ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fishing? Watching? Drinking? Using the loo? Hiking? Sleeping? Listening to the radio? How the heck am I supposed to know! :)

:blushing: I wasn't sure if you left something out. I haven't been following as closesly as others but really it's like IR is some ghost who doesn't even seem to have been there. I don't get it! :gaah:

Is it OK to post information on a private search that was talked about on the site?

I would be curious how often GGP visited with the family. Was he a regular face that DeOrr would have recognized and felt comfortable with? Was there any type of relationship or did they just willy nilly decide to go camping with GGP and his 'friend', whom they never met before, whom was also quite younger than GGP.

I'm no psychic or anything but I get a very uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach when DK sr speaks. I guess that's all I can say about that.....

This whole thing leaves me with a pit in my stomach. Whatever happened is something that does not align with common sense. Trust your instincts. My instincts are making me question everything (and everyone) because something is off. <modsnip>

If GGP was so medically fragile with dementia and on oxygen, why on earth would he be driving a Suburban and hauling a camper? I call BS on how sick he supposedly is. In fact, I call BS on their entire story. MOO

:blushing: I wasn't sure if you left something out. I haven't been following as closesly as others but really it's like IR is some ghost who doesn't even seem to have been there. I don't get it! :gaah:

Sorry, just saw this! I know, right? The guy is a complete mess when interviewed and clearly has some struggles. If anyone is the Richard Jewell of this case, it might be him. To me, even if IR is actually a wonderful and amazing person, based on what we saw, I would be more scared to leave my toddler in his sights than I would a fully senile person--or even no one at all! Again, no idea what happened. IR is just one of four POI's. I wonder how the PI handled IR's role in the reenactment. Was it based on what IR has told LE on his visits to the site with them (doubt it, because it doesn't seem like LE is feeding the PI much), or is it based on what the parents think IR was doing? Or did the PI interview IR?
Maybe he wasn't part of the reenactment at all.

The truth is the only thing that should be filling in a gap when it comes to a missing child.
Agreed. And as posters on a public message board, we should be conscious of our own responsibility to "the truth". To be more specific, that means not posting assumptions and opinions as "fact"; making an effort to parse out the "facts" when commenting on media reports; exercising discretion and good judgment when considering SM comments; and doing our very best to ensure that information we post is accurate. An open mind helps, too.

^^general comment, not directed toward anyone in particular^^

If GGP was so medically fragile with dementia and on oxygen, why on earth would he be driving a Suburban and hauling a camper? I call BS on how sick he supposedly is. In fact, I call BS on their entire story. MOO

I am not challenging what you are saying at all and there has been no official report of who was driving what. I think it was LE that orig said GGP was not a POI due to his declining physical and mental health. I don't know if he was fragile and I could never get a good read on his oxygen thing. Maybe people on certain types of oxygen can drive? I, unfortunately, know for a fact that some people with dementia still drive on country roads and I think, allowed the opportunity, someone with dementia could easily drive a suburban pulling a camper if that's what they have done for years prior. It seems to be the new stuff throws old people off. The old stuff is more automatic. (Dunno this for sure! Just spec!)

Doesnt work, must not be ok....

I have no idea if this applies to this thread, but on another thread I have followed you are not allowed to use the Proper name of the service, but you can say fundraising account. And there are other specific rules around it. Probably should ping a mod. IMO!

See now this type of article does not instill me with confidence that all is well between Lemhi County LE/Parents/PI.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/searchers-encourage-tips-be-directed-to-law-enforcement/35332252

Perhaps the FBI wasn't too pleased with the PI's announcement that GGP's coveralls and ax had been taken in for evidence. Kind of a slap in the face if you ask me.

This is the most bizarre case. I'm curious as to why the funded search has been cancelled. I'm thinking (hoping) the FBI report is imminent. MOO.

Perhaps the FBI wasn't too pleased with the PI's announcement that GGP's coveralls and ax had been taken in for evidence. Kind of a slap in the face if you ask me.

This is the most bizarre case. I'm curious as to why the funded search has been cancelled. I'm thinking (hoping) the FBI report is imminent. MOO.

I can also imagine that they don't appreciate the PI determining that some poor old dude who, say, happens to have hyperthyroiditis (symptoms include bulging of the eyes) and happens to drive that kind of black jeep, is now under suspicion by the public for abducting a child.

Still can't get over why the PI would be throwing GGP under the bus by calling out those two things as what LE seized. It seems like he is a defense atty (though I know he is not) trying desperately to bring any doubt into the equation that the parents are involved.

I have not been following social media (because some of the commenters make me question the meaning of life) but why would he be on such a jihad for the parents? Is it a "thing" that people think the parents had something to do with this?

The clip that was shown did not contain the re-enactment. I really don't know if the re-enactment wll be shown to anyone and I don't know if GGPA was present or if there was a stand-in. None of that was mentioned during the interview and nothing was said about it from the reporter. All based on my recollection.

ETA: I got the impression that the re-enactment had not yet taken place when the reporter interviewed Vilt. Everyone else was seated at the picnic table. If the re-enactment had already taken place I would think they would have already left. JMO

Thanks. I hope that the PI will come through with his sentiments by showing the reenactment with all of its participants (even if there are stand-ins.) Videos are easy enough to take these days. He could do it and put it out on youtube or one of the FB pages quite easily even if the newscast didn't pick it up. (And if SM is where the parents are being questioned, that would be the perfect place to show the reenactment that proves they could not be involved, right?)
I am so confused by why he would do the reenactment and just state that he did it, but not show it! We are not in kindergarten.

I don't believe so.

What I wrote is exactly what the sheriff said happened according to his investigation:

GGP was watching him, saw him going towards the embankment, so then GGP assumed he had found his parents, so he was surprised when they came back 10 minutes later looking for him.

Why are you saying that is not what happened?

I have not been following social media (because some of the commenters make me question the meaning of life) but why would he be on such a jihad for the parents? Is it a "thing" that people think the parents had something to do with this?

Some strange conspiracy theory types of people have been very vocal about the parents from the start, based on no real evidence at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member