM's phone? Or was MM actually making the call because KG was incapacitated/not available..using bathroom, etc. I would hope that LE knows the reason the friend did not answer his phone and his alibi of course.

The university I went to had lockers.. also I actually knew a guy that carried a ‘Rambo knife’ with him all the time.. that was ways back.. I’m not from that area…so yep, my info could be off
If you’re over 21 you can carry a knife with up to a 6 inch blade in Idaho.
There are some restrictions, for example; schools k-12, declared mentally unstable, certain felons, using drugs..

Idaho Knife Laws

Google maps suddenly started acting weird for me. I used to be able to access street view by typing the address of the house. Now when I type the address, it points to the empty lot behind the house.
990A4B21-4819-4E81-BA1D-E789B94D80B1.jpeg
As you can see, the house number isn’t on the house anymore. It used to be. I spent a considerable amount of time studying that place in street view. It always worked fine. The address was pinned directly to the front door of the house, never the empty space behind it. All the other houses in the neighborhood work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003