ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please help me with the timeline? Do we know what time they left the campground to go to the store 20 minutes away? And what time they returned to camp? Then how long until the 911 call? I'm trying to figure how long they were back at the camp until Deorr goes missing.

40 minutes travel time to and from store. Maybe 10-15 minutes at the store. Right?

Thanks so much.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/lemhi-sheriff-opens-up-about-deorr-kunz-case/

"The next morning, DeOrr’s parents said they took their son to a store about 20 minutes from the campsite."

---media, timeline, and maps here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot&p=11968458#post11968458

When things change or don't add up in these cases, I see red flags. I see a lot of red flags sadly in this case, but I think more like a rash decision may have been made. I hope this case can be solved and DeOrr be found and brought home. I suspect there will be more pointed & detailed questions, etc. based on other interviews, etc. Hopefully everyone tells the truth the next time they are interviewed if they haven't already. Just my opinion following this case.

I am way over-posting and need to go pack for a trip, but...

The sheriff says in the newest video that the parents left the campground for Leadore (the store) at 10:30 or 11.

DK said in the parents' first interview that they returned to the campsite by 1 PM.

JM called 911 at 2:26 (or within a few mins).

Anyone know what time LE arrived at the campsite?

In the first unedited interview DK says they were with search and rescue until quarter to four. If 911 was called at 2:26 then it seems LE/SAR searched fairly quickly if they were with SAR only until 3:45? Then where did they do? That doesn't sound like a lot of time to me, what am I missing?? Also, if they left SAR at the campsite they would have had plenty of time to return to the store for the 6 PM "sighting". Not sure how the baby fits into this picture but the time seems off to me somehow....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...&mid=708F750B3A5292A0A56C708F750B3A5292A0A56C

Eye witnesses are notoriously inaccurate.. I don't know if anyone saw the baby in the truck in Leadore at the store. People want to help.. sometimes they just muddy the water more. I think something accidental happened and was covered up. At this point i am totally giving IR a pass..something happened on the trip to or back from Leadore when they went to the store(as a family). IMO. I do not think the baby made it back from Leadore..I do believe he was at the campsite at some point..was he alive when they went to Leadore "as a family"? If so, i don't think he made it back alive..what other conclusion can be drawn when the sheriff says every animal was identified by the heat seeking plane in a 3 mile radius? Deorr should have been found by that method.. unless this entire process is worthless.. JMO

Anything i write is just my opinion.

BBM
I agree. Some people, including the parents apparently (and maybe the PI for awhile) believe he was abducted. So that's really the only other conclusion that can be drawn besides any of the POI's being involved in at least hiding/covering something. Although it sounds like the parents might be moving on to a more supernatural explanation. I live in the Pacific Northwest (Bigfoot country) and hike a lot with my 10-year-old boy and dog, so I will be very interested in this doc. We stick together though, so BF would have to take all of us!!!!!!

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

My gut says they did not leave him with GGP for a few hours while they went to the store. Wouldn't the baby have freaked out??....They said he was very attached to them. Unless he was napping and they took off, thinking he might still be asleep when they returned.....but what if he awoke all upset?

Or woke up and wandered off unnoticed looking for his parents? But then again, wouldn't he have been found somewhere out there if this was true?

Could someone please help me with the timeline? Do we know what time they left the campground to go to the store 20 minutes away? And what time they returned to camp? Then how long until the 911 call? I'm trying to figure how long they were back at the camp until Deorr goes missing.

40 minutes travel time to and from store. Maybe 10-15 minutes at the store. Right?

Thanks so much.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/lemhi-sheriff-opens-up-about-deorr-kunz-case/

"The next morning, DeOrr’s parents said they took their son to a store about 20 minutes from the campsite."

I am not sure if we can take the times that were given as gospel at this point. JMO I think they said they returned to the campsite between 12:30 and 1 pm. But how do we know that is accurate?

Can one of the persons knowledgeable about mountain lions comment on this.

Sheriff Bowerman:
"Then later that evening we had a helicopter up with a FLIR, which is a heat seeking source. They identified every animal that was in the region and if that child was in the that 3-mile radius, we would have found him,"

Would a mountain lion normally remain in that 3 mile radius? How large of an area does a mountain lion normally hunt in?
TIA.

(modsnip)

We need to update the timeline as it still has the family arriving on Friday morning at 11 setting up tents etc. They arrived Thurs evening about sunset 9 pm.

Sheriff Bowerman:
"Then later that evening we had a helicopter up with a FLIR, which is a heat seeking source. They identified every animal that was in the region and if that child was in the that 3-mile radius, we would have found him,"

Would a mountain lion normally remain in that 3 mile radius? How large of an area does a mountain lion normally hunt in?
TIA.

The recent 'miracle' case of Rainn Peterson makes me question these FLIR helicopters. They had one up searching for her the night the 2 yr old went missing in a rural area. And she was found, safe, by a local resident 48 hrs later in a crop field 1/4 a mile away. The helicopter with heat seeking radar never saw her, apparently.

Yes, that's what I was thinking about gliving.

The sheriff said they are going back to square one.. they can't. 3 months have passed. Dogs wont get a scent, no new searches have been allowed/commenced..there is no chance Deorr will be found alive in the wilderness..the sheriff had been solid with the family.. now he is re-interviewing everyone.. What sense does that make? The TIMELINE wasnt even right from the beginning..so everyone is reinterviewed.. and? Inconsistencies.. and? This was botched early on, imo. How much faith can we have in local LE if the sheriff didnt even have the correct timeline from the beginning? Cold case unless they find remains in the woods sometime in the future..then they can blame it on animals, exposure etc. MOO

Anything I write is just my opinion.

Sheriff Bowerman:

TIA.
" home range size can vary from 25 to 500 square miles, while females usually occupy smaller areas of from 8 to over 400 square miles."

http://www.mountainlion.org/CAL_ch3.asp

I've actually been trying to figure this out for days and reading whatever I can find. These cats are actually pretty cool other then they are flat out killers. DeOrr would of been a perfect kill for one.

I don't think one would stay in the area. Especially with all the movement going on in the area after DeOrr vanished.
My understanding is they typically stay within "home range" unless they are a free rang kitty and haven't developed their true home range yet. Even then they don't have a set pattern that they fallow. No ryme or reason they just go where the wind blows pretty much.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5XWa-F0Ik2g

Lady in the interview also thinks a mountain lion killed her sheep. Problem is they can't find anything to support this. No blood, bones, or anything.

Thanks so much.

20 minutes? That's what I thought too. But a poster just finished saying how exhausted/crabby little Deorr would have been after the hour-long drive down the bumpy road! Hmmm, which IS it!?

20 minutes? That's what I thought too. But a poster just finished saying how exhausted/crabby little Deorr would have been after the hour-long drive down the bumpy road! Hmmm, which IS it!?
I think 20 min. About hour roundtrip. But that's just me following my own timeline from what I've seen.
I think it is little things like this that can cause such confusion.

Hey im sorry if someone has allready mentioned this but in this case animals really are a option for what could have happen and so i have been wondering since it's prolly not a normal thing to do but do you think the searchers were advised that they need to also be scanning the trees .When a mountian lion makes a kill they will often take it up into the trees and try to get it lodged between the branches so that it can get it stuck so it wont fall , They do it with deer so there would be no problem getting a little boy up there and i know for a fact this is how they kill and eat . So I was just wondering if the searchers were advised that they had to be scanning up into the trees . I can see them being so focused on the ground that anything above would go un noticed ...

Hey im sorry if someone has allready mentioned this but in this case animals really are a option for what could have happen and so i have been wondering since it's prolly not a normal thing to do but do you think the searchers were advised that they need to also be scanning the trees .When a mountian lion makes a kill they will often take it up into the trees and try to get it lodged between the branches so that it can get it stuck so it wont fall , They do it with deer so there would be no problem getting a little boy up there and i know for a fact this is how they kill and eat . So I was just wondering if the searchers were advised that they had to be scanning up into the trees . I can see them being so focused on the ground that anything above would go un noticed ...
Ha! Thanks for bringing this up! So I'm not crazy for thinking this exact thing. I was watching a video of an Idaho mountain lion up in a tree and was thinking what the odds could be that's why they searched the egals nest. And maybe were not going just for the nests either.

I was watching a documentary on mountain lions and was surprised to learn how tricky they are to trace. They will actually step in other animals foot prints to avoid being tracked. As well as making sure they step in their own so they don't leave tracks. Its neat. Beautiful animals....wow! But they live to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TruthAndACoffee