ID - 85-year old woman kills masked home invader while handcuffed to chair - April 11, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
rbbm
''Jenneiahn's case was ruled as "justifiable homicide," the Bingham Country Sheriff's Office said in a statement on Facebook.
"Now that we are able to release the details, we wish to make it clear that our intention is not to defame the name of the suspect involved or make a tragedy for his family worse," added the sheriff's office. "We are simply releasing the facts of the case, and explaining that there was a victim involved that displayed heroism, fortitude, and a will to live that we’d be remiss not to share. We feel fortunate to know Christine and wish to thank her for her example at this time. We wish her well in her recovery and look forward to finding a way to honor her at a later date."
View attachment 496459
And she did all that with a head injury. The perp struck her in the head hard enough to leave blood in her bedroom before he even pulled her out of bed.

MOO

How does one shoot while handcuffed?

What a hero. I wonder what she did for work when she was younger. Clearly, she's had firearm training.
o/t, Although i know nothing about guns, never before handled one, my dear father who liked to go skeet shooting begged me to keep him company one day.
Well he handed me the rifle, told me to brace my shoulder then without warning, he released the clay pigeon, my very first and second shot was a bulls eye, i didn't think too much of it, boy was he excited, but that was it for me.

I'd say it was skill, but that's just me and my opinion.
I think her gunshot wounds and their placement had an element of luck, as they were said to include the chest and abdomen.

As far as the placement of her shots, I think she probably practiced regularly and was a better shot than her opponent....

Jenneiahn fell to the floor while still handcuffed, and was there for about 10 hours before her son found her and gave her a phone to call 911. Deputies arrived at approximately 12:17 p.m. and provided lifesaving measures.
Idaho mom, 85, committed 'justifiable homicide' by shooting armed home intruder, prosecutor says

OMG 10 hours injured with multiple gunshot wounds handcuffed to a chair laying on the floor! This lady is tough as nails. I hope she recovers from her injuries fully. Someone needs to give her a medal.
I agree. She’s a hero.

HURRAY for Ms J.
A crying shame that she was injured that way, gen'ly not a fast or easy recovery from anything at that age. Then again, prob'ly not fast or easy at any age.
As @tlyca (TYVM) said "tough as nails."

"Officials told EastIdahoNews.com the two were known to each other and it was not believed to be a random incident." *

The deceased perp's Blackfoot, ID address was only about 5 mi. from victim's Rose, ID address.
In home invasions seems fairly often that the invader is known to victims, esp'ly seniors, for having done home maintenance or yard work on the premises.

"Condon discovered that Jenneiahn’s son was in the home and got angry at her for not telling him."
From ^this^ seems perp was not very familiar w the household.

imo

[ETA:This is sheriff's FB page which has a pdf of Bingham County Prosecuting Attorney's Ap. 9 memo, Incident Review Of Derek Condon Homicide. Basically recites fact-finding, section of ID law, and why no prosecution.]

Subsequent investigation turned up a broken window in the back of the residence and a screwdriver near where Condon broke in, according to the review. On his body, Condon had a lock pick set, his car key, a handcuff key and a bag filled with items stolen from the home.''

Last edited:
Lock Pick Set. Broken Window. Handcuff Key.
[In ^ post, meant to add a comment (too late to edit).]

Since it appears perp had to break a window to gain entry to the house, seems he was not very handy w the lock pick set.

He also had a handcuff key too. Hmmm, maybe some experience being detained or arrested? Prepping for a quick escape? Just wondering.
"Subsequent investigation turned up a broken window in the back of the residence and a screwdriver near where Condon broke in, according to the review. On his body, Condon had a lock pick set, his car key, a handcuff key and a bag filled with items stolen from the home.''

Lock Pick Set. Broken Window. Handcuff Key.
[In ^ post, meant to add a comment (too late to edit).]

Since it appears perp had to break a window to gain entry to the house, seems he was not very handy w the lock pick set.

He also had a handcuff key too. Hmmm, maybe some experience being detained or arrested? Prepping for a quick escape? Just wondering.
"Subsequent investigation turned up a broken window in the back of the residence and a screwdriver near where Condon broke in, according to the review. On his body, Condon had a lock pick set, his car key, a handcuff key and a bag filled with items stolen from the home.''
The handcuff key was most likely for the handcuffs he used to restrain the victim. He would have needed it if he had to uncuff and recuff her, which it sounds like he may have done at least once when he was getting her to point out valuables in the home.

MOO

The handcuff key was most likely for the handcuffs he used to restrain the victim. He would have needed it if he had to uncuff and recuff her, which it sounds like he may have done at least once when he was getting her to point out valuables in the home.
MOO
@iamshadow21
An excellent point which I compleeetely overlooked.
Thanks for bringing it up.

not only did she lie there for 10 hours, this killer lay dead in her kitchen for all that time. Let me be childish for a minute and say Ick and eww. Can't even imagine what went through her head all that time. And I feel for her son. I hope there is more reported about her now, she sounds like someone with something to say.

How does one shoot while handcuffed?

What a hero. I wonder what she did for work when she was younger. Clearly, she's had firearm training.
I would guess just one hand was cuffed, one to chair, one to wrist. although if handcuffed with arms in front and a light enough chair I could imagine lifting it and firing. I can see hands cuffed together with the loop through arm rest. Really a function of how handcuffed and weight of chair.

IMOO

o/t, Although i know nothing about guns, never before handled one, my dear father who liked to go skeet shooting begged me to keep him company one day.
Well he handed me the rifle, told me to brace my shoulder then without warning, he released the clay pigeon, my very first and second shot was a bulls eye, i didn't think too much of it, boy was he excited, but that was it for me.
I had a 357 and it’s extremely powerful.

''Condon returned fire, striking Jenneiahn multiple times in her abdomen, a leg, an arm and her chest with a 9 mm pistol, according to the review. Condon went to the kitchen, where he died from the gunshot wounds.

Jenneiahn, still handcuffed, fell over and remained on the floor for about 10 hours until her son came upstairs in the late morning and gave her a phone to call 911. Deputies responded at about 12:17 p.m., the review says.

EastIdahoNews.com reported that Jenneiahn was taken to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center in Idaho Falls. She has been released and is recovering, it reported.

Subsequent investigation turned up a broken window in the back of the residence and a screwdriver near where Condon broke in, according to the review. On his body, Condon had a lock pick set, his car key, a handcuff key and a bag filled with items stolen from the home.''

she's been released so that's great

rbbm
''Jenneiahn's case was ruled as "justifiable homicide," the Bingham Country Sheriff's Office said in a statement on Facebook.
"Now that we are able to release the details, we wish to make it clear that our intention is not to defame the name of the suspect involved or make a tragedy for his family worse," added the sheriff's office. "
What the what? This guy probably would have killed her if she had just quietly complied, and he DID try to kill her after she shot him. IMO his name has been defamed by his own actions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaJean
Back