ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoodie Guy had his hands in his pocket and kept his distant from physical contact with the girls no hugging. He was probably promised a party at the house or something or maybe even cared that the girls were drunk to the point of not being able to walk home safely. Until LE explains the reason or any reason why killer was able to exit house after murdering four victims with a knife and zero exterior blood trail...I tend to think killer was friend of house that knew he/she could shower and change clothes prior to leaving crime scene. One cannot stab/slice victims from distance. There was close killer to victim contact with at least one fighting back. I could understand one alive roommate not waking up but two...makes no sense this was a random killer.
Nothing is coincidental or random. You seem to have a pretty good grasp of this murder, and reflect excellent common sense and reasoning. The DOTS must connect, or it won’t make any sense. JMOHO

Last edited:
What we do know is that there was no blood trail exiting house....cause if there was, there would be yellow markers or more crime tape.
Yes. And I’m trying to keep all such mental notes aside when replying. This case is beyond perplexing and rampant with conjecture and rumor. I’m still awaiting some clarity from the police, the Feds, the families, anyone.

I posted this before, but I’m personally certain the gas station car is not an Elantra. Elantras (top photo), like most cars, have the A pillar (the pillar that runs up the side of the windshield to the roof) painted to match the car. The gas station car (middle photo) has a black A pillar, more like a Veloster (bottom photo). I personally don’t think that’s from the dark, I believe if it were white it would follow the line of the roof. The taillights appear deeper than an Elantra as well.

That said, I’m also personally not convinced they have 100% certainty they’re even looking for an Elantra - from what I’ve gathered they’re basing it on eyewitness testimony or maybe video, both in the middle of the night, and little white compact cars aren’t exactly easy to differentiate with your own two eyes in the daylight, let alone at 2 am or whatever. All just my opinion of course, but I definitely have my doubts. :shrug:

View attachment 388554
I don't see the black A pillar in the picture you are referring to... I think its a bad photo and if LE wasn't convinced that it was a Hyundai Elantra 2011-2013, I don't have a clue why they would put it out to the public. My guess is they have good images and they have an exact reason to ask for this very very specific car.

Most murders aren't random. In most cases, police look for motive and opportunity. They have a list of POI's and they work their way backwards through that list asking for DNA samples, checking alibis, conducting search warrants for evidence. They have cleared or "do not believe" all of the typical POI's committed this crime. The killer may or may not have motive and if they did, it doesn't appear to have been an obvious one. This is a difficult case. They have to build a profile from scratch unless they found DNA that is in a database somewhere.

Don’t most long term relationships in this age range terminate because one of the couple has a new love interest?

New Love interest would be of interest.

Just because a love interest hasn’t been made public, doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

MOO.

The arrival of the white Elantra may be coincidental and not belong to the killer. IMO perhaps the driver is REALLY just a witness.
How does one know someone is a witness?

So, the Police have risked the entire case on the possibility someone may have seen something?

And how good would their recollection be over a month later?

Most murders aren't random. In most cases, police look for motive and opportunity. They have a list of POI's and they work their way backwards through that list asking for DNA samples, checking alibis, conducting search warrants for evidence. They have cleared or "do not believe" all of the typical POI's committed this crime. The killer may or may not have motive and if they did, it doesn't appear to have been an obvious one. This is a difficult case. They have to build a profile from scratch unless they found DNA that is in a database somewhere.
Difficult indeed. With the two most critical elements still unanswered. How did the killer arrive at the house? How did the killer leave the house? Answer those two questions, and you’re closer to locating the prime suspect. This is where the Elantra comes into play.

IMO he may have become enchanted online and then made contact. Or maybe he saw her IRL first through incidental contact, found out her name, and went to SM. I'd bet money he stalked her on SM and the fantasy began, whoever 'she' was. KG had a huge following (60K on TT and half that on IG). Even if KG was not his target, one of the other young women in the house and on her SM may have caught his eye. I suspect from there, he was close enough to make peripheral contact.

I also think he is creepy when you get to know him at all, but can look pretty normal on the surface. Someone knows his cold side; someone knows his explosive rage. I think he's got tech skills, and I think he's super control organized. I think he did late night visits or maybe during the day while they were away.

I base this mostly on intuition, but sadly, also from experience. When one of these obsessive guys decides you're the one, it is not reality-based. A threat-assessment trainer explained to me that oftentimes when they interview the attacker, he'll have fabricated an entire relationship and then when reality hits (she gets a new boyfriend, something that's taking her away, real life rejection, etc.), the reaction is as extreme as the fantasy. And the woman will have absolutely no idea that he's obsessed this way. I think that's what happened here, but on steroids. If you've never had to deal with it, it's hard to explain and 'prove', but it's real, and it is awful to deal with it.

Anyway, I think it was something like this where he was very obsessive and when he realized he couldn't have her, potentially coupled with some other trigger in his life, he started planning. I don't think he just decided at 2:30 a.m. to get in the car and drive. I think he was getting in the car at that time and driving because it was time. And I think that there were 3 incidental murders and 1 focused one. And I suspect there was some freak show to it.

This is all JMO, of course, and I know nothing more than anyone else here. Not as much as many. But this seems very well planned, and these were beautiful young women who did nothing wrong. So I think it takes that kind of psychopath to do something like this. JMO.
The day this story broke, Kaylee had around 3k followers on IG. The rest are ‘new’. I don’t know about TT because I didn’t check there.

Especially Washington, and Montana too.
jmo
I originally thought this guy would be from WA, specifically a college town (we want what we see every day, Clarice), with the money and ability to pursue his interests. of course, this is JMO, but I have a detailed checklist which, as I think of it, sounds a little obsessive lol.

Sorry. Yes. It’s my opinion, and I’m speculating. Although I do recall a comment made by investigators that the criminal was “sloppy” and left a messy crime scene. One can only speculate as to what they were inferring. This is a puzzling riddle of a case. I hope it is solved soon.
I believe that comment came from KG's parents (they were told that by the ME or LE) but I don't think they knew exactly what it meant. Stabbing 4 people on 2 different floors of a house is going to be messy so that comment doesn't hold much value, IMO.

The day this story broke, Kaylee had around 3k followers on IG. The rest are ‘new’. I don’t know about TT because I didn’t check there.
that would mean she got 40K new followers on IG? that doesn't make sense but maybe.

editing to add that Maddie's IG was at around 6k last time I checked. for kg's to increase 40k while Maddie's didn't, that's what doesn't make sense to me. also, tik Tok was double almost from iG. so I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that doesn't make sense to me, and I'd need to see the numbers to make sense of it.

Because he left so little evidence at all. The killer was literally “in and out” in mere minutes. With so many series and television docs on the study, pursuit, and conviction of murderers and their M.O.’s, it doesn’t take much to prepare for such an event and figure out how to NOT leave shoe prints, finger prints, or DNA.

I am always thinking, either he had zero contacts with the victims and really well though through it and got prepared, or, he has been in this house and knew that his DNA could potentially be explained. Or else, he has been a predator for long and is falling apart, so he took a huge risk by attacking four. A little bit fatalistic. Eventually, everyone might be tired and exhausted of own obsessions.

Don’t most long term relationships in this age range terminate because one of the couple has a new love interest?

New Love interest would be of interest.

Just because a love interest hasn’t been made public, doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

MOO.
Absolutely and it’s possible he loved her from a distance and maybe she knew it and maybe she didn’t…

I wonder if the Elantra was owned by a car dealership or was being held by an autoshop for repair. A mechanic, collison tech, would have keys to the car and access to various plates. I did a search looking to buy a 2011-2013 elantra and found it odd that I couldn't find a single white one until I hit 300 miles from Moscow's zipcode.

“We are confident that the occupant or occupants of that vehicle have information that is critical to this investigation.”

How can they make that statement about a car that drove by five weeks ago?

A man hunt for a possible witness?

It’s because they see the Car doing something near the house. And not the Taylor Ave clip.

MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members