ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that has come to mind is the possibility of this being a fraternity member, considering sorority and fraternity members, well fraternize, and I’m not saying one frat as there are likely several, but then I dismiss this idea thinking if this were the case the other brothers may know, if they came home with blood, etc. BUT, thinking more, fraternities members are BROTHERS, so maybe they wouldn’t immediately report it IF it was the case, but may come around after time.

Also, are there any vagrant camps nearby? I’m sure this been discussed, sorry for any repeats, behind in convos. Ftr I always hate to cast suspicion on those down their luck, and I advocate for those people, and have spent time with them, but honestly we know drugs and mental illness often accompany some homeless people.

Another thing which I know is obvious is the neighbor issue.

Depending upon the location within the house that the ‘unconscious’ victim was found and the colour of their clothing worn and the colour background that they lay against , in addition the amount of light coming in and if curtains or blinds were drawn , this will all contribute to the survivors potential trepidation and fear approaching what they aren’t sure is an unconscious body or a dead body and they probably called others to see what they thought. Don’t forget that the blood had around 8 hours to dry and depending upon light may have looked like spillage.
Also don’t forget that many people of that age have never seen a dead body before and will be cautious if there’s no movement and no response and probably kicked a foot and still no movement so freaked out. Personally I think people are too hung up over this issue but hey I could be wrong and I will admit if I am

JMHO

There’s still something I don’t understand about the 911 call……I don’t think a surviving housemate called 911, I think a friend of the housemates did this, what I don’t understand is why wouldn’t you use your own phone? It’s either in your pocket or close by, why was there a need to use the housemates phone instead of their own phone?

But would you do that if truly asleep? Real question. I don't defend myself if I am asleep, but maybe others do? I have to be awake enough to know I'm being attacked (I have gotten a broken nose when my spouse rolled over and flung his hand at my face- complete accident. Totally woke up and defended myself).

Definition:A defense wound or self-defense wound is an injury received by the victim of an attack while trying to defend against the assailant

Of course, it occurs to me that "defensive wounds" might simply be a descriptor for a type of wound that was found, but maybe wasn't really caused by someone defending themselves. I would think they'd call it something else, but could be wrong.
'Defensive wound' usually means they found injuries on the forearms and/or legs which are consistent with self-defense. They look at site, number, depth and the directions of the cuts to determine if it is likely to be self-defense.

My thoughts are they were all targets. <modsnip: no links> I hope the police find this killer soon because they need to be locked up and people need to feel safe after such a tragic loss. I remember in my younger years having parties and lots of friends over. The victims didn’t deserve this and I hope their families get answers soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering if a thorough metal detector search around the house, roadway or vicinity has been conducted? Perp may have tossed knife leaving the house in a panic or from car while driving away?

Depending upon the location within the house that the ‘unconscious’ victim was found and the colour of their clothing worn and the colour background that they lay against , in addition the amount of light coming in and if curtains or blinds were drawn , this will all contribute to the survivors potential trepidation and fear approaching what they aren’t sure is an unconscious body or a dead body and they probably called others I’ve to see what they thought. Don’t forget that the blood had around 8 hours to dry and depending upon light may have looked like spillage.
Also don’t forget that many people of that age have never seen a dead body before and will be cautious if there’s no movement and no response and probably kicked a foot and still no movement so freaked out. Personal I think people are too hung up over this issue but hey I could be wrong and I will admit if I am

JMHO
What if the perp covered them up with a blanket which hid the blood?

• Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up.
Snipped by me.

Well, that's just opened up a whole new can of worms....
I immediately started wondering if things were more violent on the third floor. I do think that early on, right after this horrible tragedy happened, I read something to the effect that the scene was really bad, especially on the third floor, but I don't know if I am remembering that correctly. JMO.

Presser.

Reporter - Was there someone there, other than the two roommates when police responded to the home?

Chief - Will you clarify that for me?

Reporter - You're not confirming a roommate called 911 but they used the roommates phone. So, was there someone else at the home other than those two roommates?

Chief - There was other friends that had arrived at the location.

snipped and bolded by me for focus

So the roommates saw one of the victims lying there and THEN called friends over.
Wouldn't there be blood? If they thought their roommate was unconscious, would they try to wake them? Wouldn't they call out for the other roommates to help?

I'm confused now.
I don't think any of this is essential. People panic when something like this happens.

Does it need to be so literal to solve the crime? You have to know this is a question that can never be answered, whether all the victims were literally sound asleep at the moment of first knife wound. LE, coroner, ME cannot answer that question. You will never get that detail unless the killer confesses and is honest.

I think the best we can understand is they were in their beds asleep when the attack occurred.

It does rule out some of the speculative theories about a party, or an altercation, or K and M frantically dialing J because they were alarmed. Those probably didn't happen.

I think what they are getting at is it was late and after bedtime for all of them. I can work with that, whether I am playing sleuth or juror. No doubt there was some waking for each individual at the time each individual was attacked, and maybe E or X heard some commotion and investigated. But by and large it sounds like they were sleeping when this went down.
Actually a good forensic pathologist will give you a good indication if they were asleep when the attack started because they will be a full forensic examination of the property and full blood examination and blood splatter analysis will give indication as to the sequence of events along with defence wounds from someone awake or someone reactive as they are between awake and sleep state. It’s like a huge jigsaw of evidence collected that comes together

So the roommates saw one of the victims lying there and THEN called friends over.
Wouldn't there be blood? If they thought their roommate was unconscious, would they try to wake them? Wouldn't they call out for the other roommates to help?

I'm confused now.
My speculation is that the scene was so horrific and shocking to the surviving roommates that, for a few seconds after finding the bodies, their minds simply couldn't process what they were seeing. Our minds naturally fill in gaps in our present knowledge based on past experiences, and in that first moment, a quadruple murder in their own home was not the most likely explanation for what they were seeing. They knew their roommates were drinking the night before, so when they saw blood, maybe they thought the victim had drunkenly stumbled onto a sharp object or glass. Maybe there were other objects, like blankets or pillows, that covered the worst of the injuries. Maybe they thought they had taken or been given drugs, or their drinks were spiked. The point is, all those explanations would have been more likely than what the awful truth quickly turned out to be. Simply put, they were in shock, and I wouldn't hang too much weight on whatever words they used in those first moments. All JMO.

My thoughts are they were all targets. <modsnip: no links> I hope the police find this killer soon because they need to be locked up and people need to feel safe after such a tragic loss. I remember in my younger years having parties and lots of friends over. The victims didn’t deserve this and I hope their families get answers soon.
This is what I'm leaning towards. A targeted killing in this case could be all 4 of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm confused now.
Not if he was rolled over on his stomach, even close to a wall.

My guess, he wasn't the one the killer was after. So one or two quick stabs and take him out and then go on to do what he came for.

Depending upon the location within the house that the ‘unconscious’ victim was found and the colour of their clothing worn and the colour background that they lay against , in addition the amount of light coming in and if curtains or blinds were drawn , this will all contribute to the survivors potential trepidation and fear approaching what they aren’t sure is an unconscious body or a dead body and they probably called others to see what they thought. Don’t forget that the blood had around 8 hours to dry and depending upon light may have looked like spillage.
Also don’t forget that many people of that age have never seen a dead body before and will be cautious if there’s no movement and no response and probably kicked a foot and still no movement so freaked out. Personally I think people are too hung up over this issue but hey I could be wrong and I will admit if I am

JMHO
Great post. BAM!!

Last edited:
My speculation is that the scene was so horrific and shocking to the surviving roommates that, for a few seconds after finding the bodies, their minds simply couldn't process what they were seeing. Our minds naturally fill in gaps in our present knowledge based on past experiences, and in that first moment, a quadruple murder in their own home was not the most likely explanation for what they were seeing. They knew their roommates were drinking the night before, so when they saw blood, maybe they thought the victim had drunkenly stumbled onto a sharp object or glass. Maybe there were other objects, like blankets or pillows, that covered the worst of the injuries. Maybe they thought they had taken or been given drugs, or their drinks were spiked. The point is, all those explanations would have been more likely than what the awful truth quickly turned out to be. Simply put, they were in shock, and I wouldn't hang too much weight on whatever words they used in those first moments. All JMO.
Yes, probably even challenging to perform a simple task like dialing 911. Their minds were frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member