ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Banfield said , after the presser, the perp had 1 Instagram post. It was a video filmed and edited by himself, and he gave credit to 2 other people. It was a horror film of a murder in a garage, and the following clean up of the crime scene. It was his only post, made prior to Nov. 13

Right you are! I'm local (I live in the same state 300 miles away) so I'm seeing it not only on national news, but our local news every day. My husband, who couldn't care less about crime, had no idea what I was talking about when I told him today that they arrested someone for these murders.
I've been fixated on the case since day 1 but hardly anyone around has even heard about it. I have LEO as clients and I've asked about their thoughts on the investigation and none had even heard about it.

That gave me pause until I saw that he’s a student at University of Washington. If that’s the Pullman campus, it’s like 15 miles from Moscow. I guess now we wait for the gruesome details of his mental state and motive.
I think we'll out he's a loner, not socially active. Maybe spends a lot of his time online, typical profile of these coward killers.

jmo

So, he drove from Washington State to Pennsylvania and had to stop along the way for gas, to eat, to sleep (in his car or a motel). It's possible he struck up conversations at different places with random strangers. He could have said something to those people that seemed off, or telling. I'm sure LE would love to know about it.

good points!
weapon might be found there?

altho tbh he seems dumb enough to have buried it in his parents' back garden ( We all assumed that car had been secreted in a remote barn/ similar dump site since mid November. )

Believe it or not, i'd say the vast majority of people haven't even heard of this case or anything else about it. I work in a place with hundreds of employees and have not found a single person who knew much about it. It is possible they literally do not know. The attention bias is generally strong with websleuths in general. How could they NOT know about it, right? Reality is that unless one partakes in news often or is a sleuth themselves, they may not have heard about it. Loads of other things going on in the world.

Even within websleuths, I'm a little surprised to see that there are other forums actively being updated now. I feel like the whole world is focused on this, but of course I'm just in my own bubble

Believe it or not, i'd say the vast majority of people haven't even heard of this case or anything else about it. I work in a place with hundreds of employees and have not found a single person who knew much about it. It is possible they literally do not know. The attention bias is generally strong with websleuths in general. How could they NOT know about it, right? Reality is that unless one partakes in news often or is a sleuth themselves, they may not have heard about it. Loads of other things going on in the world.

In my circle of friends which includes a retired FBI agent and several retired detectives and officers I don’t know one who knows about the case or even cares about it.

On first glance, I think you probably have it backwards here.

He likely chose his field of study and research area based on thoughts and inclinations he had already.

In my opinion he had noticed disturbing things about himself before he started this area of study.

Similar vibes to James Holmes trying to study neuroscience.

These are maladaptive, terrible people who choose to engage in behaviors that are beyond forgiveness. Their masks only hold up so long.
I was going to post a very similar post! I followed the theater shootings from the day of the crime and watched every minute of the trial.

Banfield said , after the presser, the perp had 1 Instagram post. It was a video filmed and edited by himself, and he gave credit to 2 other people. It was a horror film of a murder in a garage, and the following clean up of the crime scene. It was his only post, made prior to Nov. 13
Here we go.... Fantasy Man has been makin killer stories

What was his DVD collection like?

Well, obviously not. But surely it is something that will cause people (like us) to speculate? I agree that BE is not the most trustworthy source, but I'm going with it here because he is a journalist, after all.

Why would anyone consider a murderer's words upon arrest to be evidence of anything at all? Except, perhaps, concern about what's happening to his own family. That was my point.

And I think the concern might be real, if they did indeed knowingly help in any way after the fact. That's where my mind went, as well as minds of other persons. Not as evidence for anything - but of his concern (and to me, his longterm desire to blame someone else for everything that goes wrong in his life).
I'm confused. You initially responded to me saying I hadn't seen evidence, and now you seem to agree that there's no evidence...?

LE is very limited still on sharing any real details about the crime as they have pieced together and think it happened. At least until he is extradited back to Idaho and then even still, details will likely have to come from the court.

I'm like the rest of you. I'd like to know how he first came in contact with the victims and when. Of course we all want to know why, as absurd as the reason will be.

All MOO-

Does anyone else find it interesting that the only comment we’ve heard the suspect BK made to LE upon arrest was “have you arrested anyone else”?

It’s very interesting that today the house was supposed to be professionally cleaned in order to be released back to owner. Was abruptly ended and canceled. After this arrest.

What if that comment from BK is the reason cleanup was canceled?

Press conference : chief of MPD says they have charged him felony burglary which he then explained can only be used if you have forensic evidence of that person being in the house.

So it’s certain they have enough evidence to connect BK to the crime and murders.

But with the cancelation of house cleanup today…. Not yesterday when the warrant was filed and swat team raid was planned.

What changed after the arrest ?

Chief says legal request from court.

There is something here…. Possibly a partner or accomplice.
Or BK's public defender?

is it one of those fake Instagram accounts which were set-up in last few hours? Did she check? Does she care?

Just listened to the PC. Did no one ask the question “are you confident that he acted alone?”
I believe one or two journalists asked a question along those lines.

The Chief responded along the lines of he was confident they arrested the person who committed the crimes and have evidence to support it. And said he thinks the public should remain vigilant no matter what because we should all be vigilant and aware of our surroundings regardless of arrest.

To me personally. Again. MOO - I think they have key forensic / DNA evidence linking him to house and victims and murders as well as some surveillance footage of him there that night.

I also found it interesting the prosecutor asked for anyone who knew him to come forward. Anyone who worked, was friends with… knew him in anyway… they want to hear from them. Still building a solid case.

Which is smart.

Also has my mind twirling about all kinds of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper