ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has been brought up already but hopefully it is okay to discuss. If not, mods please delete.

My initial impression is that it likely wasn't anyone from the bar who leaked the still image from the Corner Club to Fox News. Those recordings were probably seized by law enforcement, and I imagine weren't copied by the owner prior to that. If that's the case, what would be the purpose of law enforcement leaking the still? And please, it isn't because of the ex boyfriend. Whether that's him or not him in the photo, he has been ruled out.

Thoughts?

My opinion.
I’m under the impression that law enforcement is ok with it being leaked, as they never came out and said it was fake or of no consequence to the investigation.

They may have wanted someone in that still photo to be seen. And not necessarily the person whom social media thought was important.

@fastoys in the last thread, you mentioned Sand road and heading NW.
There are no cameras on the ID or WA portion.

Idaho 511 Travel Information

one of my previous posts has more map info in it, but these links will get you to all of the road cameras.

If I were charting this killer's route, I'd have parked at the arboretum, walked in the dark, done what I came to do, gone back to arboretum, taken my car, and headed out on Palouse NW which turns into Sandy, and with 8 hours lead time, I'd have plenty of time to get cleaned up, dump the borrowed white car near Pullman, grab my real ride, and head out with WSU football fans leaving from the weekend visit. That's all obvs JMO IMO

My other option would have been Troy area and the Latah trail.
Does anyone think that whomever did this just took a road trip? (I saw a car with an ID plate today- and I am far away- I started to wonder if anyone would look twice at a white elantra in Phila, or SC or WV...)

I'm skeptical about this photo. Anything can be altered and, interestingly, the Moscow PD press release from 12/27 hints at the possibility:

• There have been numerous inquiries from members of the public and media to verify digital media published online. Any picture or video provided through the official public records request process is authentic. However, once a record is released, we can no longer verify its authenticity as we do not know if anything has been altered. Detectives are aware of videos distributed by local businesses.
While it's true that any photo can be altered, Moscow PD's remarks may be a reference to the bodycam video of the police confronting underage drinkers on Band field. (I think the video was released to NewsNation in response to a FOIA request.) In some versions, someone appears to have altered that video to add in the background a woman's voice screaming "stop it!" (and a bit more -- I forget the rest of the bogus scream). :(

JMO

I'm skeptical about this photo. Anything can be altered and, interestingly, the Moscow PD press release from 12/27 hints at the possibility:

• There have been numerous inquiries from members of the public and media to verify digital media published online. Any picture or video provided through the official public records request process is authentic. However, once a record is released, we can no longer verify its authenticity as we do not know if anything has been altered. Detectives are aware of videos distributed by local businesses.
I'm also curious as to where exactly it first surfaced. From what I heard it came from Facebook but who knows.

>>>>>>>>My initial impression is that it likely wasn't anyone from the bar who leaked the still image from the Corner Club to Fox News. Those recordings were probably seized by law enforcement, and I imagine weren't copied by the owner prior to that. If that's the case, what would be the purpose of law enforcement leaking the still?<<<<<<<

So, in my experience working in PR with the media, here is my opinion: 1) The image was NOT leaked, it was SOLD. An image such as this one has a market value. 2) For Fox News to have obtained it, they likely bought it from someone. If it were in the public domain, every media outlet would have had it. 3) There is no purpose for LE to have leaked the image given how tightly they have controlled most of the information surrounding this case. 4) LE likely downloaded videos from each of the sources (gas station, food truck, bar). That leaves the original in tact on the source's server.

>>>>>>>>My initial impression is that it likely wasn't anyone from the bar who leaked the still image from the Corner Club to Fox News. Those recordings were probably seized by law enforcement, and I imagine weren't copied by the owner prior to that. If that's the case, what would be the purpose of law enforcement leaking the still?<<<<<<<

So, in my experience working in PR with the media, here is my opinion: 1) The image was NOT leaked, it was SOLD. An image such as this one has a market value. 2) For Fox News to have obtained it, they likely bought it from someone. If it were in the public domain, every media outlet would have had it. 3) There is no purpose for LE to have leaked the image given how tightly they have controlled most of the information surrounding this case. 4) LE likely downloaded videos from each of the sources (gas station, food truck, bar). That leaves the original in tact on the source's server.
I believe it was Fox that also had the "Adam" video that purportedly came from Facebook. I heard this photo also came from Facebook. I wonder if Fox has a contact with a Facebook group. MOO

do we now about how many people work at the Corner Club?
The footage for the businesses I own is stored on the cloud, but only the owners have access to it via passwords. If an employee got ahold of it, one of us would have shown it to them or it would have been through nefarious means.

I don't know about the CC set up, but most of the cafe/restaurants and bars (that's my business area) around here are like mine. At least in the Chamber of Commerce meetings.

Does anyone think that whomever did this just took a road trip? (I saw a car with an ID plate today- and I am far away- I started to wonder if anyone would look twice at a white elantra in Phila, or SC or WV...)
I do, but I don't think they traveled from that far. I have my own theories but it's all jmo imo. I think it's PNW related, but not specifically ID IMO JMO.

Last edited:
LE has conducted more than 300 interviews

So 300 interviews and still no suspects? I hope I am wrong, but I don't think they are close to arresting someone in this case. I actually think it will take another crime by the person before they will link it to this one.

IMO the killer(s) were able to 'read the house' to determine whether anyone was awake. I am thinking this wasn't something the killer (s) thought of that night, but something that had been building - perhaps watching the comings and goings at the house, the lights, the timing, etc. Perhaps working up the courage to act. MOO

I'm assuming the animation is based very closely of how the house is laid out.

If the killer is stealth like coming through the sliding door on the middle floor, and assumingly not in the house for very long committing the crime, IMO he must have known the 'kinda abstract' house layout and had been there before.

Also when he went into action I wonder if the house was completely dark, therefore possibly needing a pen/key chain light. Probably didn't use his cell phone light for risking the location pinging evidence.

Imo if he's flying around that house in fit of rage in a short time, or methodically and quietly sneaking about, he knows the layout of the house.

MOO

Demolishing House, Creating City Park?
Someone in a thread way back (sorry, forgot who, can't find link now) said --- Likely house will be razed & turned into city park (my terse paraphrasing).

As tragic as these deaths are, is it possible the four different families may have differing preferences for memorial for their loved ones?
In particular, perhaps a location other than at the crime scene.
Or a family may wish donate $ or raise funds for a scholarship in a certain discipline or to commemorate their beloved in another way.
[ETA, imo, jmo,moo]

Last edited:
So 300 interviews and still no suspects? I hope I am wrong, but I don't think they are close to arresting someone in this case. I actually think it will take another crime by the person before they will link it to this one.
You are possibly right, however there appears to be a complete change in the demeanor of Chief Fry. I think they are close to something or maybe LE has been counseled to be more relaxed. JMO

Demolishing House, Creating City Park?
Someone in a thread way back (sorry, forgot who, can't find link now) said --- Likely house will be razed & turned into city park (my terse paraphrasing).

As tragic as these deaths are, is it possible the four different families may have differing preferences for memorial for their loved ones?
In particular, perhaps a location other than at the crime scene.
Or a family may wish donate $ or raise funds for a scholarship in a certain discipline or to commemorate their beloved in another way.
many houses are cleaned and fixed up where needed and put on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025