ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What could be in the crime scene that is so disturbing other than 4 deaths?
Responding to "could." I don't actually think any of these things were.
- satanic or other cultish symbols or writings
- something to indicated they were targeted because they were in sororities
- threats to strike again
- signs of excessive brutality, torture, etc.

I am personally frustrated with the lack of information and apparent lack of progress after a week given all the resources. But I don't want to know the gory details or see crime scene photos or anything like that. I am gradually beginning to think this will go unsolved and that is truly sad.

LE can and will lie as much as they want when they are trying to catch a killer. Make someone think they are in the clear when they are not.
But they have to be careful. If they say a person wasn’t involved that is going to be used in defense at a criminal trial. Then you have to explain you were lying then but you’re not lying now — never good

Moscow, ID is a fairly small community. A lot of students don't even have cars, and ride bikes everywhere, even in winter. I wouldn't assume that the killer drove a car and left in a car. Running biking, all acceptable in a college town, at any hour of the night. Especially as so many of the students train and participate in the CDA triathlon.

The presser was interesting, and it sounds like this quadruple homicide is a problem for the university. Sounds like they have already heard from many students that they are not coming back for finals.
It certainly is a problem. Students are scared. I wonder if "targeted killing" idea stems more from wanting to not scare other students than from actual evidence. Especially considering police wouldn't say what that evidence is.

I think they had to put the number code in and then they have to go around to open sliding door! Sounds strange but I heard that in an interview with one of the parents I think it was XKs dad!?

Now I’m confused.I’ve never heard of a door that has a passcode you put in that then opens the back sliding door.I assumed it opened the front door only.
What letsspeculate stated is not accurate.

The dad said the code often didn't work, or wasn't activated, and he had to go around an up to the sliding door in the back to get in.

Alright, I was wrong, they didn’t release footage or suspect info, BUT, another great PC in my opinion. The fact they are staying in communication with public, reiterating their commitment, is fantastic. I think people really need this communication, or they start to get critical and antsy for lack of better terms. Again, I think the LE here is being as transparent as possible, which is a lot more than we see in other cases.

They also said pretty much word for word what I said last night, that “these things take time”.

I have NO DOUBTS at this time about the competency and efforts of the agencies involved, and think they appear to be doing a great job. Again, it seems they are doing everything they possibly can and I have full confidence they are approaching this to the best of their abilities and resources.

Last edited:
- If all the victims were asleep, then these killings almost certainly wouldn't be the result of some rowdy party gone wrong.
- It would also indicate there wasn't any MSNBC-reported 'struggle' prior to being killed.
- It would also suggest that whomever did it intended to kill ALL of them from the get-go.
- It also suggests an impersonal, disconnected crime.

That's not a pissed off ex-boyfriend, a slighted frat bro, or a miffed incel. That's a pathological, sadistic sicko. Hope they're finding out who skinned that poor dog alive a couple of months ago.

My opinion.
My question is how would the dog stay so quiet? My parents have the same breed and it is clumsy and loud (and loving, but still loud)

Quoting Chief and q in re: to phone call subject.
I am not familiar with the appropriate way to put in pauses etc, so please forgive and see if you can understand.

Christina Corbin w/ Fox news. The male subject who the women called, um has he been ruled out as A SUSPECT OR a person of interest?

Chief: Everything that weee have taken from theeee from those calls uhh we've followed up on we've cleared and and we we uhhh believe that uhhh there is no connection there.

He did not say the subject has been cleared as he did numerous other individuals. He stumbled over his words and tried to be vague and give an honest answer -somewhat. IMHO.
(How do you clear a call anyway? Confirm it happened? You clear a person, but he didn't say that.)

Link for source.

edited to remove initial

Last edited:
We don't know if they were sleeping 2 to one bed. M&K have separate rooms. Maybe E knocked out on the couch and wasn't sleeping in bed with X.

The coroner said the fatal blows were to the chest and neck. One deep stab wound to the heart or neck could render a victim incapable of screaming or fighting.

MOO
I'm sorry, but I don't believe it. Any college student I've ever known, would be sleeping with their BF/GF after a night out, with no parental influence there. just saying.

I'm glad the hoodie guy was cleared. I just saw a college kid infatuated with beautiful girls who wanted a hookup. JMO
Me too. Poor guy was in the right place at the wrong time.
So that means the 2 survivors 1) called friends to come over 2) gave those friends enough time to arrive — and in that time, never called 911 themselves?!? Like what?!
I don’t think that’s the scenario at all. Friends showed up while the survivors were probably still sleeping or hadn’t went upstairs yet.
Yes, and media will probably FOIA the recording.
They tried; they’re not releasing it yet thankfully.
Hard to know what to make of it.

It's possible they didn't all sleep in their usual rooms that night for whatever reason.
Meaning perp was going for one/two but hit wrong room first, suggesting perp was familiar with sleeping accommodation?
Ended up killing 4 when his intention was to kill only one or two?
That's pure speculation, just where my mind went when I heard it.
I know people were saying KG was moving out soon; but also if they both made back to back phone calls, they probably slept in the same bed together. After a night of drinking and emotions maybe (all the calls?) they just slept in the same room. LE says victims were ‘killed in their sleep’ but I’m thinking they mean attacked, because it was after the phone calls and they weren’t believed to be or sound suspicious. Placing time of attacks after the calls and giving them time to pass out, if they were all indeed, all asleep at the start of the attacks. IMO

They wanted to clear up speculation about the surviving roommates, hoodie guy and private driver back to the residence. Said all those were clear. For J, it was a little bit of a stumbling answer and sounded like he was trying to be careful about how he worded it. Basically, J isn't a POI or suspect, but is not cleared
Doubt that they'll identify a POI in this case. Probably just make an arrest when time is right. Wouldn't doubt if they have an eye on someone 24/7 at this point.

Hmm, I respectfully disagree. I am not saying I suspect him of anything, I just think it was very important to throw in Kaylee’s ex’s name on that list if it was pertinent to do so. JMO.
There is a reason why LE will say a name and also why they leave out a person's name.

So, it sounds like LE either have no idea who did this, or -- they are still attempting to gather a mountain of evidence and they are looking closely at certain people ?
Could be either.
They have to have a warrant to search someone's cellphone or GPS on their vehicle; unless it's freely volunteered ?
Imo.

Why would the roommates have to summon their friends? Do you have information that they did? And then waited around for them to take their time and show up? Not human nature. Perhaps there were plans already in place to meet as a group at X time, and then go out to brunch.
I can only imagine, but I would think after calling 911 that I would be calling all my BFFs freaking out, that they would probably rush over.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe it. Any college student I've ever known, would be sleeping with their BF/GF after a night out, with no parental influence there. just saying.
While I agree, I’ve also passed out in bathrooms, kitchens, on couches, in cars. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities. I think they were in the same bed and perhaps M&K were too. IMO

We don't know if they were sleeping 2 to one bed. M&K have separate rooms. Maybe E knocked out on the couch and wasn't sleeping in bed with X.

The coroner said the fatal blows were to the chest and neck. One deep stab wound to the heart or neck could render a victim incapable of screaming or fighting.

MOO
There was never a stab to the neck mentioned. She was asked that I believe and responded w/ the mortal wound to the torso statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber