ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the killer wanted to kill everyone in that house but, for whatever reason, he was unable to. Locked doors, got spooked, saw a dog, didn't realize the other two were present...Why show up at a crowded house, albeit sleepy and possibly intoxicated, to kill one person one has a grudge against? Too risky, when a single victim can be picked off alone at a later opportunity. There would also be the risk of armed resistance in a house full of people. Murderous grudges have time to waste, I think.
1000% agree!

I think with Ethan there and he and Xana being in the same bed it screwed up his plans because he couldn't kill one without waking the other.

Very interesting. So the front door should be eliminated as a point of entry then. Wow!
I did not produce these floor plans. They were posted at WS a few days ago. I'm reposting them with some additional information.

It seems unlikely that someone entered through the first floor "front door" (most likely deadbolt with keypad). No one on that floor heard anything. Patio doors are notoriously easy to open even when locked.

1669071043238.png

Been lurking here since this terrible tragedy happened.

I suspect that this offender will reoffend. Back in September there was a campus knife threat warning before the four students were killed.

Glad University is allowing students to continue their studies remotely. The campus is unsafe, IMO.

Wow this thread is moving too fast for me.

Almost 10am and on the other side of the world in Australia and this case is making sleep difficult.

Does anyone have any stats or know where I can find them on stabbing homicides and sexual assault? Interested in how many homicides involving knives in which sexual assault is not present vs is present.

I need to say that I am desperately confused about Moscow PD's latest info release that one of the surviving roommates found of their roommates "passed out and not waking up" and they called their friends over? Did they just not see all the blood?

Sorry I am a little behind and catching up and reading everything now.. These threads are at a lightning pace

Anyone who is still curious about who called 911, this is what happened. Hopefully this clears up any confusion about whether the murderer placed the call at noon.

"The 911 call came from the phone of one of the two surviving roommates who were home at the time of the killings, according to a statement from the Moscow Police Department.

Police said the surviving roommates called friends over to the house on Nov. 13 because they believed one of their roommates had passed out. Multiple people spoke with the dispatcher during the 911 call made at 11:58 a.m. to report an unconscious person, according to police."

''Officials have said that they do not have a murder weapon or a suspect in custody, warning the town of about 25,000 to remain "vigilant."

''The entrance to the back of the house is on the second level, and opens up to a parking lot and forested area, which was blocked off by police tape on Monday. ''

Investigators cordoned off the parking lot and a forested area behind the home in Moscow, Idaho. (Derek Shook for Fox News Digital)

Investigators are seen searching a parking lot area behind the house in Moscow, Idaho Monday, November 21, 2022, where four people were slain on November 13. (Derek Shook for Fox News Digital)
They are STILL expanding the crime scene? My god, what are these cops even doing? This should have been done in the first day of the investigation. By now this crime scene is beyond contaminated. What even is the point?

Stairs going from the second floor to the first floor.

View attachment 381628

Thaks, Otto. With the half wall the stairs are clearly visible. So now I wonder if maybe the killings did not go as well as the killer had planned, or hoped--or maybe it was darker and more difficult to navigate on the first floor--and the perp felt like it was time to leave.

Speaking of, did anyone else find the twitch stream kind of weird? The fact that random men are sitting around watching a live cam of drunk college kids picking up food & offering to pay for the cute ones meals is super strange to me…
Strange indeed! Unfortunately privacy is a bygone luxury in this generation of tech users...go to a food truck after a night out and suddenly you're on stream without your consent! (Of course, all the better for us websleuths, but the flip side of that is increased visibility to people who don't mean well for you!)

This is a screen shot showing a road going up, along the side of the property, to the back of the property. We can also see the hill behind the house. There is public road/parking behind the property at the top of the hill.

View attachment 381626

Google Maps
So my guess, and I’m just wildly brainstorming not stating positively obviously, and guessing,to try and figure out who he is, is this white male (usually white usually male) is typically between 16 and 40 (wide range) either he lives or works near the house and happened to see the girls maybe through their window as he passed by, (townie)or he saw them on campus and blends in,( townie or student) came back to kill them….it looks like Ethan ran out and confronted him so was killed in the hallway, then the man killed Xena, and finally the two girls. He didn’t seem to realize their were more girls in the basement/first floor so I don’t think he’s been in the building before. Don’t you think he owned the knife already?(maybe likes slasher movies.) it was a Saturday night Sunday morning so I imagine he either doesn’t have a live in girlfriend or if he does she was out of town. (Most girlfriends would be suspicious of their boyfriends being out Saturday night ) I hope the dna locates him Thru genealogy trees because there are an awful lot of young men in that town thst fit my wild brainstorming description….very sorry if it’s stating the obvious..no idea about the dog except it may have been freaked out and
hid?

Last edited:
on Maggie O'Mara's FB page there is a Kaylee's Family Speaks Out post where a comment states "This is so hard to watch.
1f494.png
Ethan texted my son at 2am, and he’s almost positive they were still at Sigma Chi at that time, based on what the text said. That wouldn’t put them at the house until at least 2:10-15. My son called the tip line and reported this days ago, but they are still saying they think Ethan and Xana were at the house at
1:45. Frustrating."

If that is true as well the the whole timeline seems off.
I don’t doubt it. DM got the food truck video before LE, as confirmed by owner. DM also says LE missed the trash dumpster and it was emptied before it could be searched for the murder weapon. IMO. Nothing surprises me now.

I think it's interesting this person did not harm the dog. Maybe they're an animal lover.
Cannot get over the fact that the dog wasn’t killed or hurt (assuming it was in Ks room), especially if it may have been barking throughout the killing spree.

Animal lover? Or as someone mentioned before - did they know the dog??

I've only posted here once or twice so bear with me as someone who's read a lot of Agatha Christie recently, I'm personally thinking a lot more about the psychology of the case, not necessarily who did it.

To me, when I look at it, the single most mind-boggling thing is that there were ZERO 911 calls from the house. If you think about it, for one murderer to take on 4 people, even asleep, is a huge task considering that all it takes is for 2 people to call the police (one to distract the murderer, one to make the call) or even 1 if the murderer doesn't get to the victim fast enough. Given that, IMO, the murderer HAD to know the layout of the house. I don't just mean Zillow, I mean the killer had to know the layout of every room, how the furniture was laid out. Think about it. This thing happened in the dead of night and if the murderer turns on lights, that will likely alert people way before the murderer wants to. And even then, all it takes is a stray backpack full of college books to send the murderer flying and possibly wake someone up. And, here's the important part, this is a party house, yes, but also, I would imagine, a house where girls don't just invite random people into their bedrooms, especially on the 3rd floor. So given the picture of complete darkness as the murderer is going through the house, the murderer has to know where the beds are located in the rooms, where everything is located as well as possible. That's not a random stranger, that spells targeting, which is what LE was reporting at the start.
Now, there are reports of defensive wounds but still no 911 call, which means that the people fighting back were only doing so one at a time. Otherwise, a second person definitely would have made a 911 call even if all they can do is leave the phone on the line, that would have brought the cops in minutes.
For lack of a better word, this feels like someone who has practice; I won't be surprised to find this person might have military experience or background or training of some kind and quite possibly also might have used night vision goggles. The dog, assuming it was in the house, is also a tip-off. Dogs in general are unpredictable and I would guess the murderer is probably someone the dog knows. Sure, some dogs might go run and hide, but not all dogs will, even all the time. The murderer KNOWS the dog will not alert anyone.

The dog was there that night. Kaylee's parents say her messages to her ex that night show her asking him to please speak with her soon about the co-ownership of the dog. Dog is in good hands now.

I don't know the answers to your other questions unfortunately
Not meaning to be rude, but was there a link to someone saying the dog was there? (truly seeking knowledge, so just say yes and I will go search it out) I may have missed that in the interview. I heard that the calls were about the dog, but not that the dog was with Kaylee. I mean, if J did have the dog, maybe Kaylee wanted to have him bring the dog over, you see? And if she did have the dog, she would not have left it outside, so she would not have been asleep during the attack (unless she was so inebriated that she passed out before letting the dog back in. Which leads to maybe let the dog out, let the dog in and the dog escaped during the attack.

The dog and where it was (not barking or defending, possibly running for it's own life) brings a whole other level into this.

They are STILL expanding the crime scene? My god, what are these cops even doing? This should have been done in the first day of the investigation. By now this crime scene is beyond contaminated. What even is the point?

This bothers me as well. That wooded area behind the house should have immediately been an area of interest IMO. The slope gives someone lurking in that area a good view into the 2nd and 3rd floors.

This was so readily apparent that news reporters immediately began trouncing around that area to do this exact thing .. get a good angle to look into the house!

I need to say that I am desperately confused about Moscow PD's latest info release that one of the surviving roommates found of their roommates "passed out and not waking up" and they called their friends over? Did they just not see all the blood?

Sorry I am a little behind and catching up and reading everything now.. These threads are at a lightning pace
Unless there was a visible knife sticking out of someone's chest - most times our brains don't comprehend a situation this traumatic straight away. Remember, it's 12pm ish and some happy go lucky kids who probably partied heavily the night before walk into their friends house/or whoever it was and witness a friend "unconscious" - maybe he was lying face down? The immediate thought is pure panic, no? No one's immediate thought is I walked in on a murder unless it's blatantly obvious. Especially when it's young college kids.

I believe that the local police who have not dealt with hardly any murder cases during their careers were the first to isolate the crime scene. Niw thay feds are involved and in my opinion taking the lead, NOT the face of the investigation, but the lead in the investigation, the scene is being locked down better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3