ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They often keep cars at the scene for an extended period of time until they can be processed. LE has kept the perimeter secure so there was no threat of people playing with them. It's usually a priority to process the crime scene first, and then personal items (like cars) can be dealt with after. I knew of a young woman who was murdered similarly at the edge of campus. Their roommates weren't allowed to retrieve any personal items for over a month and didn't get their cars back for weeks.
After seeing the investigators masked up before entering the house, I fear the condition of the survivors' and victims' possessions once they and their families are able to get them.

Interesting that the person did not make the 911 call from their own phone, but instead made the call from the phone of one of the surviving roommates. Did that person have their own phone with them when they came to the residence on the 13th? If not, why not? Did they not want their own phone in the area when LE responded to the call? Were they concerned LE would be asking that the phone from which the call was made be handed over?
While college kids live on their phones, so this is probably not the case, but I can't count the times that I have forgotten to charge mine, especially after a late night.

It was just before noon. I wonder if Kaylee's long-time friend, who the girls had been trying to reach just before the murders, was the one who came over before noon and who borrowed a phone to make the 911 call.
Do we know for sure the friend arrived at or around 11:58?

Why would the friend need to borrow a phone, generally those personal devices travel with us.

(rhetorical questions btw)

I think the point is that when you hang out with people in their homes, you tend to collect their Wi-Fi passwords. And—your phone saves them.

So, if you came over, not intending at the time to murder anyone, your tattletale phone might likely log onto their WiFi automatically.
Exactly. And I have seen wifi payments on their Venmo so we can assume they had wifi and a router. Whether or not it was their router or a provider's router may affect the time of the results from digital forensics. You can believe they are looking at that. Even for the last activity to prove who was asleep and when. So interesting to me.

Also, who ever did this horrible crime has lot's of evidence to get rid of. His clothes have to be covered in blood, if he drove there in a vehicle that is going have his blood all over his car,truck and some of the girl's blood as well plus a knife with lot's of DNA. I'm sure LE is checking dumpster's and gas stations in the area.

Please don't live in fear. I am 41 years old and my only regret in life is not going away to college. And by away I mean not having the campus life experience.
Thank you, but there is also some contributing factor of why I don't live on campus. It's pretty close where I live and my dad wants me to commute. But I guess I have to be socially active in the college then.

Random thought:

That CC side-chick-thing in Kelsey Berreth's case stopped at Sonic after that atrocity.

Lori Cox (she's not a Vallow or Daybell, imo) took kids to Burger King after the atrocity with Charles.

There's another case where an atrocity happened and the perp's first stop afterwards was at a McDonald's. I cannot, for the life of me, remember which case it was; where it was or who was involved.

Heck, even Darrell Brooks got a sandwhich from a good samaritan after his stupidity.

But, some cases make me ask 'what is it with eating afterwards?! How?! committing these heinous acts builds an appetite for quick, hot, junk food?! Hm, interesting. Maybe part of a pattern inside that type of mindset is hunger after an atrocity?

Moscow, ID, a small town I've never heard of leads me to say not too many quick hot drive-thru places open at 4-5am. So, a list of possible stops would be smaller vs a big metropolis.

The point I'm trying to reach: it would not suprise me one bit if the perp is on camera swiping a card (time-stamping his own stupidty) while in a drive-thru picking up food immediately after the atrocity, likely within a few miles of the site.

This is me projecting info from other cases onto this one, admittedly. But, I've read that timeline in multiple cases so much so I'd be more surprised if there is NOT footage of the perp sitting in a drive-thru waiting for food after this atrocity occured.

#checkthefastfoodlines

ETA: Nick Cruz went to Suway, got a drink. Then, he went and SAT at a McD's - don't think he ate from either place? While that's one more for the list/pattern it's still not the one on the tip of my brain. If anyone else can think of such a situation in another case, help a Porcelain out, 'cause now it's gonna bug me which case it was.
Golden State Killer (EAR/ONS) often hung around in the victims’ homes for hours, raiding their fridges…..

Also, who ever did this horrible crime has lot's of evidence to get rid of. His clothes have to be covered in blood, if he drove there in a vehicle that is going have his blood all over his car,truck and some of the girl's blood as well plus a knife with lot's of DNA. I'm sure LE is checking dumpster's and gas stations in the area.

Please don't live in fear. I am 41 years old and my only regret in life is not going away to college. And by away I mean not having the campus life experience.
Thank you, but there is also some contributing factor of why I don't live on campus. It's pretty close where I live and my dad wants me to commute. But I guess I have to be socially active in the college then.

Random thought:

That CC side-chick-thing in Kelsey Berreth's case stopped at Sonic after that atrocity.

Lori Cox (she's not a Vallow or Daybell, imo) took kids to Burger King after the atrocity with Charles.

There's another case where an atrocity happened and the perp's first stop afterwards was at a McDonald's. I cannot, for the life of me, remember which case it was; where it was or who was involved.

Heck, even Darrell Brooks got a sandwhich from a good samaritan after his stupidity.

But, some cases make me ask 'what is it with eating afterwards?! How?! committing these heinous acts builds an appetite for quick, hot, junk food?! Hm, interesting. Maybe part of a pattern inside that type of mindset is hunger after an atrocity?

Moscow, ID, a small town I've never heard of leads me to say not too many quick hot drive-thru places open at 4-5am. So, a list of possible stops would be smaller vs a big metropolis.

The point I'm trying to reach: it would not suprise me one bit if the perp is on camera swiping a card (time-stamping his own stupidty) while in a drive-thru picking up food immediately after the atrocity, likely within a few miles of the site.

This is me projecting info from other cases onto this one, admittedly. But, I've read that timeline in multiple cases so much so I'd be more surprised if there is NOT footage of the perp sitting in a drive-thru waiting for food after this atrocity occured.

#checkthefastfoodlines

ETA: Nick Cruz went to Suway, got a drink. Then, he went and SAT at a McD's - don't think he ate from either place? While that's one more for the list/pattern it's still not the one on the tip of my brain. If anyone else can think of such a situation in another case, help a Porcelain out, 'cause now it's gonna bug me which case it was.
Golden State Killer (EAR/ONS) often hung around in the victims’ homes for hours, raiding their fridges…..not McDs, but needinga nosh is a weird footnote fore sure

No, it’s not known.

It’s likely they were in the same room since Kaylee had moved out. Was her bed even still there in the house?
That's what I was assuming, that her room might have become storage or a big clothes closet. Anyway if they were sleeping in the same room, the killer could have hid in the second room. Now, if they really were in different rooms, (which I am awaiting proof of), that really affects my own theory of how fast a knowledgeable knife wielder would have to act. And, that maybe he didn't have to kill both of them. "Have to" in his own mind. LE should be able to discern which of the 2 had the other girls' blood mixed in, if they were killed first.

Assuming you mean Wifi instead of wiki, if you've connected to someone's, say a friend's or restaurant/hotel's, WiFi using their password, the connection will show up as a trusted or known network when you come back in the future. As long as the password hasn't changed since you first logged in, you'll automatically be connected to a known network.
tower Records
Assuming you mean Wifi instead of wiki, if you've connected to someone's, say a friend's or restaurant/hotel's, WiFi using their password, the connection will show up as a trusted or known network when you come back in the future. As long as the password hasn't changed since you first logged in, you'll automatically be connected to a known network.
tower records record who was in the area, don’t they?

Still confused about the dog. If kaylee and the ex were fighting over the dog then who had him the night of the crime? I think the sister said she let the dog out but how would she know that? Betting maybe that came from the survivors who hung out with the other roommates for a while before retiring to bed? Then the dog escaped when the sp came in and left the door open? We need more info. Hope something good comes out of this pc @3.
Who said they were fighting about the dog?

I keep reading that Xana and Ethan were at the frathouse until 10 PM. That is a long time before 1:45, when they all were cited as arriving back at the house at about the same time. Has anyone heard about their activities in the interim?
Nope, LE hasn't told us any of that.

Not sure anyone has answered this question yet but in case they haven't the event that was captured on the phone was the sorority formal he had been to earlier (that night?) - NOT the murder. I had to read those paragraphs a few times myself because I wanted to be sure the first time I read it I thought that maybe it was the murder!

Yes, I had seen in an AP article (not paywalled) yesterday that Ethan had spent the day with his triplet siblings at a dance his sister's sorority was hosting.
His parents were really glad that he spent this time with them.

“He was our daughter Maizie's date, and his brother was Maizie's roommates date,” Chapin’s mother, Stacy Chapin, said in an interview Wednesday. The group was attending a dance hosted by Maizie's sorority. “They all spent their last day together, all dressed up, and had a great time. We’re all thankful that they spent that time together.
Ethan Chapin captured photos of the event on his phone, but the family has yet to see them. ”

Last edited:
I feel like if this was a sloppy, impulsive, 'moment of rage' type crime between known or quasi-known acquaintances that we would have a pretty good idea who did this by now. Likewise, two BHU teams wouldn't have been requested and now on site.

I think that something was seen and/or found that was very, very disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katsimpson1022