Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, contamination of the crime scene:
"Authorities have revealed that other “friends” were present in the house when the 911 call was made where four University of Idaho students were found murdered.

“There was other friends that had arrived,” Moscow police Chief James Fry said at a press conference.

“Honestly, I’m not quite sure [how many] at this time.”

While continuing to refuse the identity of the caller, police said that the call was made from a phone belonging to one of their roommates."

Some people esp. in a sorority house will lock the bedroom doors at night so someone who may be staying for the night doesn't accidentally walk into the wrong room ?
That's my .02.
I get that, but after they were killed, why would their door be locked?
The killer would have to push the button lock on the door I suppose.

RBBM in red
He says there is no connection there. My interpretation is that clears the person Kaylee & Madison called a total of 10 times.

JMHO
I think it was a simple yes or no question, and he didn’t answer it. I have no idea if it means anything, but he clearly wasn’t ready to say yes or no about the person (not the calls).

I've thought alot about this in the last hour. I have to admit it does plausible.

However, my question then is, why just someone on the second floor not responding? It stands to reason, wouldn't they knock on the 3rd floor door also?

Why just the second floor?

Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before a Moscow Police officer arrived at the location, about the second floor.

So, all this is transpired, yet no one is thinking those upstairs are unconscious too?
The roommates on the 1st floor were near front door entrance and had a bathroom (which I think was in laundry room (or maybe laundry room just had a shower and sink?), so maybe the first floor surviving roommates went to 2nd floor to use kitchen and noticed a mess and then went to 2nd floor victim's room? I think one of the 2nd floor victims was awaken by the noise of killing upstairs since bedroom ceiling directly below Master bedroom on the 3rd floor which left killer no choice but to kill the 2 victims on 2nd floor after 3rd floor killings perhaps? Maybe the killer exited house from the 2nd floor bedroom after killing E and X but did lock bedroom door.
I think roommates on 1st floor were so used to upstairs noise of other roommmates and party guests that they slept through the killings.

He could have meant bringing the perpetrator of the attacks on these victims to justice. It's easy to misspeak in plural when you're talking about a crime with multiple victims/separate attacks on 2nd and 3rd floor, etc.

In the interview with KG's parents, the father kept referring to the perpetrator as a guy. He corrected himself one time but then said "this guy" at least 2-3 more times. IMO, most people believe this attack was committed by a male and most believe it's 1 person, not 2.

But that doesn't mean the father knows this was done by a male or that it was done by 1 male.

Sounds to me as though he might have started to say: “bring these attacks to justice,” and then realized that it wasn’t worded well, just in a logical wording sense, not that he’d let anything slip out that he wanted to conceal.

Has anyone been able to find out who this Jack person was they were trying to contact? It seems important that he was the last person they were trying to reach.

I get that, but after they were killed, why would their door be locked?
The killer would have to push the button lock on the door I suppose.
Yes, you're right !
I wasn't thinking. Brain is turning to mush over this case.
Cases take time.
We just all have to be patient, but I'm fearful that the evil perp who did this could be planning another attack.
Which is why I want to see an arrest soon.
More lives could be lost.

I'm not even sure if this was as 'targeted' as has been stated , because if so I'd think LE would have a suspect by now ?
It appears like they have a working theory.... so, hoping for a resolution in the near future.
LE only have one crack at this.
Imo.

Last edited:
I know Moscow is a small town but I'm surprised there weren't more cameras.

I live in a very safe neighborhood/area but most people have at least a Ring doorbell and an additional floodlight camera, etc.

It would be nice if Ring or Amazon or another company donated some cameras to Moscow so the town could feel a bit safer. If I were the perp and a ton of people started putting up cameras, I'd be on my best behavior and maybe leave town. It would be great publicity for any company.

Jeeze. I have raised two cops. I can not imagine what the holdup is with this slaughter. It simply boggles the mind.
Is this the most sophisticated killer in the world or the most inept investigation team in the world.
This killer must not be in the system . If it was random and he also isn’t in the system . No matter how much evidence they have it will be beyond difficult to find the perp . This investigation might boil down to someone calling in reporting suspicious behavior of a known friend or loved one and then them matching the dna or evidence found .

I think that’s a possibility.

However, when I put myself in their shoes, if one of my roommates wasn’t answering their door to the point it concerned me, I would probably go and check with my other roommates, (in their case, on the 3rd floor) at which point they would have probably discovered what happened to them.
I think at least one of 1st floor roommates knocked on locked bedroom door of E X and then went around back of house through kitchen sliding door 2nd level patio and peeked through window and saw either E or X or both unconscious...maybe not seeing the blood. If killer locked the bedroom door, there should be killer fingerprint if no gloves on.

Yes, you're right !
I wasn't thinking. Brain is turning to mush over this case.
Cases take time.
We just all have to be patient, but I'm fearful that the evil perp who did this could be planning another attack.
Which is why I want to see an arrest soon.
More lives could be lost.

I'm not even sure if this was as 'targeted' as has been stated , because if so I'd think LE would have a suspect by now ?
It appears like they have a working theory.... so, hoping for a resolution in the near future.
LOE do have one crack at this, so ....
Imo.
LE seems to be preparing the public for this to be a lengthy investigation. I did not get the impression that it will be solved in the near future. Hope that I'm wrong!

People are questioning what was left at the scene that horrified the police... could it have been amputations?

This killer must not be in the system . If it was random and he also isn’t in the system . No matter how much evidence they have it will be beyond difficult to find the perp . This investigation might boil down to someone calling in reporting suspicious behavior of a known friend or loved one and then them matching the dna or evidence found .
And since it's a party house, it's likely covered with DNA from many different people. It might not be so easy to solve as some think.

(It's been many years since I've been on WS - but this case is so perplexing and sad that I had to comment. My interest and posts are always related to geography and time of crime.)

At the press conference today 11.20.22, LE remarked that they are focused on the area "South of Taylor Avenue to Palouse River Drive" and "West of Highway 95". This area is South of the crime scene.

The following coordinates can be referenced on Google Earth (note: Google Earth, not Google Maps) - just cut and paste in the search bar. I'm only suggesting a possible exit path - I don't know this area at all personally.

To me, the LE reference suggests maybe they believe the perpetrator's path of egress was out the back area of the house (located at 1122 King Rd - 46°43'18.91"N, 117° 0'38.78"W) as opposed to down King Road or East of the house. There are many structures with windows and potential cameras around the King Road house - I'd think the perp would have been aware of that and chose the safest way out. The area with the least visibility seems to be the forested area behind the house. Even though there are fences enclosing adjacent properties, the fences appear to be scalable. The forested area abuts Walenta Drive at various points:
46°43'17.56"N, 117° 0'42.19"W
46°43'17.16"N, 117° 0'40.94"W
46°43'16.63"N, 117° 0'39.97"W

The house located on Walenta at 46°43'17.16"N, 117° 0'39.94"W seems critical to ask if there are cameras. Up the hill from this area about 65 yards is where Walenta Dr. intersects with Ridge Road - from this intersection there is a footpath about 20 yards away (46°43'14.91"N, 117° 0'39.02"W). The path heads South and has several sets of stairs and is about 110 yards long, ending at a cul-de-sac called Shetland Court. This looks like a public access path (not locked) - but I can't find anything online. If it's an open path for walking, could there be evidence in that area (it looks surrounded by trees)? Is it possible the perp could have taken this path and parked a car at the bottom (46°43'12.29"N 117° 0'38.88"W)? My guess is it would have taken less than 10 mins from the crime scene to get to that place. Also Shetland Court leads to Colt Rd, which leads to Conestoga Dr, which leads to Palouse River Drive on the edge of town. Easy exit out of town.

Just a thought!
Could definitely make it to the cul-de-sac (Shetland) while staying undercover and out of range. Theres one spot at Walenta where the street has to be crossed and field cut through, diagonally.

Alternately, going NW from the house on King St, one could make it to the water tower on Nez Perce very quickly, and under cover or blocked from view of the houses by vegetation. Once at the water tower, its an easy drive around to Old Pullman Rd and right out of town.

I think it was a simple yes or no question, and he didn’t answer it. I have no idea if it means anything, but he clearly wasn’t ready to say yes or no about the person (not the calls).
In the earlier link from the presser, it was stated the LE have cleared : The two surviving roommates, the food truck man, and the man who drove them home ?
That was it.
The larger issues are ; if there was a party, the list of people LE will want to talk to is enormous.
Add to that that some may not want to speak to the police at all, as is their right.
M00.

@TL4S I think this is huge!!!!

I said earlier my suspicion is he or she was out in the hallway. Thus why LE wouldn't tell us today "where" on the 2nd and 3rd floor victims were located.

When LE was asked who was sleeping on what floor? He said he wouldn't divulge that because that would be part of the picture.

"Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed "one" of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up.”

He wasn't in bed next to his girlfriend.

Did he wake up and get a drink, go for a pee, chase someone, chased by someone, stumbled upon someone coming in....?
I tend to think that E was killed first, in bed, and X might have tried to get the killer off of E, but eventually would have tried to flee out the bedroom door. So the picture I imagine is X being the "unconcious" person, with E either in bed or possibly on the floor immediately next to the bed, maybe out of view. If the killer had killed the upstairs girls first, then the 2nd floor couple next, and then left out the same way he came, I think it would be more likely there was blood everywhere through the living room where the roommate would have come up the stairs. Then, perhaps the 911 call would have been different. But if he killed the 2nd floor couple first, especially if killing his strongest opponent right off the bat, perhaps he didn't track a lot of blood through the living room. Then after killing upstairs, he came back down and left through the kitchen. We just don't know the details of where there's the most blood, etc. JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members