ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A page or so back Chief Snell said the murders were on the second and third floors. I guess you could assume the survivors were on the 1st floor. Imo.
Thats what I thought but Nancy Grace said otherwise. Thanks. Getting the right room assignments is important in cases such as this

According to Inside Addition article J was the boyfriend of one of the girls. Unfortunately Inside Addition even reveals his last name - article linked. IMO it’s not weird for her to be calling her boyfriend frantically…what I am wondering is if she left a VM.

I think it's weird to be calling your boyfriend frantically on the night you're murdered. And your best friend calling him, too, and you're both murdered. :(

To me this indicates the M and K may have known something was amiss when they got home and felt scared.

JMO

For some reason , I've been thinking that the male victim is the one who was not murdered in his bed. I think he left the bedroom to investigate a noise and was confronted by the attacker in a hallway? Then he confronted the girlfriend. I could be 100% wrong too...lo
How are they determining 3-4 am? They can't use the phone calls because whomever was killing them could have been the one calling J. They could have already been deceased.
No the killer could not be calling J... most phones use face ID or require a code to unlock unless you are calling 911 ( do not think the killer was doing that at 3:00 am) and I highly doubt the killer had such personal information.

Last edited by a moderator:
This just makes my heart sink for the parents. I did unsafe things when I was away at college (nothing beyond the usual miscreant stuff, lack of safe behavior stuff, during your first time living away from home) and my parents never knew. I feel terrible that the parents are finding out the door lock code was well known, it was party central etc.
Same. When I was in college were were lectured from day one that our ID card (used to swipe and unlock our dorm) was only to be used by us to enter the building. But we all held the door for strangers, left it propped open etc. Looking back, I can't believe how careless that was.

I think it's weird to be calling your boyfriend frantically on the night you're murdered. And your best friend calling him, too, and you're both murdered. :(

To me this indicates the M and K may have known something was amiss when they got home and felt scared.

JMO
The calls started 45 minutes after they got home. What were they doing until then?

Same. When I was in college were were lectured from day one that our ID card (used to swipe and unlock our dorm) was only to be used by us to enter the building. But we all held the door for strangers, left it propped open etc. Looking back, I can't believe how careless that was.
different era where crazy stuff didnt happen on a regular basis

No the killer could not be calling j... most phones use face ID or require a code to unlock unless you are calling 911 ( do not think the killer was doing that at 3:00 am) and I highly doubt the killer had such personal information.
Unless someone had the code to their phones. I also hate using a code, so always bypass it. imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, that's super important, as if they were searching for a specific brand, that would mean the killer likely left a sheath behind.

It now appears that's not the case, as they are looking for something more general.
I saw somewhere that the knife in question was used by US Marines in the 1940s, and this is very similar to the knife used by the perp.

A spokesperson from Uber confirmed no ride was logged for the two females that night.

Is there a link?

I am admittedly behind on this discussion and skipped a bunch of pages. Last I had read, Kaylee's sister mentioned an Uber, LE said private car. So I wondered if they were talking about the same car with both statements being true.

What MassGuy shared with me earlier. Makes sense :):
“About the CJIS Division
The FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services Division, or CJIS, is a high-tech hub in the hills of West Virginia that provides a range of state of-the-art tools and services to law enforcement, national security and intelligence community partners, and the general public”
It's south of Morgantown - very cool looking place.

JMO
I will admit I did this in college. A lot of alcohol can get a person really emotional and young love contributes to the repeated calling after a night out

JMO
We have no confirmation that J that was called was actually the ex that is all speculation...

Whoever lives in the blue house next door, it’s pretty close. Wonder if they saw or heard anything. They’re probably used to younger people coming and going at late hours and maybe have learned to ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarah0