ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have seen several reports that the survivors were on the top floor. I have only seen assumptions that they were on the 1st floor...
Link to an actual fact statement? Because I have posted a link to a source quoting LE several times that the murders were on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
”The victims were found on the second and third floors of their home, Snell told CNN.”

There have been a lot of comments about knives and "Ka Bar" or "Ka Bar style" knives.

Unless investigators had already recovered the knife and they think it was the murder weapon, I don't think the particular brand or style of knife is significant. But they haven't done so.

The references to "Ka Bar" are just a shorthand way to use a popular brand name to refer to what otherwise might be called a "combat knife" or "tactical knife," some of which are made by Ka Bar. There are many manufacturers and shapes of such fixed blade knives and all of them would be lethal weapons in the hands of someone who was bent on murder. Any of these 200+ knives from one online seller could be used to commit murder:

So unless and until investigators recover a knife that they think was used in the crime, all we can really say is that the murderer probably used a "combat knife" of some type/brand. In other words, as I have noted before, we got nothin'.
I agree. I own three "Ka-Bar" style knives. I even have a Ka-Bar brand sheath that I bought for one of them because the one that came with it was cheap crap.

I do not own a Ka-Bar brand/manufactured knife.

JMO.

Anyone else hung up on the ride home? It’s been said it wasn’t an Uber. Why even tell us that?

I see a car pull up in the reflection at 3:50:00 (twitch video time) M and K leave frame at 3:53:30. Car pulls away at 3:53:55.

Can anyone enhance the tail lights?
MOO but I think who drove them home is becoming a very significant piece of the investigation, they were possibly the last person to see Madison and Kaylee alive.

I don't believe it was the killer using their phones but as devil's advocate, if you're using a phone that has face recognition to unlock and you've just killed those 2 people, you have access to use their faces.

Has anything been released about whether their phones were in the home? I'm assuming that they were because it hasn't been mentioned that the killer took the phones.
I don't know what phones they have but face recognition doesn't usually work with sleepingpeople. Won't work with a picture, either. I assume it won't work with deceased people.

I was just wondering how they pinned it to 3-4am. If I were LE, I would never assume the girls were the ones making the calls unless I had located the person they were calling and there was a voice-mail left with that person( my own personal experience with a friend that was murdered). Maybe they have that. I haven't seen if they have located th J in question.

I also think (IMO) it is more likely the victims made the calls, but we don't really know, do we? Couldn't a phone be face ID unlocked by pointing at a victim?

EDIT: Sorry, I see KPO posted the same thing before me
Yes, I guess it could, but what would be the reason to do this?

Why would the 911 call report only one person unconscious? Anyone that knew them and/or familiar with the house would know to go look for the other roommates once they found one person, especially in that condition.

I don't know what phones they have but face recognition doesn't usually work with sleeping people. Won't work with a picture, either.

I was just wondering how they pinned it to 3-4am. If I were LE, I would never assume the girls were the ones making the calls unless I had located the person they were calling and there was a voice-mail left with that person( my own personal experience with a friend that was murdered). Maybe they have that. I haven't seen if they have located th J in question.
Partly because the body is in full rigor 12 hours after death. The varying stages indicate time of death.

Why would the 911 call report only one person unconscious? Anyone that knew them and/or familiar with the house would know to go look for the other roommates once they found one person, especially in that condition.
I completely disagree with this. If I went to a friend's home and found a person lying in a pool of blood I would not enter the house because I would be in shock and terrified. I absolutely call 911 without going inside the house and looking around.

They have shared a lot publicly on there.

Does anyone know of their popularity amongst their peers? I get the impression they were a popular group which may have been why they were targeted.
I perused Kayla's picture album of her time at the college on her Facebook.
From the photos, I surmise that she was wildly popular, outgoing, all-embracing, and just an all around wonderful girl.
The photos on her page go back to high school days. She was a wonderful daughter, sibling, grandchild and friend.

I was in tears after viewing her short life in photos.

I haven’t had a chance to get through this thread yet but I want to share a concern.
It seems that the plan announced days ago for a Spokesperson from the State police to handle press and communication fell through.
I sense a breakdown in communication between local and state, possibly federal agencies.
As covered by various national reporters on Wednesday and Thursday, the State police suddenly showed up again to block off the house and perimeter to carefully search for evidence at the house. State Agent Snell was interviewed and it was obvious he was careful to not offend local LE’s initial methods and responses, emphasizing that all complement each other.
This IMO is what is behind the confusing and chaotic release of information and random interviews. It is a problematic for everyone to have the unprepared locals in charge.
They hadn’t even done the back sliding door or arranged to search neighborhood dumpsters until after they were hauled off.

We don't have any information about the knife wounds. Was it some sort of special hunting knife, meaning premeditated, as opposed to a regular kitchen knife from a drawer, meaning more spontaneous. The knife is important. Size, type, one knife or more than one knife. Is it possible multiple perpetrators?

Have they released any information about sexual assault? That is interesting. We have not heard about that. Or if the bodies were staged in any way.
the knife has thoroughly been discussed and i think reading back to the last thread might be necessary for some. we know what kind of knife it is

There are 2 Jacks and a Jake. One Jack was the fellow in the hoodie at the food cart. One Jack is supposedly an ex boyfriend of Kailees. One Jake was the boyfriend of Madison.

As far as I know, we do not know which Jack the girls were calling in the 2am hour. Most likely the ex-boyfriend ,imo, since I would doubt both the girls would have the food truck hoodie guys phone number on their phones.
But could be.
The dog was co-owned by Kaylee and ex-boyfriend, Jack? That Jack reportedly lives nearby and the dog has reportedly been returned to him?

Edit: Spelling

Link to an actual fact statement? Because I have posted a link to a source quoting LE several times that the murders were on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
”The victims were found on the second and third floors of their home, Snell told CNN.”
There are indeed reports that the victims were found on the 2nd and 3rd floors. And there are reports that the survivors were on the 3rd floor. The question is... are there any reports that the survivors were on the 1st floor during the murders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic