ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only other case this reminds me of is the Miyazawa murders in Setagaya, Japan in 2000. An unknown perp broken into the house while they were asleep and stabbed them all to death. No one heard or saw anything, no-one has ever been caught despite the police having DNA, and no-one knows if it was a random killing or someone known to the family.

How about the Bryan Harvey murders in Richmond, VA in Jan of 2006? On New Years Day of all things.

I don’t think this is correct - At the beginning of the video you see her paying for her food.
Thanks EmmieA, it wasn’t my opinion - merely reiterating what I had read. I’d love to see the full food truck video. Do you by chance have a link? It still never ceases to amaze me how many rumors and theories are born so quickly (in the face of factual evidence and video to the contrary).

I thought it was determined not to be blood?

Is there a picture?
The picture was posted by DailyMail shortly after the murders. This is where the blood is according to photographs and floor plans. We don't know whether it is blood of some kind of of leaking-building syndrome. The photographer seemed to think it was blood.

DailyMail

Attachments

• 1670477059595.png
    1670477059595.png
    268.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 1670477071624.png
    1670477071624.png
    783.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 1670477136745.png
    1670477136745.png
    492.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 1670477286127.png
    1670477286127.png
    393.9 KB · Views: 58
Sorry, my mistake.

I don't know where I got that from.
I've been wonder where she bought it too, then I read a transcript of an interview here where her Mom was grateful she was home for week before she went back to King St. I wonder if a slighted used car salesman followed her back from her home town?

$125 USD a week? Pretty average rent for a university house close to the campus? Imoo

I thought it would have been $400 a week. $100 USD per occupant imoo

It was $8 USD for Mac-n-Cheese
If it was rented as a house, usually responsible parties sign for the duration of a lease. They can sublet, but are legally responsible for the full amount of rent. If this was rented out per room with shared common spaces, that's different. Someone posted earlier that it's still (automatically) listed "as house for rent" in one of those apartment magazines. I was wondering how much were they asking?

I've always wondered about the latter question of yours; like if Kaylee was moving to Texas and back just for the weekend, would she still have stuff in the apartment? Like if not, I think that explains why her and Maddie were sharing a bed. But I'm also confused why the dog was still here... Maybe it was an inbetween time and she was slowly getting her belongings? Not sure how relevant that is, but it hasn't really be fully addressed anywhere that I'm aware of.
JMO but she could have brought the dog with her, I take my dog everywhere I can with me!
Another reason might have been so the dog could see JD… maybe the dog was actually staying with him and she just had him while she was there?

Here is what I think so far, IMO:

Killer did not know the students.
No sexual component to the murders. This is all about power, control and possibly viewed as a type of professionalism by the killer.
He observed who slept where by watching the house from the back. It IS like a fishbowl. That is how he knew when the residents went to bed, then waited a little while until he was sure they were asleep.
I don't think he bothered to case the house from the front that night, otherwise he would know more than 4 were in there by counting the vehicles. He may have counted on a previous night before K had her new car.
He was unaware of the bedrooms on the 1st floor which indicates he may not be from the Pacific Northwest where multi-level homes are common and may have bedrooms on the 1st floor.
I don't think he was familiar with college rental housing or that this type of house would have more than 4 bedrooms.
This crime was done to terrorize and possibly teach someone (not the students he killed) a lesson.
LE will not find a direct link to the killer in the history of any of the residents of the house.
He will not be in CODIS or NCIC.
He has committed similar crimes before and will re-offend.
IMO he left the area immediately after committing the crime and will not be back.

Its what I said, but I feel he didn't go to the base floor because either stabbing four people in the chest had gotten messy, the bottom floor was secure, or the male in the bottom floor posed too much a risk. Imoo

The police did not indicate that anyone in the car was a suspect, but said that the driver and any possible passengers might have “critical information” about what happened. They said they did not have a license plate number.

“Your information, whether you believe it is significant or not, might be the piece of the puzzle that helps investigators solve these murders,” the police said in a statement.
Investigators have said that the four victims were killed early on Sunday, Nov. 13, but they have not specified a time.

Stolen common white non descript vehicles that they can dispose, which are hard to trace due to their commonality, so they can go in, do the crime and avoid police detection, then dump and burn to avoid prosecution.

What color was Teds Folks Wagon? Common as church mice
2nd floor.
Xana Kernodle’s bedroom. To the left of the kitchen space and slider.
The house layout online indicates that wall would not be sufficiently long enough for a full size headboard or larger to be against it comfortably. For that much blood to make its way through an outer wall, which still baffles me, I would think both bodies would need to be placed there or end up closely against that wall at the time of incapacitation.
Wondering if the owner used foam board insulation during the remodel instead of spun fiberglass-type insulation. IMHO foam board would be less absorbent.

Also wondering whether the victims were staged or posed so as to ensure gravity assisted in draining their blood toward the exterior wall? The coroner’s statement was as to the victims sleeping at the time they were killed and doesn’t rule out someone moving or posing the bodies after death. Posing the bodies would also explain the immediate phone call to the FBI.

Them looking for the car bothers me and has me concerened. I can't imagine someone actually getting away with this. Almost a month and they release a photo of the car. This car couldn't have just become relevant now and not previously. And how have they not located it yet, and if they havent what does that tell us
I agree. Sometimes I feel like LE has been playing multilayer chess and I don’t understand. Then they say things a month later like “if you see someone acting weird in the grub truck video let us know.”

The picture was posted by DailyMail shortly after the murders. This is where the blood is according to photographs and floor plans. We don't know whether it is blood of some kind of of leaking-building syndrome. The photographer seemed to think it was blood.

DailyMail
I wonder if that pipe is an NG or LPG pipe? Still mystified how something could leak out of the house, my waterbed sprang a leak in my 1967 mobile home and even the water did not leak out, much less a stick built home.

That's not a statistically sound assumption you're making. Lots of people/their families opt for cremation for absolutely no reason related to being able to provide a viewership of chemically short-term preserved bodies. Some people prefer ashes to chemical preservation, it's really that simple.
I agree with you, my wish is to be cremated once I’ve passed.

Police confirmed early on that a door was left open after the murders. Since the downstairs tenants did not notice an open door, instead went upstairs around noon, saw Ethan, called friends, went outside, called 911 ... it's assumed that the 2nd floor patio door was left open.

If the killer exited through the patio door, perhaps he entered through the same patio door. It did appear that the lock was broken after footage of bar stools braced on the patio door track emerged. It looks like either the 2nd floor patio door was broken on the night of the murders, or someone broke that lock earlier - perhaps part of a planned premeditated murder.
If this witness seeing the bottom door open around 8-9am, that throws up some questions, or at the very least changes some assumed details in the current theories circulating.

I still feel it makes more sense that entry was gained from the 2nd floor sliding door as anyone scoping out the house/victims has a clear line of sight into the communal area of the house that you would to assume was lit up around/just before 2am when E, X and then K and M came home around the same time. You would be able to see their movements, lights flicking on and off, and wait for things to fall still before deciding to enter the house.

I suppose the above could still happen, with the killer moving to the front entry through that front door, in the belief that the earlier observed occupants were in the two levels above the front entry? Or he just exited that way, which would be odd I guess, considering you would think he would leave the way he came in...

The surviving housemates may have woken up around 11am on the 13th as was reported, immediately noticed the open door but brushed this off as E, X, K or M coming/going and not closing the door. 11am is basically the middle of the day, so it might be that they weren't alarmed by this, thinking everyone else had gotten up and were moving about the property. At this point they've closed the door, headed up stairs and the rest of the day unfolded as we have been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess9976