ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, SG needs to stay out of the media. I fear the killer is watching and feeding off his pain. Imo.
I had that feeling, too, tonight.

The killer is watching every time Steve speaks. He is sitting there gloating, sadistically, enjoying the father's grief.

He is a coward, harming innocent unarmed kids in their sleep. He is a sneak, a thief, and a liar, and has been like that his whole life.

His sins will find him out.

I want the family to get an attorney, a spokesperson, an advocate, to help them navigate this. I understand their pain and they know things. They are on the outside and no one is telling them anything. They cannot understand that with everyone leaving their DNA, and digital fingerprints everywhere, that we are 3 weeks out and LE has no POIs, keeps clearing people and still seem no closer to finding the killer of these kids. He is being asked to be silent and he just doesn’t understand what difference what he says makes. His kid is in an urn next to her best friend and he is so angry.
I encourage him to keep speaking, if it somewhat helps his pain. Gives him some meaning to this tragedy. We don’t have a right to tell these families to sit down and stay quiet with what they’re going through. He is just being an advocate for his beloved girl, he doesn’t want this to be forgotten and he wants answers. My opinion only.

I feel the same. What I got from the interview was that K wasn’t a target and that the killer didn’t have to go up those stairs to get K & M as well. Telling the police to be “alphas” I think he meant to tell the truth who was targeted.
Interesting as this makes me wonder IF LE did release the "target" if it wouldn't direct in hyper focus the killer

The issue is that there are likely multiple witnesses to the discovery of the bodies, where they were located, and what, if any, distinguishing characteristics applied to each murder. Those folks are not likely to stay quiet for much longer if they continue to see the parents' frustrations with a lack of information about how, and perhaps even why, their children were killed.

My opinion.
LE can only keep so much secret. SG admits LE has asked him to be quiet. Doing what he is doing is not going to help find his daughter's killer and has the ability to cause great harm to the investigation. That is not what he wants, believe me. Imo.

He said, and I quote: “Their means of death don’t match.” Lawrence clarified that he’s talking about M and K, which he is. Then Lawrence says back “M and K’s cause of death…it does not match based on the autopsy report.” Both parents answer in the affirmative. Steve says “doesn’t match.”

THEN Steve, who seems unable to contain himself any longer says “he doesn’t have to go up the steps! Let’s stop playing games…” Then he repeats “He doesn’t have to go up the steps. Their points of damage don’t match.”

I don’t understand what any of that means…but it is a must watch.
In other words, the perp already killed the target and didn’t need togouostairs in the house.

LE can only keep so much secret. SG admits LE has asked him to be quiet. Doing what he is doing is not going to help find his daughter's killer and has the ability to cause great harm to the investigation. That is not what he wants, believe me. Imo.
Perhaps they have asked him to be quiet, but if SG is aware the investigation isn’t exactly going anywhere toward resolve currently, I understand his frustration and reason for speaking out. I don’t expect any of them to sit back and be quiet. If this were me, I’m obviously going to do my best not to jeopardise, but you also couldn’t stop me from speaking out if my grief was a raging fire like this. JMO

The issue is that there are likely multiple witnesses to the discovery of the bodies, where they were located, and what, if any, distinguishing characteristics applied to each murder. Those folks are not likely to stay quiet for much longer if they continue to see the parents' frustrations with a lack of information about how, and perhaps even why, their children were killed.

My opinion.
I respectfully disagree. I have an annoying-to-me unconscious pro-LE bias, but I also know several of the professionals involved & have known some of them for a very long time.

I use the word “professionals” very intentionally.

I would be shocked & deeply disappointed if any of them violated their professional ethics in that way.

JMVHO & fervent hope!

Go into a Big 5 Sporting Goods and you'll see a section of all kinds of of knifes like this. I hope they are indeed checking knife sales.

UGNp12etjX9pd-hhalzA5KOQwTNmpomNo3fNF5zS490.jpg
I'm still mystified why this knife could be the weapon and not for intance a "Cutco" knife, or similar. I initially took the "bruising" X's Dad described as rage thrashes, not the "hilt". So tearing thrashes opposed to sharp cuts. IMO

I respectfully disagree. I have an annoying-to-me unconscious pro-LE bias, but I also know several of the professionals involved & have known some of them for a very long time.

I use the word “professionals” very intentionally.

I would be shocked & deeply disappointed if any of them violated their professional ethics in that way.

JMVHO & fervent hope!

I'm not talking about the professionals! :)

Live in a a small, 10,000 or less, affluent community ( not me!), and have not locked my doors in over 15 years.
Snipped for focus.
What was that address again, pls? Asking for a friend.
^^^JUST KIDDING.^^^
But my door locking practices were instilled before the Charles Manson era. As early as the 1960s in our "Leave It to Beaver" middle class, suburban subdivision, my parents faithfully kept doors locked. It seemed to be the norm for most everyone there, at least at night. Same thing about seat belts use back then: "Kids, the car does not move until everyone is buckled up."
Maybe it was all the engineer, scientist, & chemist-parents living in the neighborhood. Or mass paranoia? Or coulda been something in the water? IDK.

Hoping our sleuthers stay safe, where ever they are.
Back to the tragic events in Moscow.

Last edited:
I just watched the clip of Kaylee’s parents probably 10 times at this point.

The following is solely my interpretation:

From what I gathered and inferred through context is that I think SG seems to be referring to the “steps” LE have to go through to offer the family information— In the middle of it he was pleading for someone to “step up” and lead the case it sounded like to me.

So, within the context of his comments, LJ and her parents were talking about LE’s different misstatements throughout the course of the investigation.

SG finally just said out of frustration that he’s just going to say it— say the girls, Kaylee and Maddie died by different “means” [of death].

Then LJ basically asked for clarification and how they feel about the different statements to them and the public by LE regarding the case and this is when he begins talking about the different means of death and asking for someone in LE to “step up” and also saying he doesn’t want to do this and don’t make him do this— I think at this point, it’s apparent he’s talking to LE about the case and specifics only he and they know about and will possibly release more info if no one helps answer his questions? *Definitely not an accusation by me at all, just my objective summation of the interview.

He’s obviously painfully frustrated and I couldn’t imagine what they’re going through.

On the other hand, (just stating my thoughts) LE might have been withholding their different manners of death specifically if they find a suspect or if someone confesses, falsely or otherwise. I could also see how this would be not great for the case in the long run.

It’s really unfortunate and heart breaking. Both sides are upset I am sure and both have a right to be, clearly, for different reasons.

I wouldn’t want to be in any of their shoes and they have my utmost sympathy.
* In the middle of typing this, I just decided to transcribe the part about “the steps” spoken by SG on the show, so, the exact exchange can be found below. I summarized and quoted some of the interview before they all began talking specifically about that to also give complete context.

(Sorry to quote myself but I just watched the beginning of the interview and now I’m absolutely certain within context, IMO,
SG was talking about the frustration by the lack of communication with him and LE.)

LJ also begins the show on site outside of the Idaho PD, with Kaylee’s parents with him. He asks them about their mounting frustration with LE, and they say they have no doubt LE is doing their best, but, basically feel like they are Kaylee and Maddie’s advocates and alludes to the reasons for no “Wanted” posters because that would discourage prospective students coming for “Rush” to want to stay while (there is an unknown attacker on the loose).

SG says, “It seems like they are suppressing the story, we want to put rewards out and they’re like don’t do that. I get it, your town doesn’t want to have Reward posters posted all over when you come and you do your Rush. You’re not gonna get a lot of students if you see those things. But, this community is not going to heal until this guy is pulled off the streets... He has to be off the streets.”

SG says that LE have put people, “like lawyers that make things happen and they don’t want to say anything because they don’t have the guts to come up and be like alpha and like leaders and say, ‘Hey, we might say something that’s wrong, but we’re going to take that hit.’”

*SG does refer to someone as “He” as he does later on when talking about going up the steps during the quoted part below.

SG says he can’t speak on the other families’ behalf, but, he wants to not be a “glory hound” but to keep the media spotlight on the murders and he taught his kids not to be victims, but to go get things done if they need doing, basically. *IMO he almost openly alludes the deaths and the publication of them are not good for the city as a whole and he implies that’s maybe some of the reason maybe police aren’t talking more [because it hurts the town and the reputation of the college].

LJ tees up the next question (*This is the transcribed direct exchange):

LJ: “I had the opportunity to speak with some of my sources and I have been told there are differences in the way that the victims were killed. Some were more severe than the ‘other’. And this week, we heard ‘the target attack’ walk-back, and reverse it back to being a target attack — what can you tell us about the targeted attack”?

Mom of Kaylee: “Umm, they have told us it that was targeted, and but they told us they can’t tell who. We asked specifically. And they said, ‘We’ll try to get that information to you’ and they got back to us a day or so later and said, ‘We’re sorry, we can’t give you that information’ but, then a day later, we saw on the news that it was not targeted, or they think the whole house was targeted.”

SG: “I’ll cut to the chase, their means of death don’t match.”

LJ: “Maddie’s and Kaylee’s… Cause of death, it does not match based on the autopsy report?”

SG: “They don’t match.”

LJ: “It would indicate one of them may have been targeted?”

SG: “He doesn’t have to go up the steps! Let’s stop playing games! Guys! I need somebody to step up and be an alpha, be somebody to be a leader! Don’t make me do it! I don’t wanna do it! He doesn’t have to go up those steps. They’re mad. Their, their points of damage don’t match. I’m just gonna say it... Wasn’t leaked to me, I earned that. I payed for that funeral. I paid for that. It’s my right! You ain’t takin’ that from me!

Mom: “Calm down.”

SG: “If you don’t wanna say nothing, that’s your bed... But don’t say I’m leakin’ anything, I paid that bill! I sent my daughter to college to get an education, she came back in a box, and I can speak on that.”

***They then begin discussing the 911 call and Kaylee’s parents don’t know about that. They’re concerned that it’s three weeks out and they don’t want it to go cold. They’re talking about raising money for a reward and hire a third party PI.

They ask for forgiveness from LE if the case is not going cold. They talk about Familial DNA, IT, etc…

LJ promises them he won’t go anywhere.

**Edited for clarity

Last edited:
I encourage him to keep speaking, if it somewhat helps his pain. Gives him some meaning to this tragedy. We don’t have a right to tell these families to sit down and stay quiet with what they’re going through. He is just being an advocate for his beloved girl, he doesn’t want this to be forgotten and he wants answers. My opinion only.
Sorry but I disagree. I sense SG’s anger is ramping up & I’m fearful he may snap, go rogue, or seek vendetta. The family needs Crisis Counseling which should be covered under the $1M the Governor granted. MOO

Could also be the little plant was on an inset window ledge (I don’t know what that’s called) and he had to drop it down to the counter to clear space when climbing in and that resulted in some disturbed dirt. Again, 100% speculation.
Good catch

I think SG''s pain and frustration stems froms his belief that LE has said that someone isn't a POI that he believes is the perp from his "behavior" [his word last week].
And that troubllng behavior was seen on a certain video.
I applaud his actions completely.
MOO.

Anger and bargaining are both stages of grief. If LE doesn't want to keep parent grievers informed, they get what they get.

My opinion.

* In the middle of typing this, I just decided to transcribe the part about “the steps” spoken by SG on the show, so, the exact exchange can be found below. I summarized and quoted some of the interview before they all began talking specifically about that to also give complete context.

(Sorry to quote myself but I just watched the beginning of the interview and now I’m absolutely certain within context, IMO,
SG was talking about the frustration by the lack of communication with him and LE.)

LJ also begins the show on site outside of the Idaho PD, with Kaylee’s parents with him. He asks them about their mounting frustration with LE, and they say they have no doubt LE is doing their best, but, basically feel like they are Kaylee and Maddie’s advocates and alludes to the reasons for no “Wanted” posters because that would discourage prospective students coming for “Rush” to want to stay while (there is an unknown attacker on the loose).

SG says, “It seems like they are suppressing the story, we want to put rewards out and they’re like don’t do that. I get it, your town doesn’t want to have Reward posters posted all over when you come and you do your Rush. You’re not gonna get a lot of students if you see those things. But, this community is not going to heal until this guy is pulled off the streets... He has to be off the streets.”

SG says that LE have put people, “like lawyers that make things happen and they don’t want to say anything because they don’t have the guts to come up and be like alpha and like leaders and say, ‘Hey, we might say something that’s wrong, but we’re going to take that hit.’”

*SG does refer to someone as “He” as he does later on when talking about going up the steps during the quoted part below.

SG says he can’t speak on the other families’ behalf, but, he wants to not be a “glory hound” but to keep the media spotlight on the murders and he taught his kids not to be victims, but to go get things done if they need doing, basically. *IMO he almost openly alludes the deaths and the publication of them are not good for the city as a whole and he implies that’s maybe some of the reason maybe police aren’t talking more [because it hurts the town and the reputation of the college].

LJ tees up the next question (*This is a transcribed direct quote by me:

LJ: “I had the opportunity to speak with some of my sources and I have been told there are differences in way that the victims were killed. Some were more severe than the ‘other’. And this week, we heard ‘the target attack’ walk-back, and reverse it back to being a target attack — what can you tell us about the targeted attack”?

Mom of Kaylee: “Umm, they have told us it that was targeted, and but they told us they can’t tell who. We asked specifically. And they said, ‘We’ll try to get that information to you’ and they got back to us a day or so later and said, ‘We’re sorry, we can’t give you that information’ but, then a day later, we saw on the news that it was not targeted, or they think the whole house was targeted.”

SG: “I’ll cut to the chase, their means of death don’t match.”

LJ: “Maddie’s and Kaylee’s… Cause of death, it does not match based on the autopsy report?”

SG: “They don’t match.”

LJ: “It would indicate one of them may have been targeted?”

SG: “He doesn’t have to go up the steps! Let’s stop playing games! Guys! I need somebody to step up and be an alpha, be somebody to be a leader! Don’t make me do it! I don’t wanna do it! He doesn’t have to go up those steps. They’re mad. Their, their points of damage don’t match. I’m just gonna say it... Wasn’t leaked to me, I earned that. I payed for that funeral. I paid for that. It’s my right! You ain’t takin’ that from me!

Mom: “Calm down.”

SG: “If you don’t wanna say nothing, that’s your bed... But don’t say I’m leakin’ anything, I paid that bill! I sent my daughter to college to get an education, she came back in a box, and I can speak on that.”

***They then begin discussing the 911 call and Kaylee’s parents don’t know about that. They’re concerned that it’s three weeks out and they don’t want it to go cold. They’re talking about raising money for a reward and hire a third party PI.

They ask for forgiveness from LE if the case is not going cold. They talk about Familial DNA, IT, etc…

LJ promises them he won’t go anywhere.
This interview is just wow…. I’m speechless.

Perhaps they have asked him to be quiet, but if SG is aware the investigation isn’t exactly going anywhere toward resolve currently, I understand his frustration and reason for speaking out. I don’t expect any of them to sit back and be quiet. If this were me, I’m obviously going to do my best not to jeopardise, but you also couldn’t stop me from speaking out if my grief was a raging fire like this. JMO
Other than there is no arrest, There is no way for SG to know if the investigation is going well or not. He is a grieving father and knows very little about how investigations work. <modsnip> The other families deserve to have the killer caught as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members