ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I advise you should read the article before commenting. This was not coyotes.
The article is interesting, but also interesting is neither deputy is quoted. I can absolutely confirm we have coyotes (I live quite close to the alleged event) & have been hearing them recently, which is common at certain times of year.

We’ve had many instances through the years when folks feared we had someone mutilating (usually) cats that turned out to be coyotes as confirmed by necropsy at WSU. If a deputy thought this was actually animal mutilation/murder, the remains should have been delivered to WSU, IMHO.

We ~did~ have a dog poisoner many years back who was never caught, and we had a disturbing incident of dead coyotes (2017) dumped on of porches at sororities that was determined to be frat pranks.

Very interesting if true.

I really wonder why a barking dog would be spared in this scenario. I’d think that the murderer would want to silence the dog by any means necessary. Makes me doubt that the person that killed the mini Aussie and the person that killed the roommates are one and the same.
Maybe the dog slept in a crate?

Very interesting if true.

I really wonder why a barking dog would be spared in this scenario. I’d think that the murderer would want to silence the dog by any means necessary. Makes me doubt that the person that killed the mini Aussie and the person that killed the roommates are one and the same.
That is my point really. The various comments about dogs behaving this way or that way are all well and good, but the perp was dealing with someone else’s dog. Dogs are unpredictable. Especially a dog you don’t know. If you’re committing a murder and an unknown, potentially noisy, dog is in the room wouldn’t you get rid of it asap?

This person has no conscience towards humans so either he/she is an intense animal lover, or the dog wasn’t there, or he/she was confident the dog wouldn’t alert anyone. Or the dog ran off to cower before the perp got any chance to deal with him (most likely scenario I think)

Do you think they have a lot of forensic evidence testing back yet? Like DNA testing? I think the FBI is assisting with that in West Virginia? It seems like it would take longer to get most of the testing back from the lab which could help explain why the arrest is taking so long. Am I incorrect in this assumption?
Not sure if the WV FBI facility does DNA testing. They were opened to concentrate mostly on finger printing, but they have branched out to do other things, but not sure DNA testing is one of them there. I was thinking the WV facility was assisting with finger printing identification since that is what that facility was noted for doing.

I just cannot shake that is it NOT a coincidence that Kaylee was not even supposed to be in Moscow that night but wanted to show her best friend her new car. I think someone was watching her and Maddie's socials extremely closely. Could Kaylee leaving U of I and coming back for a visit have triggered this? She had been back home in CDA for a week and a half and then came back for an unplanned visit. Just MOO

Maybe I missed, but did the girls leave voicemails or was it just missed calls and text messages. Not pointing fingers but that seems to be an important part of the time line and I just wonder if there is proof that they actually made the calls.

Last edited:
In my opinion the killer "knew" the victims. Thats not to say any of the victims knew the killer, if you can follow my drift. The fact of the method of death says to me that it was personal. Again, not to say the victims were or were not acquainted with the perpetrator.
The perp DEFINITELY knew them. I believe the killer spent at least 20 min in the house. Probably more. I also believe this was planned but not some months long stalking type of event. Definitely not spur of the moment tho.
I do not believe the killer has any injuries from his own weapon. I believe the killer had a ski mask type covering and gloves. I don't believe he left DNA behind after the act. (Mouth and hands and hair covered. Did not slip on the knife due to its design so not bleeding)
I think its possible that he wore a tyvek type painters suit also. I also think he had other weapons. All is just my opinion of course.
I agree with you that the killer most likely left behind little or no evidence at the crime scene aside from a few fibers or stray hairs. It was cold on the night of the murders, and I would expect he dressed for the weather especially if he decided to spend any length of time in the woods watching the house. I'm also starting to think there won't be any DNA in the fingernail clippings due to the manner in which he dressed. Pure speculation on my part.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter how this person got inside, where the victims were found, who called 911. Those are details. What really matters is a focus on the killer, why this weapon was used, a profile of the killer, and the psychological mindset that would enable someone to do this. Mass murderers usually have a poor background, feelings of persecution, anger, resentment, isolation, domestic violence. If you're local, look around, think about a person you may have encountered that fits.
THIS. 100% agree. continuing reading the logs in my last post/link, this happened on 11/11, again in close proximity to kings/queens road. i'm sure LE is going over all their recent calls. well, i'm not sure.

22-M09831 Abnormal Behavior
Incident Address: ASH ST; Student Health
MOSCOW ID 83843
Disposition: ACT
Time Reported: 10:57
Cad Comments:
Male with schizophrenia is having an episode.
Subject transported to Gritman. No report.

I only mentioned a woman suspect in relation to what evil women are capable of doing with a knife. Re: what women did in the Tate-LaBianca crime scenes. Just to say, yes, it's definitely possible a woman could have done this, but I really don't have any reason to assume female over male suspect.

jmo

joanna Dennehy is a serial killer from England. Her weapon of choice was a huge knife, she killed I think it was 5 men. You can find lots of photos and news articles on her. Women can be just as dangerous as anyone so it’s possible this could be a woman.

I do wonder how in the world there isn't a bloodbath down the hallway, on doors, upstairs....
I don't think we know there's not. Before they got a lid on the communications surrounding this, several LE members said it was the 'worst scene they'd ever seen'. That would indicate to me lots of blood literally everywhere. Recently, KG's family said that the killer "made a mess" which would support that. Just because it hasn't been officially confirmed or denied doesn't mean it's not there.

is it possible that the perpetrator escaped out the third floor? Attacked E and X on the second floor, K and M made their calls because they heard something, perpetrator continued up to the third floor?

The hillside continues up a bit and the balcony off the third floor and in this picture from one victim's Instagram you can see how the balcony wraps around and gets pretty close to the driveway at the back - pretty common for decks in this area and dropping down a few feet on to cushy pine needles would be fast and easy.

I think the toughest issue to be reconciled is the motive in this case. The murders were not seemingly sexually motivated and nothing was stolen. If it was a crime of passion against an individual, and the majority of victims were killed in their beds, why would the killer stray so far from the intended victim to kill three others? If it was a random attack, is it just the killer's "bad luck" that so many people were in the house? It seems to me that the sorority itself was the intended target and that the killer or killers didn't know about the basement rooms and surviving roommates.
IMO I think both MM and X might be the target since they both worked at Mad Greek. Perhaps they had a customer that stalked both of them?

I think the toughest issue to be reconciled is the motive in this case. The murders were not seemingly sexually motivated and nothing was stolen. If it was a crime of passion against an individual, and the majority of victims were killed in their beds, why would the killer stray so far from the intended victim to kill three others? If it was a random attack, is it just the killer's "bad luck" that so many people were in the house? It seems to me that the sorority itself was the intended target and that the killer or killers didn't know about the basement rooms and surviving roommates.
This kind of reminds me of Cary Stayner. He stated after his arrest that he often had fantasies of killing women starting at age 7. He acted once he saw the opportunity at the hotel where he worked; woman, daughter and daughter’s friend. Then he killed a female co-woker in another incident. I think it was someone who thought about it, planned it in his head and then when he saw the two at the bar/food truck, his thoughts and plans were finally acted on. E and X were just a surprise kill to him. Just so very tragic for all involved.

Do you think they have a lot of forensic evidence testing back yet? Like DNA testing? I think the FBI is assisting with that in West Virginia? It seems like it would take longer to get most of the testing back from the lab which could help explain why the arrest is taking so long. Am I incorrect in this assumption?

I think the forensic testing may be a little like looking for a needle in a haystack. Trying to locate that bit of someone else's blood (the killers) among the bloody carnage at the house. Trying to locate the killer's DNA on the door handles of the bedrooms, when many people may have opened those doors (and the killer may have worn gloves).

And if they do find some mixed DNA or isolate an unknown person's DNA, is the killer's DNA on record anywhere?

I am an alum of the University of Idaho. From what I have read and remember of students during my time, graduating early isn't all that strange which is where K moving out comes from.

Kaylee was planning on graduating in winter 2022 (classes conclude for the year in December) but she probably had finished all her requirements early so she had no more reason to be at U of I and knew she could be moved back home by Thanksgiving Break. Remember she had a job in Texas lined up for Feb. and plans to travel to Europe in January. Her parents made it seem like she had already moved out of the house in Moscow and moved back home to CDA, ID with her family but had just gone back to Moscow only to show Maddie her new car.

If that is true about K being moved out, I think it makes sense that Kaylee was sleeping in Maddie's bed with her.
Howdy! I’m also a UI alum who never left with continuing close connections to UI - nice to meet you! Are you still here?

You absolutely could be right, of course! Was K a sorority sister? If so, it just feels odd to me that she would skip out on all the festivities planned between now & graduation, especially those honoring graduating sisters. MOO & anything is possible - just sharing my thoughts!

I agree with you that the killer most likely left behind little or no evidence at the crime scene aside from a few fibers or stray hairs. It was cold on the night of the murders, and I would expect he dressed for the weather especially if he decided to spend any length of time in the woods watching the house. I'm also starting to think there won't be any DNA in the fingernail clippings due to the manner in which he dressed. Pure speculation on my part.
BBM
I don't know what the fingernails will show, but the parents stated "They’re telling us that there’s so much evidence that it’s going to take a lot of time to process it all,” Steve Goncalves told Fox News on Sunday."

“This wasn’t like a pinpoint crime. This person was sloppy.”

I have seen some good recent posts about the behavior of dogs whose owners are being attacked. However, I think anyone who's still questioning that it's possible for a dog to be quiet/not alert the other roommates in a scenario like that should watch this video:
Snipped for focus.

Just wondering if there's any way that the dogs in that video sensed the attack wasn't real? Dogs can be quite discerning.

Extraneous, irrelevant info removed by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024