ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM
Because he's not an elected official and she is?

I think questioning the coroner's judgment in releasing anything in interviews (& the wisdom of making interviews) is reasonable. Her public statements are extremely important in such a brutal, high profile case.

I always tend to err on the side of giving FACTS to the public. I am neutral on her conduct in this case & can see criticism coming at her regardless of whether she gives details or maintains mostly silence.

A well thought out written statement at a press conference by the coroner with LE present would have been more useful to the public than ad hoc interviews IMO. But I am still neutral.

Let the voters decide at their next opportunity.

As to the G family attorney, I say yay for free speech in America, whether I agree with what is said & how it is said or not.

I never understand a desire to shut down anyone's right to speak. We can all weigh what is said. Silence OTOH leaves us in a complete vacuum except for the (rightly) parsimonious LE statements.

Just my 2 cents
just regarding this bit '....yay for free speech.... I never understand a desire to shut down anyone's right to speak.'

but in reality, in practice, we both understand that sometimes there is no unqualified right to ' free speech' and both of us already appreciate that any rights come with responsibilities or we wouldn't already adhere to Terms on any public forum or platform ( such as one where we're discussing crime cases like this one)

Last edited:
To get away from the car/job topics…

This quote stood out to me in Snell’s interview (snipped for clarity):

The phrasing “involved in an incident of this nature” could be a slip up that they know the white car isn’t just a witness, but (as I’ve suspected) is in fact involved in the crime.

Did anyone else notice that? It’s like he was dancing around his words, choosing very carefully while talking about the car/it’s occupant(s).

just had a look at the context

JMO but Snell's just referring to geography & prioritising sequence working through the tips

"So I'll be a tiny bit more generic about it, but it is a list of vehicles that, potentially, could be in this area. It's received through all sorts of different sources and databases. And so as we look at that list, obviously, you know the ones that could be close to the area might be important and then as the ripples, as it gets a little further out, maybe those vehicles, potentially, would be less likely to be involved in an incident of this nature. And so you know we're able to, as we go through this list, we're looking for, again, different patterns and different trends and so as we're putting it all together, we're hoping that something will come to light and that we'll be able to use that to move forward."

Thank you Allaboutthetrial for posting this transcript!
250 Interviews
60 FBI agents…

Woah…it reminds us that the LE are working as intensely as possible to get the perp/s..

Snells statement..’I truly believe that there's going to be a piece or maybe, potentially, pieces of information out there that are going to connect together, almost like a puzzle…’ sounds like the LE still haven’t got the chain of events in order yet…
This is awesome @Allabouttrial . Mr. Snell does a great job of dancing through most questions (if you love PR). He fills so much time without saying much at all. He did slip/be honest a few times and this is where I think he gave us some solid insights to the investigation. I believe they know who they think did this but need more evidence.

Snell: And so from the crime scene itself to the fraternity house, to the businesses downtown...There's a lot of things that we need to know and there's potential for a suspect or suspects to be in any of the pictures or any of the videos.

Snell: So I'll be a tiny bit more generic about it, but it is a list of vehicles that, potentially, could be in this area.

Snell: We truly do believe that there is somebody somewhere out there, or maybe information that has already been provided, that is going to be the key to unlocking this entire crime, this entire investigation.

Snell: And I think at that time, it's going to unravel quickly and we're going to be able to make determinations. The interesting thing is the information that we already have, the picture that we've already drawn - that will help us as we move forward to really put together what occurred.

Snell: Anybody that had looked at some of their past social media posts or past pictures and think something's out of the ordinary, something's odd - we want that information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*