ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe strongly that law enforcement needs to be more creative in attempting to catch the perp in this case. I have said it before, but I have seen law enforcement put out false information - for example, why couldn't they put out some false information that they know more than they do- this could serve to draw out the perp- I really don't think it is helpful for their investigation to admit they are clueless- I suppose it is possible they have more information that they are not sharing with the public or the parents, I certainly hope so.

After following the disaster in the Delphi case with regards to the "lost report", I'm wondering if all the evidence in this case is being pooled together and examined by one LE entity. I would hate to see that same type of oversight happen again.
I would think that they would have some sort of categorized data base to enter all reports and pertinent info in… So all authorized personnel had quick and easy computer access to significant info, bring forwards and possibly any theories etc.

Last edited:
I think the dog was closed up in the laundry room in the basement. Maybe that was where he was always crated. That would explain a lot in terms of why he wasn't bloody, and where he was during some of the activities/investigations the day after. He was on the bottom floor along with the two surviving roommates. It also fits the description of the room the police say he was found in. I really don't think Murphy is an important part of the investigation.
When the description of that room was released? The last update about Murphy the dog was on December 5 and said only that:

s. During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed.

There were some other rooms where the crimes were not committed than the laundry room. Which was not a separate room in this house, at least that's what it looks like on the floor plan. There is a laundry area, not laundry room, between the living room and Xana's bedroom.

Female perp is certainly possible. But just going based on statistical probability, it's most likely a male offender who knew them in some way. MOO.
Additionally, by the third and fourth victims, I think it would take an awfully strong female to get the job done, imoo. The more victims, imoo, the less likely it is to be a female.

JMO

If the killer was in that house before, maybe during one of the parties, I wonder why he decided to go on his murder spree there in the first place? Why destroy the place that’s known for students, including himself, having good times there. Unless he was kicked out and banned from parties there. Thus leading to his/her revenge on the place and its occupants. Salt grain theory.
That would give a reason for all 4 or at least three of them. Easier to think one may have been collateral damage. JMO

When the description of that room was released? The last update about Murphy the dog was on December 5 and said only that:

s. During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed.

There were some other rooms where the crimes were not committed than the laundry room. Which was not a separate room in this house, at least that's what it looks like on the floor plan. There is a laundry area, not laundry room, between the living room and Xana's bedroom.
Interesting, I too saw a floor plan where the laundry was on the bottom floor, not 2nd floor. Too bad we don't have firm information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025