ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"This is a gruesome and heartbreaking tragedy," Uber communications manager Navideh Forghani told Fox News Digital when asked whether Uber provided a ride to Mogen and Goncalvez. "It looks like Moscow police update the release to say a ‘private party.’ We have no record of the victims ordering a trip."

IMO this is very important. That Private Party potentially has information. Uber drivers whereabouts are almost constantly logged. Private party? Not so much.

I feel the killer could be male or female. I can’t rule out either sex. I also have a “gut” feeling that jealousy may have been a motive. Was the killer not invited to a gathering one of the others put together? Were they looking for a new roommate and someone was rejected?

Maybe a rejected female friend? Someone who used to live there and left or was evicted?
Rejection was my first thought.
If it's a stranger we are looking at trouble. Luckily he most likely left behind DNA.

I was looking at the police logs from tht night someone posted in the last thread. Looks like there was a dog loose and picked up that morning by animal control. I wonder if it's possible that the killer came in before everyone got home. Left the door open, the dog escaped. So when the girls got home, the dog was MIA and they started frantically calling J to come help find him? Or alternatively the dog ran off after they let him out? I'm completely convinced the girls were awake when this all started if that's a case. As a dog parent, I'd never be able to fall asleep if my dog was out late at night.

My opinion/theory/thinking only as always
I had this thought about the dog as well. Unless it was a booty call situation it seems to be the most likely explanation for the repeated calls. JMO

As of right now I feel that at the very least the killer was somewhat known to them, maybe not a friend but someone who had semi regular contact with them in their day to day lives. I feel like everyone in the house was a target, even though two survived, and the killer‘s hatred simmered over a period of time but it wasn’t obvious how deep the person’s hatred for them was until that person was finally triggered.
Yes, and they finally snapped.

My first thought here was Ted Bundy as well….Richard Speck too. Interesting that there is no evidence of sexual assault but crimes can still be sexual in nature even without an assault. MOO
Edit: I was replying to a previous comment about Ted Bundy for it didn’t quote the post for some reason.

I find it hard to believe a killer could get into the house while all 4 were supposedly sleeping? After the first 2 were stabbed wouldn't someone have heard some kind of noise and woke up?

What If....... the killer or killers were already in the house before E, X ,K and M got home (convenient all at 1:45). This was well planned so they went for the biggest threat , the male, then the girlfriend in the same bed. The killer went for the carotid artery to cause total incapacitation fast. Then went downstairs to K and M and did the same thing......being one sick individual could have gone back to repeatedly stab the victims. They would have bled out causing massive blood loss at the scene by the time they were discovered.
The Motive: Who knows but this was planned therefore there was a reason.
Lets say this person had some tactical knowledge---would of made sure he was covered as well as his shoes, so as to avoid the blood splatter. When he is done he leaves and discards a plastic coat and shoes coverings.

Maybe wore thick gloves? This dude was pretty cunning and one cool customer so I'm thinking during his pre-planning phase, he thought to wear gloves.

It's possible but try fighting off a sleeping couple and not get scratched or wounded in the process. Most people when stabbed wake up and try to fight it off unless they were so drunk they didn't wake up. I am assuming they drank that night.

I find it hard to believe a killer could get into the house while all 4 were supposedly sleeping? After the first 2 were stabbed wouldn't someone have heard some kind of noise and woke up?

What If....... the killer or killers were already in the house before E, X ,K and M got home (convenient all at 1:45). This was well planned so they went for the biggest threat , the male, then the girlfriend in the same bed. The killer went for the carotid artery to cause total incapacitation fast. Then went downstairs to K and M and did the same thing......being one sick individual could have gone back to repeatedly stab the victims. They would have bled out causing massive blood loss at the scene by the time they were discovered.
Lets say this person had some tactical knowledge---would of made sure he was covered as well as his shoes, so as to avoid the blood splatter. When he is done he leaves and discards a plastic coat and shoes coverings.
The logistics of it are kind of fascinating, imo. This wouldn't be an easy task alone unless the victims were very incapacitated. imo.

Just keep in mind that serial killers are labeled as such after more than one crime has been attached to them.

This is horrific, but as far as we know is 1 crime.

Absolutely but when I heard the headlines that 4 college roommates were killed I immediately thought of Ted Bundy in Florida.
I'
m not ready to think there's a serial killer on the loose just yet. But I can understand why the college kids feel unsafe, I would feel unsafe in that city at any age right now until we know more.
If targeted or a ex-friend did it.

No carotid artery cut. Mortal blow to the upper torso was stated by coroner.

JMO.
Thank you for posting this, @Janitor101

From the article (and video) linked above:

I suspect this was planned and a bloody scene was an intentional part of the plan. The killer also would have planned to minimize leaving any DNA evidence — that does NOT mean he would have succeeded; simply that he took precautions like protective gloves and gear (the “tactical gear” referenced in the video).

He had some acquaintance(s) with the victims, IMO. I dislike the term “crime of passion” because it centers a crime on the killer’s perspective and implies a relationship. The “passion” can very well be in one direction only.

That said, the killer (like Bundy) may have been trolling for a victim type vs an individual. If so, IMO the killer still had an “ops plan” for the attacks that included exiting the scene and disposing of direct evidence.

Hopefully he’s not as smart as he thinks he is. I think LE will unravel this.

All JMO.
Good post and I couldn't agree more!!!! The reason I began entertaining the idea of this type of potential suspect, is that we are almost a week out without an arrest or even a viable suspect. So, LE has to begin thinking outside the box at a possible stranger/opportunist/stalker situation which is always a nightmare for LE.
It's possible but try fighting off a sleeping couple and not get scratched or wounded in the process. Most people when stabbed wake up and try to fight it off unless they were so drunk they didn't wake up. I am assuming they drank that night.

"This is a gruesome and heartbreaking tragedy," Uber communications manager Navideh Forghani told Fox News Digital when asked whether Uber provided a ride to Mogen and Goncalvez. "It looks like Moscow police update the release to say a ‘private party.’ We have no record of the victims ordering a trip."

I thought that would be the case. The Ring may have captured 'a car' but not an Uber, and I wonder how many people it captured leaving the car.

Question : Where did the 1:45 arrival home of all four students come from?
.....and If the young women left the food area at 1:45

Question : How were these times verified? E and X were home the same time (1:45) as K and M?

It says K and M left the food truck at 1:40 and 5 minutes latter were home?
I know there have been questions of the time gap of X/E from the party and where they went afterwards. Could it be a possibility they just went home?? Maybe they were already there and in bed with K/M got home. Didn't X's dad say he talked to her at midnight?

If it was targeted, why kill all four people? Why not just whoever was the target? If the person knew who they were and was at the house before, wouldn't they have known about the other two girls? Why kill just the other four and not everyone?

If it was a jealous ex, why kill all four and not just the girl that was targeted? The fact that they got in and out with no struggle, and killed four people with one knife so quietly no one else in the house was awakened, and the neighbors didn't hear or see anything makes me feel like it was someone more experienced or had this very planned out. Not really some jealous ex boyfriend college kid.

It almost seems like they weren't familiar with the house and didn't realize there were more bedrooms on the lower level. So they just killed everyone in the bedrooms upstairs. Thrill seeking?

It is awful and I feel so bad for all involved. I cannot imagine the pain they must feel.
You have some good points, initially I thought it just had to be someone known to the girls or acquainted with them but like some other posters I'm going back and forth between someone not known to them. I keep thinking of that rear sliding glass door and someone experienced in breaking and entering and perhaps killing someone would use that. May not have known the whole floor plan of the house or about the 1st floor. But if he'd done this before, he'd probably have cased the house beforehand. Yes, this crime is just horrendous and so much is a mystery almost a week later. I feel for the families too-so sad.

I agree. Unless this killer was very skilled with that knife, wouldn't the victim wake up and react at least briefly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member