ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if i am wrong. Only the parents participated in the re-enactment.. not the GGP or IR, Right? If that is the case, then this was pretty useless. yes, it can illustrate that an abduction was possible, i suppose. Just because no one was seen or heard on the roads etc. at the time the baby disappeared doesnt mean someone WASNT there. Perhaps a re-enactment might trip someone's memory? But if all four campers didn't participate in this exercise, i cant see any HUGE evidentiary value JMO

Just because the original campers told LE they didnt see or hear anything doesnt mean they are correct. They are on vacation, distracted, loud running creek, and an abduction is possible, which I guess was the point of the PI conducting this experiment. Doesnt mean it happened, just means it is possible. They may as well put an animal in the campfire area and see if a cougar comes to grab that. Point being, nothing can be ruled out and I don't know why the sheriff was so quick ti rule out virtually everything.

The timeline has always seemed murky to me..Thursday, Friday, 6pm sighting at the store, store in the morning, receipt, the family not seizing on the fact a filthy bawling baby seen at 6pm FRIDAY couldnt be their abducted child..and thinking the clerk got it wrong..

I will go with my gut on this.. one of the 4 knows.. JMO on all of this.

According to this article Reinwand was also to participate in the re-enactment. There were several seated at the picnic table during the clip. Maybe he was one of them.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...receives-solid-tip-on-toddlers-disappearance/

According to this article Reinwand was also to participate in the re-enactment. There were several seated at the picnic table during the clip. Maybe he was one of them.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...receives-solid-tip-on-toddlers-disappearance/

This article was published after the reenactment and it does not mention IR having been there (although we all know the news isn't always 100% accurate):

http://www.localnews8.com/news/kunz-family-reenacts-toddlers-disappearance/35281146

"The parents of missing 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr. as well as a private investigator and a Lemhi County Sheriff's deputy spent Monday afternoon re-enacting Kunz's disappearance at the Timber Creek Campground southwest of Leadore."

I only know what the PI said in terms of why he was conducting the experiment--to prove that the parents weren't involved. You might have other information that points to this being done for other reasons. It sounds like you do. Please share if so. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found it! I read where you said you had finally watched the clip and that's where Vilt said it. You must have missed it. Bessie posted a partial transcript of the clip about the re-enactment on Page 16, Post #228. Vilt says they are "going through the timeline".

This article was published after the reenactment and it does not mention IR having been there (although we all know the news isn't always 100% accurate):

http://www.localnews8.com/news/kunz-family-reenacts-toddlers-disappearance/35281146

"The parents of missing 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr. as well as a private investigator and a Lemhi County Sheriff's deputy spent Monday afternoon re-enacting Kunz's disappearance at the Timber Creek Campground southwest of Leadore."

The article I posted which is located at this link

was updated on September 14th shortly after 12 noon. Maybe the information about Reinwald attending the re-enactment was added when the reporter saw that Reinwald WAS there.

Could someone please explain to me why some believe the parents MUST HAVE been doing something other than what they SAID they were doing? Something must cause some to think they were either doing something sexual or something illegal (embarrassing). I'd like to know what causes some to think that, because in all honestly, I don't think that at all. I have not seen or heard anything to make me believe they weren't doing exactly what they have said they were doing.

Because if they were just going off to look for fishing spots you'd think they would have taken Deorr with them, and not just assumed that GGP would watch him. Or at least checked with GGP that he would take care of Deorr whilst they were gone. And they said that you can see the whole area from where they were, so you'd think they would have noticed something if there was an abductor or animal, unless they were very distracted.

Would finding a good fishing spot require more than 10 minutes/50 yards? Just wondering... I'm not all that familiar with fishing but it seems like that would barely get them down to the creek (and back).

The reason I think they were either having sex or possibly smoking pot is that if all they were doing was exploring why wouldn't they take DeOrr with them? Especially since they are aware of GGP's mental/physical limitations.

It was reported that they traveled to Leadore so Jessica could purchase female items. Perhaps upon return to camp she needed a trip to the vault toilet. I'd prefer my toddler stay behind if possible, just because. (Cue toddler yelling 'what are you doing mommy?' just outside the bathroom door)

That said, if I was on my monthly at a campground with a pit toilet and no running water, I'd be wishing I was home. Ugh x 100. MOO

Because if they were just going off to look for fishing spots you'd think they would have taken Deorr with them, and not just assumed that GGP would watch him. Or at least checked with GGP that he would take care of Deorr whilst they were gone. And they said that you can see the whole area from where they were, so you'd think they would have noticed something if there was an abductor or animal, unless they were very distracted.

1. IMO, they probably thought little Deorr would be safer at the campsite with GGPA (away from the rushing creek) rather than going with them to look for a safe fishing place;

2. We have no reason to believe GGPA didn't know he was watching little Deorr;

3. I don't believe there's any indication they could see GGPA and Little Deorr from where they were, nor could they see the parents from the campsite;

4. We have no reason to believe the parents weren't doing exactly what they SAID they were doing.

All IMO.

It was reported that they traveled to Leadore so Jessica could purchase female items. Perhaps upon return to camp she needed a trip to the vault toilet. I'd prefer my toddler stay behind if possible, just because. (Cue toddler yelling 'what are you doing mommy?' just outside the bathroom door)

That said, if I was on my monthly at a campground with a pit toilet and no running water, I'd be wishing I was home. Ugh x 100. MOO

Possibly, but why would they not just say that from the get-go? I think that sounds a lot less suspicious than "going exploring" to me. I'm not sure why DK would go with her either and risk leaving Deorr alone with GGP. How far is the toilet from the campsite? If that's where they were, they would also have a pretty precise distance of how far away they went. Personally, if it was me, I'd just as soon go alone than with my dh..... but, who knows. No theory is too strange to be eliminated (no pun intended) at this point...

I realise I'm adding nothing but a comment. - but is it relevant what they were doing?
I think the only important points here are how long they wete away. And. How far. they went. Imo

Or, for that matter, if I were with a little kid still wearing diapers . . . . bleccch! Nothing like choosing the most out of the way campsite with no amenities!

I realise I'm adding nothing but a comment. - but is it relevant what they were doing?
I think the only important points here are how long they wete away. And. How far. they went. Imo

To me, it doesn't matter if they were fishing, exploring, hiking, using the loo, smoking or anything else. I think people are just curious due to the reenactment, since we don't know what they were reenacting or how long they were gone-10 mins? 20 mins? 40 mins? etc. Questions seem to naturally breed curiosity.

No, I don't think it's relevant unless in some way, it helps in figuring out what happened to DeOrr. As long as they are being accurate with the details you listed (how long and how far away), I don't think it matters what they were doing. However, if it was something that might impair their judgment or sense of time, that might be another case? I don't know. MOO and theoretical only.

Or, for that matter, if I were with a little kid still wearing diapers . . . . bleccch! Nothing like choosing the most out of the way campsite with no amenities!

There's campsites all over the world with no amenities. Some have absolutely NO amenities. No picnic table and no vault toilet either. Actually, their campsite wasn't really very primitive compared to some. JMO

To me, it doesn't matter if they were fishing, exploring, hiking, using the loo, smoking or anything else. I think people are just curious due to the reenactment, since we don't know what they were reenacting or how long they were gone-10 mins? 20 mins? 40 mins? etc. Questions seem to naturally breed curiosity.

From what I have been reading here, people were "curious" about what they were doing long before any mention of the re-enactment.

No, it isn't really terribly relevant. :)

Question: Did GGP's camp trailer have a toilet? Many do, even small ones. I ask because I've seen references to the campsite vault toilet, and a recent post regarding JM's possible bathroom needs. Couldn't one or more of the campers have been using the toilet in the camper? If little Deorr was toilet training, it would certainly have been more convenient.

The tanks have to be emptied every few days, depending on how many people are using them. But we don't know how long GGP was planning on being at the camp site. Also, there would likely be a place in Leadore to empty it, if necessary.

Why do I think this is important? Because to me, knowing everything about the campsite is important.

From what I have been reading here, people were "curious" about what they were doing long before any mention of the re-enactment.

Ok.Then perhaps I'm wrong about questions breeding curiosity. I thought it might be being brought up again due to the reenactment, but I didn't intend to assert anything worth arguing about. Just a humble opinion.

Question: Did GGP's camp trailer have a toilet? Many do, even small ones. I ask because I've seen references to the campsite vault toilet, and a recent post regarding JM's possible bathroom needs. Couldn't one or more of the campers have been using the toilet in the camper? If little Deorr was toilet training, it would certainly have been more convenient.

The tanks have to be emptied every few days, depending on how many people are using them. But we don't know how long GGP was planning on being at the camp site. Also, there would likely be a place in Leadore to empty it, if necessary.

Why do I think this is important? Because to me, knowing everything about the campsite is important.

I was thinking that GGP had what we in the UK call a caravan because he was pulling it with a Suburban which I assume is a SUV that can't pull a "fifth wheel" trailer?

Fifth wheel trailer:

fifth-wheel-trailer-and-pickup-truck-public-domain.gif

Caravan:

07-europa-600-ex-speedway-man-9.jpg

Of course someone will tell me that the Suburban is a pick-up truck....

Is that your opinion?

1. IMO, they probably thought little Deorr would be safer at the campsite with GGPA (away from the rushing creek) rather than going with them to look for a safe fishing place;

2. We have no reason to believe GGPA didn't know he was watching little Deorr;

3. I don't believe there's any indication they could see GGPA and Little Deorr from where they were, nor could they see the parents from the campsite;

4. We have no reason to believe the parents weren't doing exactly what they SAID they were doing.

All IMO.

i dont know who "we" are. I do not want to be included in any collective "we". TIA I have reason to believe they may have been doing something other than they said they were doing because I have a contrary OPINION. If I believed everything I heard I would have no friends and many of my patients in 38 years of nursing would not have had positive outcomes. I form opinions based on what adds up and what doesnt. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member