ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, my take is the father is pleading to our common sense that K&M were the targets because “he didn’t have to go up the stairs” if they weren’t.

And the father implied that he paid for a second, private autopsy. JMO.
I don’t see that. I saw that he said paid for the funeral, but I haven’t seen mention of a second autopsy.

The pic where the door is made of glass panes is from a rental listing that was updated 2 weeks ago. There's plywood in the photo too. Guessing whoever lists this house is using an old photo that they keep on hand.
Google streetview shows the house with a solid door.
Wondering if there have been problems with break ins in the past.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-092556_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221204-092556_Chrome.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20221204-092711_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20221204-092711_Maps.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 59
Steve Goncalves clarifies his prior comments about "means of death" and how "he" didn't have to go up the steps. Yes, there was a difference between the attack on Kaylee vs. Maddie, and, having entered on the 2nd floor, SG believes one or both of the girls were targeted. The link is here:

Tears again. SG advocating for his daughter is great but painful to see. I loved that he mentioned he is not going to protect the University of Idaho and any new wave of students from this crime. I could see the UofI wanting this to go away as not to affect enrollment and SG won’t be silenced.

Honestly I’m starting to wonder if not providing the families with the alibi information is because said person hasn’t, in fact, been ruled out…
I would think that alibi information is confidential, except for legal proceedings in the future, if needed. Why would they share that information with any of the families?

The simplest explanation for me would be, for example (and I hate to be graphic), slitting the throats of the others to eliminate them quickly but attacking the targeted person.
this is what I believed from the beginning based on opinion about type of killing. E first, X next - just to get them out of the way - and then upstairs.

Perhaps not a second autopsy but certainly there was a comparison (either formal or informal) of the “means” of death.

Comparison by whom? SG or someone with professional expertise?

I assume that a grieving parent would find any small details of difference among the 4 deaths to be something to focus on and mull over. Large differences too.

"Steven and Kristi Goncalves recently spoke out about the murder of their daughter Kaylee as patience dwindles for the Moscow, Idaho police department three weeks into the unsolved killings. Dailymail.com has reached out to the police for comment.

Kaylee Goncalves, 21, Maddie Mogen, 21, Xana Kernodle, 20 and Ethan Chapin, 20, were all stabbed to death on November 13, likely while they were sleeping, according to the Latah County coroner. Police have not yet named any suspects, persons of interest or a motive in the case.

'I'll cut to the chase – their means of death don't match,' Kaylee's father, Steven Goncalves, told Lawrence Jones Cross Country on Saturday. He has said that Kaylee and Mogen were sleeping in the same bed when the attack occurred.

'Their points of damage don't match,' he added. 'I'm just going to say it. It wasn't leaked to me. I earned that. I paid for that funeral. … I sent my daughter to college. She came back in a box, and I can speak on that."

MOO
I owned a home with a sliding glass door going out to the back deck of my home. I would grill out there and every day, even in the winter I would go sit on the deck to relax and enjoy the wildlife. (unless it was below 20 degrees lol).
Well since I used the sliding doors so frequently, the handle that was metal with a wooden handle top, became loose after years of opening and closing. Towards the end, it became harder to push the door all the way closed to ensure the latch would lock. I finally had to have a contractor replace the handle to the door.
So with that said, is it possible that due to the frequent use of that sliding door, the same thing happened to that house and they just said forget about it we do not need to lock it or fix it right now?
I understand that a lock was fixed in either Xana's bedroom or the front door according to this article.

With so many people coming and going, surely some guests knew that the sliding door did not lock (moo).
Edited to add that maybe that is the reason why there were stools lying traverse in the sliding doors with evidence tape. the stools were used to ensure the door could not slide due to an inoperable lock MOO.

Also, MOO, there is no way that the killer did not know that there were 3 stories in that home, I find it hard to fathom that anyone would only see the back way with a drop off behind the home and no street that you can go down that leads to the back. (I am horrible with describing what I am thinking sorry but I hope I am making sense).
Even if someone was never in the home before, how could anyone miss the fact that there are 3 stories? I doubt that the killer(s) only ever saw the back of the home only.
My thoughts and my opinions only.

Last edited:
The pic where the door is made of glass panes is from a rental listing that was updated 2 weeks ago. There's plywood in the photo too. Guessing whoever lists this house is using an old photo that they keep on hand.
Google streetview shows the house with a solid door.
Wondering if there have been problems with break ins in the past.

very interesting
so it's possible that the front door was changed to solid very recently.

or when you say ' old photo to hand' do you mean that this photo with glass door is in fact a very old photo?
( it's photographed in the fall, the same red vehicle)

Tears again. SG advocating for his daughter is great but painful to see. I loved that he mentioned he is not going to protect the University of Idaho and any new wave of students from this crime. I could see the UofI wanting this to go away as not to affect enrollment and SG won’t be silenced.
Yeah my heart goes out for the guy. My girls are little still at five and nine. I don't know how I'd go on if something happened like this to one of them.

This case will be solved. He won't stop until it is.

By steps I also think K's dad was referring to whatever intermediary or victims right advocate or District Attorney office rep that has been put between the family and the lead detective on the case. He seems to trust the officers, that they are working on this. IMO, he feels it's these lower level people, "lawyer types" who "don't have the guts" to say something publicly that may be wrong and he's pissed. He doesn't understand why that person has to "go up steps" or "a chain of command" to release what he feels is basic information on the nature or means of the murders to the family. In his mind, he's paid for these funerals, he knows the damage isn't on the same level, and he wants someone in authority to come out and say it. All imo.

They put certain people between you and the officers that are making things happen. And those people are like lawyers and they don't want to say anything and they don't have the guts to come up and be alpha and be like leaders and say, 'hey, we might say something that's wrong, we're going to take that hit'. So the officers, they looked me straight in their eyes, the lead detective look me in his eyes. I have no doubt he's working as hard as he can, but somebody isn't communicating. There's nothing being released.

Lawrence said something last night in regards to his source on this case and the morning they were found. He said he was told that a surviving roommate and frat guy actually saw one of the victims. SG said he didn’t know anything about that and it was just dropped. Is that correct?

BBM…and that likely means they would share less info with Maddie’s family too, since they’re so close. Is that fair to Maddie’s family?

LE typically doesn’t share that much information with family during an ongoing investigation so I’m sure that very much part of his frustration right now.

I don’t think either family should be punished in any way but at this time, I feel that K’s father seems to have a specific suspect in mind and he’s coming dangerously close to outing someone and someone needs to get it sorted out.

All I am saying is human nature is what it is and no individual member of LE is going to stick their neck out far enough to risk their job by being publicly cited on the evening news.

Anyone have any thoughts on what investigators are looking for in the mail mentioned here? "They needed me to sign a waiver for them so they could investigate something that was mail related."

Most obvious guess: he sent her something. I believe the killer became enchanted online, and I think time was running out, so I believe he may have upped his game. he may have toyed with her (K or M or both -but I think K, and I think around Halloween was the tipping point). As part of the upping, he may have sent her something to her physical address.

Maybe, I don’t know. I’ve just never seen a gag order on people talking about an investigation, it seems unconstitutional.
And the press is especially protected by the first amendment, the talking would get nowhere without the press to report it.
Imo, the gag order would be to keep people from ending up in the position of being charged with interfering with a case. (Obstruction of Justice). Which is worse for being able to actually convict someone: being told not to say something you know, or being convicted of obstruction of justice? Most people would even choose the former if it affects getting a conviction much less getting thrown in jail.

MOO
I owned a home with a sliding glass door going out to the back deck of my home. I would grill out there and every day, even in the winter I would go sit on the deck to relax and enjoy the wildlife. (unless it was below 20 degrees lol).
Well since I used the sliding doors so frequently, the handle that was metal with a wooden handle top, became loose after years of opening and closing. Towards the end, it became harder to push the door all the way closed to ensure the latch would lock. I finally had to have a contractor replace the handle to the door.
So with that said, is it possible that due to the frequent use of that sliding door, the same thing happened to that house and they just said forget about it we do not need to lock it or fix it right now?
I understand that a lock was fixed in either Xana's bedroom or the front door according to this article.

With so many people coming and going, surely some guests knew that the sliding door did not lock (moo).

Also, MOO, there is no way that the killer did not know that there were 3 stories in that home, I find it hard to fathom that anyone would only see the back way with a drop off behind the home and no street that you can go down that leads to the back. (I am horrible with describing what I am thinking sorry but I hope I am making sense).
Even if someone was never in the home before, how could anyone miss the fact that there are 3 stories? I doubt that the killer(s) only ever saw the back of the home only.
My thoughts and my opinions only.
I think the killer 'visited' previously. Potentially at night while they were there even, power and fun. I think he may have even made are the door was 'adjusted' so that it did not lock well.

Lawrence said something last night in regards to his source on this case and the morning they were found. He said he was told that a surviving roommate and frat guy actually saw one of the victims. SG said he didn’t know anything about that and it was just dropped. Is that correct?

That is information that hasn’t been made public nor should it be.

SG is so determined to solve this his own way, that there is a strong chance he would attempt to make contact with key witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PearlLemonLeadsUSA