ID ID - Ahren Benjamin Barnard, 35, Boise, 4 Dec 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

From the article quoted above:

Ahren... went missing December 4, 2004. He was last seen at the McDonald's on Cole and Overland at about 7 p.m. as he dropped off his 3-year-old son to his mother.

From there, he drove home and even took a phone call from his roommate at 7:15 p.m. Family members believe he made it home. His car was found in the driveway but he never picked up his young child as expected the next day.

BBM.

Has the roommate been questioned? I realize the call came from the roommate so he wouldn't have been home then. But if the roommate came back later that night, did he see and/or talk with Ahren? That would certainly help develop a timeline. Or, since that day was a Saturday, was the roommate away for the whole weekend?

Why is there so little on this case? And tbh I wish we could copy and paste the entire MSM articles here because most of the articles are no longer found when you click the links. It’s hard to find the information if someone hasn’t posted excerpts from them.

This case seems to have so little to go off of. In fact I’ve been unable to find out if he had any enemies or if his ex and his relationship was tumultuous. They said they have POI’s but I cannot find any information on who and why. I see info about his mother receiving an anonymous letter but that’s as far as I can find on that.

If anyone has a site that I can obtain more info or that has a chance to recall something more, I would appreciate it. Maybe it would help others who haven’t heard about his case as well.

Why is there so little on this case? And tbh I wish we could copy and paste the entire MSM articles here because most of the articles are no longer found when you click the links. It’s hard to find the information if someone hasn’t posted excerpts from them.

This case seems to have so little to go off of. In fact I’ve been unable to find out if he had any enemies or if his ex and his relationship was tumultuous. They said they have POI’s but I cannot find any information on who and why. I see info about his mother receiving an anonymous letter but that’s as far as I can find on that.

If anyone has a site that I can obtain more info or that has a chance to recall something more, I would appreciate it. Maybe it would help others who haven’t heard about his case as well.
List to the Unfound podcast episode with his mother, very enlightening!

Hey all, does anyone have any more info? I hate to ask this but I'm currently digging and hope to get some help from the Boise PD here soon. I'm trying to grab what I can from here til I have to dig through their files.

From the article quoted above:

Ahren... went missing December 4, 2004. He was last seen at the McDonald's on Cole and Overland at about 7 p.m. as he dropped off his 3-year-old son to his mother.

From there, he drove home and even took a phone call from his roommate at 7:15 p.m. Family members believe he made it home. His car was found in the driveway but he never picked up his young child as expected the next day.

BBM.

Has the roommate been questioned?
Answering my own question...

According to this in-depth article, "At 7:15 p.m., Ahren received a call on his cell from his roommate regarding when he would be coming home. He reportedly told his roommate that he would be there soon. “I’m only a couple blocks from home,” he told him."

Google Maps confirms that the route from the McDonald's near Cole and Overland back to his home near 4900 Sunderland Drive is about a 15-minute drive. This fits with the timeline of the shared custody meeting around 7:00pm and the call at 7:15pm.

The article suggests he made it home, adding that there was "no indication of a break-in. No signs of violence. His two vehicles... are parked in the driveway. His motorcycle is in the garage. His pets, a dog and a cat, are found in the house."

Is it possible that whatever happened to him took place in the driveway? Like someone was waiting for him as he parked? His block looks like a typical quiet suburban street, but in December it would've already been dark by 7pm, so someone could've easily been hiding behind bushes, fences, or cars. And if so, how would they have known he was returning home at that time?

March 24, 2022 article - quite lengthy and informative. I have also posted this to Mr Burt’s thread.

I just finished watching the 2010 Disappeared episode on Jeramy Burt. The connection with Barnard is stunning, especially the part about the two men being wedding dates of the women who were friends.
Without having done a dive into either case, I'm wondering if Barnard's roommate has a connection to either of the women.
Strange how the one woman kept denying she knew Barnard when it seems there would be plenty of proof.
(As a side note unrelated to Ahren Barnard, I was saddened that Jeramy Burt's ex-wife Kim George died in 2016.)

There's an interview with Ahren's mother in the latest The Missing podcast

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back