ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s likely the person who did this IS behaving differently, but it’s easily explained away because most students/Moscow residents are afraid, anxious, and not acting normally.
I hate to say this, but I believe the perp is long gone from Idaho. He has had a week to distance himself from the scene of the crime.

He is most likely now in a cooling-off period, but will strike again eventually.

I don't think this was his first kill, either.

Most likely he will continue to hunt in the Pacific Northwest.

JMHO

I've been reading and absorbing since this case broke. With information becoming more stagnant and convoluted with speculation, I've started to consider the way it may have happened.

I had been imagining K and M being on the top floor, X and E being on the middle level, and the surviving 2 roommates being on the lowest level. K and M possibly in the same room/bed - carbonara, calling J, etc. after a night out.

This scenario fits with K and/or M being the targets and killed first. Going down the stairs after stabbing to exit through slider, E may have been encountered, possibly out of bed. X may have awoken also or may have still been asleep but seen through an open bedroom door. This could be why E may have been visible, on the floor, and unresponsive to a friend coming over at noon the following day. The 2 survivors being on the lowest level offset from the noise of the floor above them and spared by the layout.

With the unconfirmed mention of a survivor being on an "upstairs floor" I wonder if the reference is to the middle floor rather than the top floor. "Upstairs" from the lowest level. With 2 bedrooms on each floor, it is possible one of the survivors' rooms was on the middle floor.

IMO/MOO

@annpats do you know where on this sub that you read that the survivors got up Sunday morning and “had gone out and about their business” ? I am fairly caught up but I must have missed that. Thanks so much
"Police say...the victims were the only ones in the house when the bodies were found. Two other roommates, though, were home at the time. They were not hurt."

They were home at the time of the attack, but not on Sunday morning when the bodies were found by LE.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I have seen several reports that the survivors were on the top floor. I have only seen assumptions that they were on the 1st floor...
If the surviving roommates were on the third floor, why was the majority of the blood on the second and third floor?

"Officers at the scene on Tuesday described a bloody crime scene, particularly on the upper floors of the house."

Nov 15
FoxNews

Is there a link?

I am admittedly behind on this discussion and skipped a bunch of pages. Last I had read, Kaylee's sister mentioned an Uber, LE said private car. So I wondered if they were talking about the same car with both statements being true.

In this source, they quote a rep from Uber confirming no ride was logged for the girls that night.

Why would both girls call him repeatedly?
People are tossing out the theory that the killer may have made the calls but that seems HIGHLY implausible. Why would the killer call the same guy from both of the girls phones? Not even just that, but use Kaylee's phone, then Morgan's, then Kaylee's.

In my experience, the most likely scenario is that Kaylee was trying to reach the guy, he wasn't answering for her and so Morgan called to see if he would take her call. Sometimes a girl wants to know if the person isn't answering for anyone or if it's just them.

It looks like Kaylee's room has a balcony, so she might have been on the 3rd floor above the sliding doors. There's also a dog in her videos: TikTok

They have shared a lot publicly on there.

Does anyone know of their popularity amongst their peers? I get the impression they were a popular group which may have been why they were targeted.

I hate to say this, but I believe the perp is long gone from Idaho. He has had a week to distance himself from the scene of the crime.

He is most likely now in a cooling-off period, but will strike again eventually.

I don't think this was his first kill, either.

Most likely he will continue to hunt in the Pacific Northwest.

JMHO
This ^^^^ I think this was a premeditated murder and a week b4 a holiday break was part of it. JMO

Question - when a “new” forensics team comes in and is only expected to take an hour total, does that mean they’re zeroing in on something? News crews were just asked to move away from the house because a new forensics team is coming in and were told it would “only take an hour”

I'm not really sure why there continues to be such hostility towards a report by several MSM sources (not just Inside Edition). Especially since mods have addressed the issue directly and given clear instructions regarding it. It seems that deeply held (controversial) beliefs regarding another case entirely are being used to direct the thoughts of others on THIS case, which is also against TOS.

I respect everyone's opinions and thoughts and considerations whether or not I agree with them...but regardless if you want to believe Kaylee mentioned a stalker in the recent past (or you don't), I'm pretty sure we can all agree she definitely had a stalker the night she was slaughtered.
When Mark Furhman issued that statement about a stalker to Fox News that everyone else has picked up, he qualified it. He said it was told to a person who told the person that told him. Hearsay through two people. It is possible it is true but it is also very much possible it isn’t. Unfortunately, the only thing that ever gets repeated is that there was a stalker. No one ever bothers to repeat what Furhman himself added about it being, basically, gossip. Furhman inserts himself into investigations from the outside, his knowledge and opinions are no more valuable than anyone else’s.

Watching MSNBC, the reporter is outside of the home and they are showing LE taking pictures of tire marks on the road. It could be they are just documenting marks LE cars made, older marks or possibly from the suspect.

This is from yesterday, but I had not previously seen where Ethan and Xana were before they came home.

"Investigators have determined that Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were seen at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. At approximately 1:45 a.m., Ethan and Xana are believed to have returned to the residence at 1122 King Road."

Surely investigators have questioned people at that Sigma Chi house, to determine whether anything untoward occurred there.
Is that fraternity nearby? Did they walk back to Kings Road?

that fraternity house is a stones throw away.

Unless someone had the code to their phones. I also hate using a code, so always bypass it. imo
right, but you can bypass it because it's your phone. I very highly doubt the killer is calling J...why would he take the chance of picking up one of the girls phones to call one of their male friends... makes no sense.. and I stand by MO that there is no way the killer had both Madison and Kaylee's phone codes. My husband of 28 years doesn't know my phone code.. and I don't know his.

Moo..it is town with many students, the house was probably a party house previously considering the size of it. There will be a number of party houses in town. You get used to it and there is also entertainment value.(no murders but many car accidents and fights) Any ways that is the way it is around here.

This ^^^^ I think this was a premeditated murder and a week b4 a holiday break was part of it. JMO

Possibly, but from following many cases here I'm often surprised how close the perp lived to the scene of the crime. There is also the argument that the perp had to know the area well enough in order to commit this crime and not be spotted as acting suspicious.

Do we know that Ethan was the one seen by the person who called 911? Or could it have been one of the other victims?

Do we know for sure the 911 caller saw a victim through a window or door but remained outside the entire time?

Or could a friend have arrived, let themselves in (either through keypad or unlocked sliding door), not see anyone in the communal areas and then went to check in a bedroom?

I am just trying to clarify. There have been so many reports, along with so much detailed supposition, that I am getting confused between what is established fact vs guesses.

Thanks for any clarification.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members