ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moscow, ID is a fairly small community. A lot of students don't even have cars, and ride bikes everywhere, even in winter. I wouldn't assume that the killer drove a car and left in a car. Running biking, all acceptable in a college town, at any hour of the night. Especially as so many of the students train and participate in the CDA triathlon.

The presser was interesting, and it sounds like this quadruple homicide is a problem for the university. Sounds like they have already heard from many students that they are not coming back for finals.
just wonder if there was really "no one on the street" at 4 or 5 am... because where else but college do people stay up all night? go running and biking at all hours? etc.

I got the impression they pretty much know who did it, but don't have enough evidence to charge him - yet. One reason I think this is because the narrative seemed to shift from earlier when we heard a lot of comments about not knowing who did it, to more talk of just needing more time to get it put together. IDK if anyone else got that vibe or not, but I did.

100% agree. They are collecting more evidence. I wonder if they have requested DNA samples from anyone.

IMO, I think we need to stop speculating about J. He is very much of a victim here. J was a very long term bf of Kylee‘s and although they were broken up at the time of her murder, kylee’s sister thought that they would eventually get back together.

hear me out

J had to use a roommate's phone to call 911, because he took his own phone as far away from the house as he could before commiting the murders. he took no chances getting pinged in the area, thus showing up without a phone at noon aswell
That won't wash.
They have confirmed the 911 caller is not the murderer.

I got the impression they pretty much know who did it, but don't have enough evidence to charge him - yet. One reason I think this is because the narrative seemed to shift from earlier when we heard a lot of comments about not knowing who did it, to more talk of just needing more time to get it put together. IDK if anyone else got that vibe or not, but I did.

I must admit I got the opposite. I don’t think they have a clue frankly

At this moment, I agree. Who really knows, but it seems that way to me also.
If this happens again, I'll have no words.
As in, if there's a random killer and they strike again ?
I want to think that this was a one-off and at least the other students aren't in danger.
"Targeted" sounds like other students may not be in danger ?
What a mess.

Ok, but he also didn't list all their other friends were cleared or their neighbor. He also didn't say the 911 caller was cleared until someone specifically asked him. He never said it was a complete list of everyone they cleared. Maybe if someone had asked was J cleared, he would have answered.
J is being discussed on every talk show and social media. Inner circle.

The other friend and neighbors are not! Outer circle.

I'll say some people are very easy to clear because there is direct evidence that shows they were not near the scene of a crime. Other people, who may be just as innocent, are not easily officially cleared because there is not direct evidence of their location.

Imagine a crime takes place in Moscow, Idaho. They think my client did it. My client was on a plane from Boise to LA during that time. LE can quickly confirm checking: plane ticket, if my client boarded, security camera at the airport in Boise, security camera at the airport in LA. They can conclusively clear him based on direct evidence pretty quickly.

Now what if instead my client says he was at his mom's house in Moscow? How do we clear him then? If there's no security cameras showing him coming (and not leaving), you are left looking for witnesses, subpoenaing phone and car GPS, canvasing the neighborhood for security cameras. It may take a while to confirm yes - client WAS home and could not have committed this crime. Or maybe there's no direct evidence either way and you are left tabling someone until you can figure it out.

So IMO "clearing" or "not clearing" someone can be a process. People easily cleared usually means there's some good evidence they were elsewhere. Others may just take longer to decide.
Thank you, @Alethea

Has anyone mentioned that the girls could have been slipped a drug at the last bar and by the time they got to the food truck they were loaded? Because they do seem very clumsy as though they were inebriated but it could be that the drug took a little time to take effect. Also they would have gone to sleep, deep sleep very quickly. Then the person that attacked them would know that they would be harmless. Maybe they were calling bf they trusted because they knew they were not feeling right and he might come check on them or comfort them.

There was never a stab to the neck mentioned. She was asked that I believe and responded w/ the mortal wound to the torso statement.
<snipped> Coroner Has New Details About Fatal Slaying of 4 U of Idaho Students After Autopsies

Mabbutt said that the victims showed "little bit of bruising" but "nothing significant." She added that some bruising "wouldn't be uncommon during a stabbing."

Mabbutt couldn't say how many times each victim was stabbed but said it was safe to say each of them had multiple wounds. She declined to say where on the body they were stabbed and later clarified that the victims were stabbed in different places and a different amount of times.

Mabbutt said it was likely the four had bled out in the home.

She said DNA samples have been taken from the scene and are being processed. When pressed, she said it was "possible" that some of the DNA being tested may not be of the four victims.

"There were nail clippings that were taken, and other ones that are being sent off, and so that will be processed," she said.

I would add that Jake and Jack or for that matter anyone has been identified as a poi or suspect so therefore also off limits. If anything they are victims too.
i agree with that. There are a lot of people he did not mention as being "cleared". I think he was surprised at the question, and he has an odd sentence construction. He said. "we believe no connection".

Imo

Trying to catch up.
President C. Scott Green has said multiple times that this incident was *off* campus.
I heard a tone that my eidetic/graphic auditory sensory system did not like.
Yet h2e choked up a few times in the beginning and the end, so perhaps for legal reasons he was led to believe he *had* to say this, multiple times. That’s what my gut says, anyway.

ymmv JMVHAspieO
Aspie, I believe that the University President is stating this because it happened "off campus" so the University does not have to file a report according to The Jeanne Clery Act of 1990. Jeanne Clery was a college student in 1986 who was raped and murdered in her campus dorm bed and her parents pushed for legislation to require all campuses to report all crime statistics for potential students. You recognized that it is unfortunate that this has to be emphasized at the presser.

I know some may not agree, but I’m not having a huge issue understanding why the others in the house didn’t wake up. Their vocals could have been immediately incapacitated with a strike to throat, or maybe there was a pillow muffling, etc., etc. After a night out and probably drinking, the idea of someone being totally passed out and not hearing anything isn’t that odd to me, especially if they were on another floor, and also with the victims being in their beds without much opportunity to react coming out of a sleep. Is it a little odd nobody heard anything, yes, but I don’t think it’s totally out of the realm of possibility.

Last edited:
I also unfortunately feel they don't know who did this yet. According to the interview with Kaylee's parents, they have lots of evidence, so hopefully that leads them somewhere. If the crime scene was a mess (also stated in the interview with Kaylee's parents), that's a lot of evidence to go through and parse out. Hopefully they get something that points them in a direction or someone comes forward with surveillance footage that helps.

I am also not 100% convinced it was someone known well by the victims. It can still be targeted and be someone unknown to them. Like I would describe the Jayme Closs case to be targeted but the family had no idea who he even was. Were the four victims ever somewhere together (likely they were at one point in time together in public) where they inadvertently made someone else mad? Maybe they had no idea they even did, but this person was ticked off enough to follow them home one day. Or perhaps someone who lives nearby who is mad about party noise coming from the home. Yes, two roommates were spared, but could it be as simple as, their bedroom doors were locked and the other four were not? I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Ok, but he also didn't list all their other friends were cleared or their neighbor. He also didn't say the 911 caller was cleared until someone specifically asked him. He never said it was a complete list of everyone they cleared. Maybe if someone had asked was J cleared, he would have answered.
Excellent post. Nobody should infer that everyone is a suspected murderer if they haven't been specifically mentioned as "cleared."

I would scream before ever being touched if I saw an unknown man in my house at night. Lol I spook easily. If someone stabbed me I would scream horrendous sounds that would alert everyone on my street
I would've like to think so. I can only speak from personal experience as someone who thought she could scream bloody murder if anyone attacked me, that's not always true. I was disappointed in myself, but I couldn't squeak out even a sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper